Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: A Block List for chats specifically.
Keywords: UI, chats, chat invites, mass invites
Notes: I keep getting invited in hypernet spam chats by random people just because I am in certain systems (repeatedly even if I didn’t accept after the first invite). Instead of laboriously blocking these people, which is of course futile, I want the game to prevent them from inviting me in the first place.

Additional note: No, the “Auto Reject Invitations” is not a solution because I want to take private convos and I want to be invited into chats that I find useful, nor is the CSPA a solution because as a moderator of a big public chat it deters people from contacting me about issues. So, you know who, don’t even try to point me to these “solutions”.

3 Likes

I like this idea.

Suggestion: it would be nice to have bookmarks directly in the overview as objects.
Keywords: ui, bookmarks, overview.
Note: it can be more convinient than current locations window.

Right now i simply merge locations window with overview and use hotkeys. One hotkey to open locations window >> warp/approach via radial menu >> another hotkey to close current window. Very convinient and much faster than RMB menu but bookmarks directly in the overview can be nice.

3 Likes

Suggestion: ability to share hotkeys and windows settings between characters/accounts.
Keywords: ui, hotkeys, windows layout.
Note: it can be done currently via a loooot of copy-pasting between settings files but do it exactly like we do it with overview settings can be nice.

1 Like

Suggestion: Ability to use keyboard shortcuts on bookmarks in saved locations window
Keywords: ui, navigation
Note: QOL to saved locations window

It would be great if keyboard shortcuts like ‘warp to’ and ‘align to’ work with the saved location window. In an emergency situation when you have to spam say warp out to some location you wouldn’t have to deal with a popup menu.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Separate overview column customization per overview tab.
Keywords: ui, overview, column
Note: Allow us set on a per overview tab basis the columns displayed as well as the order of the information displayed.
So for PVP vs. industry vs. travel the relevant info can be displayed

Suggestion: Ungroup tether ambience from ships in space at a player built structure and only have local ship tether playing
Keywords: audio, tether, advanced audio
Note: Remove tether sound layering from all structures. The ambient layering of the tethering a whole fleet of ships if ambience is enabled at a normal level will stack the tethering sound of the fleet and cause discomfort.

Use the windows command prompt “copy” command.

Have a “master” toon and set the batch up to replace all the other toons.

No, it works other way. You need to replace content of some files, and every each of them has its own unique name referred to your character id.

Suggestion: Remotely accept ordinary agent missions, finally
Keywords: Missions, agents
Note: I’m sure that back in 2011 just flying back and forth between gates was mind-blowingly exciting, but 10 years later the player base has grown a lot more jaded to the point where forgetting to accept the mission before going to the target system and having to go back is a lot less fun than it used to be.

1 Like

Did I make a typo?

Suggestion: A unique color blink for chat tabs when one’s character is mentioned.
Keywords: Chat, UI
Note: Currently, chat tabs will blink whenever someone says something, and there is a toggle switch to turn the blinking effect on or off. It would be nice if the tab would blink with a unique color (like green, purple, or blue) when one’s character’s name is dragged into the chat, to indicate someone is directly addressing that specific character’s player.

2 Likes

Depends, what you call “typo”. I use mklink instead. Made symlinks to the main profile and sleep well knowing that not only all settings are equal, but also all changes are propagated automatically. Just rmember to not make conflicting changes in different windows.

Suggestion: Ability to sell and make contracts from within containers in stations and structures
Keywords: market, contract, stations
Note: This avoids mixing stock I intend to sell with stock that is rolling in from buy orders.

Suggestion: Ability to direct all buy orders at a station or structure to deposit in a specified station container (provided space available), with a fallback of the main item hangar.
Keywords: buy orders, stations, containers
Note: Contributes to keeping incoming and outgoing stock separate.

Perhaps a whole suggestion thread around market order overhaul is in order if you have several changes for that area you think would improve the game?

Suggestion: Save default ‘orbit’ and ‘keep distance’ distances on a ship-by-ship basis rather than client-by-client.
Keywords: navigation, settings
Note: Since when would I need a different setting because I’m using my laptop rather than my desktop, while flying the same ship? By contrast, if I move from my battlecruiser to my destroyer, I definitely need to change those numbers.

1 Like

In terms of minor QoL things, I have only a couple of suggestions on markets, and one on navigation. (See above.) I guess if there was a markets thread I could contribute to that, but I found this thread and thought I’d put up the small number of niggles I have had over the past few weeks.

While there is a market section on the forums, just using the Player feature and Ideas section here, would be more beneficial.

Bookmarking a wormhole from the probe scanner creates a bookmark for the wormhole’s actual position.

Current state results in a bookmark outside of jump range, requiring probers to warp to the result each time and bookmark via overview or in-space-right-click to make a PVP-useful warp in.