Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Sometime this summer my traffic to/from my clients caused major issues for other apps on my system and the 2 Ruku TVs in the house. can you please reduce the traffic level?

Suggestion: Event:The community’s goal is to rebuild stations throughout Eden
Keywords:community,gameplay,design,event
Note:
Any capsuler can contribute (minerals/iscs/lp) to the rebuilding of any NPC station. After gaining the necessary number of resources, the visual reconstruction of the station begins (similar Jita) and after completion, the capsulers receive a thank you from the station owner depending on their contribution. For example, the logo of the corporation (the owner of the station) on their ships(in addition to skins and winstars)

SUGGESTION: Additional camera offset option
KEYWORDS: Settings, Display & Graphics, QoL, IDK?

NOTE: Teeny tiny request but In the settings there is an option to offset the camera position towards the left or right of the screen. Please, please, please could we also have the option to move it up and down along a vertical axis?

It’s the last teeny tiny adjustment I need to finally perfect my screen setup and window arrangements!

Suggestion: The second set of implants in clones
Keywords: gameplay,clones,implants
Note: Allow the installation of a second set of implants in a clone with a high cost of installation and the impossibility of removal.

Not a little thing due to balance considerations of additional bonuses from more implant slots. Please create a separate thread to allow player discussion of this idea.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Show Calculated Skill Finish Time for each Skill in Que
Keywords: UI, Skills
Note: Show the calculated time a skill would finish in que. So that you hover over a skill that is qued and a Tooltip tells you it finishes on 23.06.2021 14:36:05 for example. Right now you can only see that for the complete que and not for single skills within the que.

1 Like

That is available in game. I’ll give you an example of what is in my Alts Queue.

Energy Grid Upgrades V 7D 12H 55m
Evasive Maneuvering II 1h 17 m
High Speed Maneuvering II 3h 14m
Evasive Maneuvering III 7h 19m

Now, hovering over the Start/Pause button, yes gives the total Queue finishing up on 2021.03.20

If you go up though, and look at the individual Skill in the skill sheet list, like Evasive Maneuvering. It shows training to level III and will take a total of 8d 44m

High speed Man. shows 7d 14h

read my text again, slowly.
Actually I gonna help you by showing a picture where I expect to have a Tool tip tell me when it finishes in the dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss format:

look in the skill sheet… above that where you see all the skills, ITS LISTED THERE. how long it takes in days to train each individual skill when you hover over that tooltip.

He wants to know the time/date when it will finish, not how long it takes.

2 Likes

dude, I want the date, read my text, I have eyes and I can also calculate the date if I wanted to but I rather just have the game do that for me.

Either increase the number of possible saved fits or at least please give us a button to delete all fits at once (I saw a post with a CCP dev saying she would “see what we can do” about this from 2016) and ideally a copy/paste option the same as the market quickbar. Unless I’m missing something I have to go through 250 fits manually right-clicking delete if I want to make space for more…

I’m already up to the 250 fit limit and I don’t even fly any ships bigger than a cruiser!

EDIT: FYI for anyone reading there is an option in pyfa to delete all fits via the ESI. I will manage my fits through pyfa from now on but the delete function has been cery temperamental so far - only managed to delete 120 the remaining 130 seem to be stuck. It would be nice to have this implemented in-game.

Just as a good enough for now, this tooltip you want exists in the info window of the skill.

1 Like

Suggestion: Automatic item splitting

Keywords: ui, contracts, item management, item splitting

Note: Useful for handling stuff without manually splitting.

Currently I need to split exact amount of materials before I can fulfill a contract.

In my case, I want to create multiple exchange contract templates for PI, which I can then fulfill immediately without having to split the materials each time appropriately, and the user then gets the previously defined quantity.

Also it does not work when copying the contract once I have provided the quantity in a contract itself. To make more contracts I have to split exactly the same quantity again. This is very cumbersome.
So I would like a function like the multiple buy, where I enter the quantities by copy/paste and the items / materials are then given appropriately. Or that the contract copies and the exchange contracts themselves subtract the required amount from the stock.

Just to understand, every other day I always have to prepare the exact same amount several times from my central stock to my alts and corp friends, so I can refill PI production planets.

Suggestion: Option for chat to only take focus when a hot key is pressed.
Keywords: ui, chat, keyboard, focus, hotkey
Note: Please add an option to make the chat window work like it does in most other MMOs. ie it NEVER has keyboard focus unless a hotkey (usually ENTER, but this could be user-defined) is pressed first to “enter chat mode.”
I don’t talk much and I like being able to freely bind single-key hotkeys (without a Ctrl, Alt, or Shift modifier). Hotkeys like this don’t work if the chat window happens to have the focus and it always seems to have it when I don’t want it to then my hotkeys don’t work.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Icon overlay for Saved Locations.
Keywords: ui, overview, overlay, icon
Note: Like the new(?) overlay for your home station, but different. For any locations saved to your personal locations.

1 Like

Actually, they do exist in game. They come from a variable in the database called wormholeClassID which then can be mapped to the class of system (this also includes HS, LS, NS, Triglavian, Drifter, and Thera classes).

i.e.
7 = HS
8 = LS
9 = NS
25 = Triglavian
0 - 7, 11 - 19 are wormhole classes

You are correct about some things though. A lot of wormhole information isn’t available in game or exported data (like statics).

No it doesn’t

Suggestion: Ewar icons shown for targeted ships

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 11.56.37 pm

A picture is a thousand words (or more bytes anyway). But I think that image explains everything about what I would like, the ewar icons on the targeted ship, so I know quicker who to shoot. And yes, I know they appear in the overview, but if you have ever used tags in fleets they appear in the overview and on the targeted ship as well. So why not this too?

3 Likes

Suggestion: A Navigation History window.
Keywords: ui, log, navigation, exploration, history
Note: A window that shows a complete navigation log (date/time, start location, target location) of every jump, warp, dock, undock, etc for at least a few months, if not indefinitely.