Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Button to remove valuable items from reprocessing window
Keywords: Reprocessing, modules, minerals
Notes: In the reprocessing window any item for which the reprocessed value is lower then the value of the item gets a yellow ! on it. It would be useful to have a button (next to the cancel one) that would remove all these items.

2 Likes

Suggestion: When a player docks in a station, logoff timers should be cleared.
Keywords: timers, logoff
Note: There is no need for a logoff timer when a player is docked safely.

This is a QoL update to filamenting - nobody likes going AFK for 15 minutes because you yeeted to Outer Ring again, particularly if you’re in a fleet.

1 Like

I know this is not the place for discussion, but I don’t think filamenting needs to be even easier than it is now. Filamenting to high sec through Pochven is already easy, with the only drawback the time it takes. It’s going to take almost no time with your ‘QoL buff’. Maybe make a suggestion thread where we can discuss it?

2 Likes

Suggestion : add to projext discovery visible borders, fix in project discovery moving a point
keywords : project discovery
Note : when you are pinpointing nodes it is hard to see the border of the clickable area so you can lose your pinpointing several times in a row
Note2 : when you are dragging a point you it can lose your control of a point, so it will go to preveivous location or get location that is even worse, or point will be allowed to move only in wrong directions/will be moved halfway and dropped/ etc with moving

Seconding Gerard that a discussion thread would be appropriate; this is not a simple ‘QoL’ improvement, as it impacts game balance in ways you probably are mot considering.

1 Like

Suggestion: Option in Solar System map to lock/unlock camera rotation (and maybe panning too?).
Keywords: ui, map, mouse, camera
Notes: When probe scanning, LMB is the button used for both moving the probe location, and the button used to rotate the camera; I almost NEVER want to rotate the camera when I’m scanning anomolies. It would be nice to have an option to disable camera-rotation once I have it axis-aligned-ish. Disabling panning wouldn’t be as useful for me, but maybe someone else?

1 Like

Suggestion: In Agency → Tutorial, add option to view a list of starting systems where tutorial can be started
Keywords: tutorial, new player experience
Note:
Right now if you are not in a starting system, the Tutorial “Activate” button is disabled, and instead says “Tutorial cannot be activated outside of the starting solar systems.” But where to go if I didn’t bookmark it?

2 Likes

I thought tutorial can only be done once. You might be looking for career agents

If you have not done it previously…

Suggestion: Option to Not Accept Fleet Boss
Keywords: Fleet, UI,
Note: Prevents fleet members from becoming fleet “boss”

Explanation - option to not accept fleet boss or give fleet boss, or auto disband when boss leaves.

This change has way too much potential for abuse.

Suggestion: Ability to search for items in your delivery hanger through personal assets screen.
Keywords: ui, delivery hanger, personal assets
Note: Useful for finding things that someone delivered to you and you forgot about.

It would be really useful if we could somehow search our delivery hangers for items and also enable us to see the contents of them through the personal assets screen. If people deliver items to me I often forget about them unless I am on hand to move them out which I am often not as I could be on a fleet or exploring in a WH or anywhere in this great sandbox.

P.S. hope I got the format right.

1 Like

Suggestion: Remove the cloak hardening timer in areas of space where the mobile observatory cannot be anchored (j-space, Pochven, and high sec).
Keywords: UI/UX, Timers
Note: If there is no structure ever planned to work in wormholes that can remotely decloak players, I don’t see a need to be informed of a cloak hardening timer in those areas of the game.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Remove the cloak hardening timer when the ship is not cloaked
Keywords: UI/UX, Timers
Note: There is no point in showing the cloak hardening timer after the ship decloaked, as it will be refreshed anyway when the ship recloaks.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Add update fit button for ghost-fitting
Keywords: UI/UX, Fitting
Note: Button should update currently opened fitting

Expected location

Suggestion: A new version of EVE UI Tips and Tricks
Keywords: UI, NPE, VPE
Note: a video made in spare time that had an awesome informative content :heart:. A newer version would deserve even more to be pinned in the New Citizens Q&A section of these forums

1 Like

Suggestion: Be able to share all contracts created by one player in a single link

Keywords: Market, contracts

Notes: Currently if i want to email my corps trade mailing list, or if I want to link contracts i’ve created in a chat channel I need to do then one at a time. However my Omega characters can create 21 contracts in total. It would be handy to be able to go into My Contracts > Dispaly outsnading contracts and from there either copy, or generate and copy a link that shows ALL outstanding contracts where is the owner.

Then for the person opening that link it will display within the contract search screen but just as that character as the issuer, that way all contracts from X player can be advertised via a single link.

1 Like

Moved to Player Features and Ideas - Per recommendations

this might be better suited as a suggestion in player features and Ideas, since the MTU cannot loot wrecks that are not either the owners/fleet members or abandoned.

Like an actual discussion…

1 Like

+1 for an actual discussion topic - this is a balance item that merits space for response, not a simple QoL change.

1 Like