Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: “Broadcast Jump Beacon” should be in the right-click menu of an active cyno module.
Keywords: Modules, right click menu, broadcast beacon, UI
Notes: Avoids having to sift through the hamburger menu in the fleet window.

1 Like

suggestion: “exempt from fleet payout”
keywords: UI
notes: this could be quite useful for people who are salvagers who want to warp on grid, drop an MTU and leave, there are also larger fleets where the FC’s need you to engage the rats on gate sometimes, the payout is minimal. just a thought, i hope this is small enough to be a QOL change. corps can help new bro’s by exempting themselves from payouts, etc.

Are you referring to mission payouts? Anybody on grid gets a part of the payment from rats on grid, IIRC. Though I been trying to find the page where I thought CCP changed it so the person who gets the last shot on the NPC gets the bounty.

Why the F are salvagers using a MTU and not a salvaging ship… thats the whole point of the Noctis or being able to use a Destroyer.

as far as mission running, the person who has the mission, controls who gets paid, so they could ultimately just take all the pay and split it between the newbros minus himself.

no i don’t mean mission payouts, but i suppose that would also be applicable
i’m talking about general ratting, (belt and gate rats, ratting sites)
some salvagers who might not have the skill to use a noctis might should be able to warp into a site without getting payment by flagging themselves exempt from payments
I figured it would be cool to copy the flag exempt from fleet warp to flag exempt from payments.

some people might drop an mtu and come back in a salvage ship after, some people might have a salvage alt to save time, it boils down to the individual player

sometimes people fly in fleets and don’t care about the isk, there are times its more about the people or when a corp is helping a new player out.

or perhaps make it so that when you join a fleet you now have to “opt in” and it shows you in the fleet tab (where you broadcast for reps and such) that a person has opted in. this way it stops trolls from flying into ships in Stealth bombers and leeching off peoples kills.

sometims you just want to help a bro out and not worry about the isk.

Suggestion: Ability to drag a ship fit into the search bar to select that fit items from hanger.

Keywords: ui, filtering, selection
Note: Then I could contract the items, haul them or trade them to another player for example.
(In case where multifit can’t be used due to missing hull or I don’t want to deal with assembled ships)

1 Like

it’s been forty years… ccplease

Suggestion: have the agents that only give one mission per day (R&D for example) reset during DT
Keywords: R&D, agent, daily mission reset
Notes: Currently I have research with 4 agents. With the travel I need about 30 minutes to do all of their quests. 3 of those agents did reset within 15-19 hours after the mission was completed, but the 4th one didn’t reset at all. This has happened to me several times by now. Can we please have everything that should be available once in every 24 hours reset during DT? That would help making schedules much easier.

Suggestion: Wars with kills should have a brighter Crossed Sword icon in the War History tab.
Keywords: UI, wars, war report, war history, icon
Notes: This would make it easier to see which wars show some activity when you have to look through dozens of ongoing wars from certain groups.

Suggestion: Add to way to see all the ship in a skin group and see which one we have and which one we do not have.
Keywords: UI, Skins, Ships
Notes: I am doing my dailies for the Project Discovery.
Each time I get a level I get a package with some skins.
And each time I am wondering which one I have and which one I don’t.

At the moment the only way for me to know which of those skins I have unlocked is to:

• Try to activate the skin and maybe fail.
  • Going through every ship and looking at their skin list.
  • Clicking on the skin, click on the ship and check its skin list.

It would be nice to be able to see a popup/list of all the ships in a skin group and indicate if we have it or not.
That would also give us a way to quickly see how the skin applies to each ship.
Like a table
| Ship icon | Ship name | locked/unlocked | Estimated market price |

You could also put a marker on the skin item in the inventory (the one we use to unlock the skin) to show that we already own it.
Like a green check mark in the bottom right corner of the skin icon.

If you open your character window, there is a tab for the skins. There you should be able every skin that exists in the game, you can also preview them from that list.
I do agree about marking the skins that you have already collected as items you can’t use in the inventory, these are permanent changes to the character so tracking them could be easier.

1 Like

@Ideki As mentioned Above, i’ll refer you to these two images.

This image is just to show you the toggle for selecting SKINs you do or don’t own… or all the SKINs.

1 Like

Yes, but you get them by ship.
Not by skin group (ex: Exoplanet hunter, Biosecurity…)
I would like to click on Biosecurity and see all the ships that have that skin, and which ship-skin I have unlocked.

thats what my screen shot shows…
I specifically picked Caldari Industrial Livery SKIN group to show that I only have 3 out of 13 SKINs for that particular SKIN motif, I don’t fly other industrials under that particular skin group, so I only have 3 Active.

My screenshots show what you want.

1 Like

Why are smartbombs called smartbombs? They aren’t smart at all! They hit everything regardless of anything.

This thread is not the right place for that.

But, if you want to know: what do you think happens if a bomb explodes on a ship? The ship is severely damaged and everything around it might be damaged as well.

Then why is it called a ‘smart’ bomb? Because it hits everything except your own ship. That’s quite unusual for explosions.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Display per-skill attributes on hover dialog/popover for an individual skill (not the skill “category”)

Keywords: ui, skill, skillsheet, charactersheet
Note: Better for players that don’t know that the attributes for individual skills may be different from the “theme” of a category.

For example, if you hover over the Neural Enhancement category in the skill sheet, it shows “Intelligence/Memory”, however, all of the Informorph (clone jump) skills are Charisma/Willpower, but when you hover over them (even prior to the new Skill UI), you don’t get that information and must know to Show Info on them. This applies to nearly every category (Planet Management, Subsystems, Navigation, etc.)

An alternative implementation, would be to remove the attributes from the category overlay entirely since they can be more misleading and stop players from drilling into the individual skills.

3 Likes

CCP is actively moving away from tying actions to downtime, as eventually they would like daily downtime to be a thing of the past.

What would be better for this would be to have a visible cooldown timer that is consistently triggered by completion of a mission, with a clear time-to-next-mission logic that is consistent (it can be variable, but using logic to do so - such as higher standings with the agent/corp/faction reducing cooldown speed, or skills doing the same, etc., all modifying from a base value).

4 Likes

Suggestion: In the contract window you should also see how many contracts were filtered out.
Keywords: UI, contract window, contracts, ignored contracts, filtered contracts
Notes: The line “Found XXX contracts” under the search results shows all contracts available, regardless of filters. Depending on how much you filter with “GtG routes only” and “Exclude ignored issuers”, this number is usually higher than what you actually see in the search results. While the Rewards, Volume and Collateral filter actually remove results also from that text line, the filters below the search results do not. It would be good to know how much is actually ignored.

Suggestion: Make it possible to deselect all drones in Fitting Window simulation via double clicking them.
Keywords: UI, fitting window, fitting simulation, drones, active drones
Notes: Currently if you want to quickly deselect all drones in the Active Drones, you have to double click the the first drone to deselect. This does not deselect this first drone, though, which requires another click to deselect. You should be able to double click the field area of this drone group to select/deselect all drones of this type via double click to save unnecessary clicks.

1 Like

Suggestion: Make it easier to tell mining crystals apart
Keywords: Mining, UI
Notes: I find it hard to tell some of the mining crystals apart. For example in high sec the colours of the Veldspar and Pyroxeres are both yellowish and the Scordite and Plagioclase are blueish. Not always obvious to me which I have, and I then need to check the tooltip. A little more colour could be added, I did a really bad example of it below, but you get the idea, just adding another band of colour would make life easier.

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 8.58.56 pm

5 Likes