Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Make “button blink: off” work on the redeem-queue.
Currently, it seems like items from the “daily login rewards” keep triggering the blink-animation despite blink is set as “off”. :frowning:

2 Likes

Suggestion: Mailing Lists need a search field.
Keywords: UI, mail, mailing list, search
Notes: The other day I got into a discussion with a chat user who was wondering why his chars were banned. Even though he send me the names and the corp that was banned, I could not find the names in the moderator mailing list. That lead to me unbanning the corp (even though I knew the corp name from somewhere). A day later another mod found the corp in question and the mails, which had titles of different chars that were never in the corp but related to their scam activities. And the corp name in question was in the mail text. It was from last year. I’d have had to sift though 30+ mails to find this mail.

1 Like

Boosters - please please please let me use a new one without waiting for the timer on the last one to expire! I’m not sure whether combat drugs work the same way because I have never tried taking a second one while still under the effects of the first but cerebral accelerators are a pain. Especially when it’s bedtime but the booster doesn’t run out for another hour - being able to consume a new one immediately to restart the timer would be a nice QoL change I would be very grateful for.

If there is potential for abuse with drugs (taking a new on to overwrite side effects or the like) then simply limit it to cerebral accelerators or to drugs with no side effects. The user is losing out on whatever duration was left on the original booster so there is even a trade off involved it wouldn’t be completely positive.

(If you could make the “new item” inventory red dots stop incorrectly appearing too that would be fantastic - or even give the option to turn them off altogether. I suspect I’m not the first to make that request though…)

1 Like

Yay, finally! :smiley:

1 Like

Suggestion: Make client remember UI window positions even after snapping them, when logging off.

Keywords: UI, window

Notes: Client remembers window positions before they are snapped (connected to other windows), but not after snapping. This results in almost all windows being slightly off position or overlapping every time I log in. It is painful to fix them every session.

1 Like

Suggestion: Make the “Buyer Will Get” window from contracts expandable
Keywords: Finance, Contracts
Note: Saves you from a trip to the ophthalmologist

There’s no way I can drag it so I can make it larger and one can have a ton of items there and scrolling on that narrow window to see all of them is a pain and unpractical.

1 Like

Suggestion: Add direct link to forums from https://www.eveonline.com/ or news/dev-blogs at least

Keywords: website, usability

My everyday routine is to check dev.blogs if there’s anything new then go to forums. Right now I have to either make 3 clicks from devblogs (Any article - link to forum - unread articles) or keep two separate bookmarks for dev.blogs and forums.

Either feels unnatural and cumbersome.

1 Like

Suggestion: List of trainable support/fitting skills for a fitting in fitting window
Keywords: ui, fitting, skills
Note:

A list in the fitting window of trainable skills that can be trained to help if I am too high on the current fit’s CPU or Powergrid. The skills listed would be limited to skills affecting the current fit.
Very useful for new players trying to get into fittings shared by more experienced players, but have no idea what skills can be trained in order to meet that particular fitting’s CPU and Power Grid limits.

1 Like

Suggestion: Ability to Label Stations under Personal Assets
Note: Some pilots orient themselves in the universe based on the list of stations in personal assets

This would be similar to the way we can custom label clones in the character sheet, except for the stations in personal assets, even just being able to add a note would be super useful (Alliance HQ, Mission Running, Trade Hub, etc.)

2 Likes

I am sure this has been mentioned countless times, but:

SUGGESTION: allow Containers/Sub-hangars in the personal Ship Hangar

KEYWORDS: Station, hangar, ship, organization

NOTES: When you have more than a few dozen ships in a station it becomes nearly impossible to navigate through them. Why not have the ability to create personal hangars, so ships can be sorted by however the player chooses.

I don’t even have a fraction of the ships compared to most veterans but it’s already getting overwhelming

3 Likes

It would be great to have a way to turn on some sort of confirmation for the ‘block’ option. It’s right next to the ‘start conversation’ option, that seems ill advised.

Suggestion: Get ship on grid reference from Selected Item window

Keywords: ui, chat
Note: current method to get a reference to a ship on grid (currently bugged)

A pilot in my logi wing shared the above link showing how to get a reference to a ship currently on grid. I believe dragging the ship thumbnail from the Selected Item window would be a much more user friendly way of getting a reference to the selected ship.

Currently if you drag the ship thumbnail from the Selected Item window to the chat you’ll get a reference to the ship type.

Also note that the above mentioned method of getting the reference from info panel, also displays a buggy context menu.

Use custom filters.

Suggestion: The broadcast tab in the fleet window should have a filter for whose broadcasts you see. Either by role (SC/WC/FC) or by names.
Notes: UI, fleet, broadcast
Notes: Allow different squads/wings to see different broadcasts to avoid unnecessary clutter in the broadcast list and allow squad organization to be more useful.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Show the name of the person that handled a corp application in the rejection
Keywords: ui, corporation, applications
Note: Useful to know who to contact when the application gets rejected
Right now you can see the person that rejected the application in the notification feed but only their icon. So it’s hard to know who to contact when an application is rejected.

Suggestion: Fix max zoom scroll sensitivity on system map
Keywords: Scanning, system map, exploration
Note: useful to narrow down scans

When scanning down a difficult site or a ship, and you are at .5 ua radius on your probes trying to nudge them just a tiny bit, at that zoom it takes 2 minutes just to get it in your screen because when moving the map, it moves those probes 10x away from where you are focusing.
Please decrease the sensitivityity of map scrolling to be the same as the zoom level on the map.

1 Like

Suggestion: Cloaks in Electical Meta Storms should show the red outline to indicate that it cannot be activated, like modules do when you want to activate guns on player but have safeties green.
Keywords: UI, modules, activation prevention
Notes: The tiny “You cannot activate this module here” info text somewhere on the screen is not enough to point out that issue.

Suggestions: The tooltip for command bursts should have the same numeric cycle timer that modules like cynos have.
Keywords: UI, tooltips, modules, timer, numeric timer
Notes: –

Suggestion: Refer to cycle time bonus with correct terms.
Keywords: Skills, bonuses, UI

Rate of fire is cycles/second.
Cycle duration is seconds/cycle.
When you see a “bonus to rate of fire” in EVE it is wrong. They are always actually bonuses to cycle duration.
It becomes extra confusing when the bonus can be either positive or negative. Often both positive and negative are used in SAME context.

For example the skill Rocket Specialization. The description says “2% bonus per level to the rate of fire” but the attributes say “Rate Of Fire Bonus -2 %”.
The skill gives -2% cycle duration bonus.

Cycle duration bonus and rate of fire bonus would have completely different results.
-50% cycle duration is same as +100% rate of fire.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Possiblity to lock items
Keywords: ui, inventory
Note: Lock items, so that the items cannot be moved, sold, deleted.
Use case: Lock ammo or other stuff in place that e.g. shouldn’t be sold or get lost in any other way.

1 Like