Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Edit: Mkikaden Tiragen has pointed out that this is already 90% in the game so yay!

Suggestion: Separate attributes in the compare tool that are all the same.
Kewords: UI, Attributes, Compare Tool
Notes: it makes it more difficult to try to figure out how variations on an item compare when there are a bunch of uninformative attributes mixed in with the salient ones. Maybe grey out attributes that all have the same value, or sort them all to the bottom below a dividing line. This would need to be reevaluated every time an item is added to or removed from the list.

Suggestion: “only show permanent skins” filter for skins list
Keywords: UI, character sheet, skins
Notes: In the character sheet’s skins list, there are currently radio buttons for “Show all Skins”, “Only show my skins”, and “Only show skins I don’t have”. An additional option to exclude/only show temporary skins would be helpful.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Skill queue - add possibility to move (or add) instantly a skill in front of queue list
Keywords: ui, skills, skill queue, character sheet
Note: useful when needed quickly to train short time skills before the queue

This is already in the game. :slight_smile: Use the gear icon in the Compare Tool to access the setting to only show values that are different between selected modules.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Right clicking the Cargo button in the HUD should give the option to open the various holds of a ship.
Keywords: UI, HUD, cargo, open holds
Notes: It is quite counter intuitive that you have to click your capacitor HUD element to access this option although there is a Cargo icon next to it.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Multi-cancel & multi-edit market orders
Keywords: ui, multibuy, market, multiedit, multicancel
Note: We have multi-buy and multi-sell now and these are awesome QOL changes. Unfortunately we have no way to manage a bunch of orders at once. I’m about to move 50 orders from one station to another and it is going to take 150 clicks and 50 window refreshes which is going to be painful. It would be nice if I could select all my orders and right click -> cancel, confirm just once instead of 50 times. It would also be nice to right click -> edit and get the multi sell window that just edits the order prices of the existing orders (obviously not generating a change fee if the price isn’t actually changed).

1 Like

Suggestion: Change the colour of Save Location
More Details: Change the colour of the tag when you save a location in space, you can’t really see it… I think the tag should be in green and you should get a circle round it which then disappears slowly.

Suggestion: Take Ansiblex gates into the autopilot
Details: Autopilot always takes gates, even though a route throught Ansiblex gates might be faster. The route planner needs to consider Ansiblexes, if you have the right to jump.

1 Like

Suggestion: ability to drag & drop systems, stations & structures from the search results window
Keywords: UI, Search,
Notes: Currently, it’s possible to drag items and character names into chat/notepad directly from the search results window (after using the search box in the top left of the screen), but it’s not possible for solar systems, stations, or player structures. For these, the info window has to be opened first, which is annoying and inconsistent.

3 Likes

Deserves a bug report, IMO.

Suggestion: Make the Pin feature in chat windows actually useful and add it to each individual chat to prevent accidentally closing the pinned chats with CTRL W.
Keywords: UI, chats, pin, closing windows
Notes: This happens all the time to me and it kills all the chat context and links I had in chat before I fatfingered CTRL W instead of CTRL A

Suggestion: Make dragging turrets/launchers in fitting window possible when the ship is already fitted with max number of turrets/launchers allowed.
Keywords: UI, fitting
Notes: Currently if you try to drag a turret/launcher to another slot (a common act to make your weapons heated longer) when the ship is already fitted with max number of turrets/launcher allowed, you’ll be informed “You cannot fit X doesn’t have any turret/launcher slots left for fitting, possibly because you have already filled your your ship with turrets/launchers or the ship simply cannot be fitted with turrets/launchers. …” and fail. This is annoying. This works in fitting simulation though.

Suggestion: Allow us to put assembled ships in station containers/warehouses
Keywords: Ships, storage, hangar, doctrine, station
Notes: Managing corp hangars is a nightmare when it comes to assembled ships. Being able to put them in station warehouses for easy sorting would be nice. A new type of ship container or whatever is fine as well.

4 Likes

Larger window controls (minimize, pin, and X buttons). Please for the love of god, 4K is unbearable like this! Thanks

1 Like

Technically that wouldn’t be the right area either, if he’s bringing up Echoes. Echoes has no place on the forums for EVE online

Suggestion: Tool tips on links in contract windows should show the object icon to be more useful.
Keywords: UI, contracts, object links, object icon
Notes: Instead of just saying “Show Station Info”, a bigger tool tip in a sensible location should show up and show the object icon. That would make it much more convenient to see what kind of object a CC goes to or comes from.

Suggestion: Market clipboard paste, but in the opposite direction. Pasting to add sell orders with pre-populated prices.
Keywords: UI, market, market seeding

Use case:
Export what you bought to clipboard (exists already), mark up all price columns by 5% externally for a new paste (excel, python, whatever), import new paste from clipboard to import sell orders.

Suggestion: Button to set sell item to average (0%) price.
Keywords: UI, market
Notes: A “set all” would be great

1 Like

Suggestion: There should be a tool tip on overview tabs (showing outside the overview on the edge of the window) that tells you which bracket setting and overview setting is loaded for the respective overview.
Keywords: UI, overview, tool tips, overview settings
Notes: Especially in big battles it’s quite annoying having to cycle through overview tabs to find the right tab for a specific thing. I have 2 tabs with BC/Frig overview settings loaded and use the tabs to change settings all the time depending on what I want to shoot primarily. Instead of switching to the tab to see which has which I would like to see this info in a tooltip to save performance.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Apply the new Jump Clone menu UI to the corporation wallet’s Division tab and give it buttons “Make Active”, “Deposit”, “Withdraw”.
Keywords: UI, wallet, corporation wallet, divisions
Notes: Right clicking the divisions to make them active the then click another button to withdraw, or to deposit by manually selecting the division. This would remove a couple of unnecessary right clicking.