Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Show the sensor overlay for bookmarks and signatures when in control of an Upwell structure
Keywords: UI, structure, bookmark, signature
Note: Useful if coordinating warp-ins during a fight on the structure while in control of it and keeping an eye on the signatures without undocking

1 Like

Suggestion: Include the possibility to make the ship tree floating like every other window
Keyword: UI, ship tree
Note: If you have other menus on your monitor you need to minimize them all to see the full ship tree

1 Like

Suggestion: Increase the customization of the game menus allowing for the merging with the Eve Universe.
Keywords: UI, transparency, text, menu, border, customization
Note: Having less square boxes on the monitor would increase game immersion

The things that come to mind I would like to be able to modify are: text alignment; columns order; icon positioning and size (in the probe or directional scanner, selected item, station services);
background and border transparency (to also eliminate the background completely); font size different for every window (not only customizable in the chat window);
positioning of every area of a window (aligning the member list in chat on the left side, last message at the top); moving icons in the radial menu.
If you would give the opportunity to customize the menus similarly to the Overview tabs titles (I know, just color and tab font size) I would probably rewrite every single menu until I find the option I like.

1 Like

Suggestion: Increase the options for local chat
Keyword: UI, local, chat
Note: Sorting and filters for local chat members, blocking messages from particular characters, messages when changing systems with system name, closing local chat definitely,

Sorting and filtering could be useful to watch for war targets, suspects or criminals, allies, how many people of the same corp, how many people with a certain standing.
Blocking the ability to see messages from selected characters will finally end the cluttering of local chat from scammers and spammers in trade hubs.
If someone posts a scam contract and you’re smart enough to see it you can just block it.
If someone continues to post a 40 row message in chat and it annoys me I can block him and it won’t bother me anymore
Having a track of where I’ve been and when would be useful. There isn’t always the need to have local chat open or even minimized, an option to close it to not having it pop up every log in would be nice.

6 Likes

Suggestion: Make a tree like the ship tree for other things
Keyword: Tree, module, ammo, item
Note: Scrolling through the market and clicking from window to window can be changed

Having other trees that explains the relations between items is more intuitive than tabs and menus.
Having a check list of things in game is more appealing to have spreadsheets on your PC (that you would need anyway if you want to be proficient in producing stuff)
A tree for planetary resources to plan production or just help players that wonder where the planetary materials come from.
A tree for modules to understand how can you manufacture or find T1, T2, faction, deadspace, officer items. Not a tep by step guide but a general idea
A tree for item production, for example how to build a T2 ship, with the approximate description of where you can find everything you would need (BPOs, BPCs, minerals from ores, T2 components from moons, planetary materials from Planetary interaction, etc…)
The complexity of the game is daunting and helping understanding it without relying on player-made guides would help new players.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Targeting using the shortcut plus dragging the cursor over the targets (to form a window) to select multiple targets tied to the overview settings
Keyword: UI, targeting, overview
Note: Useful when targeting enemies ships or drones near other items, or wanting to select specific items (all drones of the enemy)

Trying to select 5 drones around a ship near friendly drones and ships is not possible just dragging the cursor in space while holding the target shortcut. Now you will target the ship, enemy drones, friendly drones and whichever got lock first is what you have.
But if you can filter what you can select with this shortcut you would just need to have an overview tab for the stuff you want and then drag on the whole area in space to get it selected.
The following:

Asteroids are not on the overview but are still targeted

5 Likes

Suggestion: Independent sort and scroll settings for the Overview tabs
Keywords: ui, Overview, sort, scroll
Note: Useful if you require different sort and/or scroll settings for the Overview tabs

When I’m switching between Overview tabs and I require different sort and/or scroll settings for the different tabs, it would be very useful to be able to have independent sort and scroll settings for each tab so I don’t have to constantly change the settings every time I switch tabs.

Additional: I really like Eve Online but there are a few issues with how things work that really irritate me and make my game play experience significantly worse (more tedious). The biggest issue for me is when I am using the Overview and switch between tabs. For instance, if I am mining and I am using the General tab (sorted by Distance…low to high) and then decide to switch over to the Mining tab (and sort by Type so that I can find a specific type of asteroid to mine), when I switch back to the General tab the sorting has changed in the General tab from Distance to Type as well. I then have to re-sort the General tab because I want the General tab left sorted by Distance. And if I happen to scroll down while on the Mining tab (which I usually do), when I switch back to the General tab, the scrolling has also been applied there, so I have to scroll back up because I want the General tab left scrolled at the top (so I can see anything that has warped into the area). Having to do these two extra steps every time I switch tabs is just ridiculous. It makes keeping track of other players and rats jumping into the system near me more difficult. The tabs should keep their own sort and scroll settings or there should be an option to allow this. Does anyone else have these issues? I really think this would be a qualify of life improvement. Thx

3 Likes

Suggestion: Ability to drag/drop from the trade window to your hanger
Keywords: ui, market
Note: Habit of wanting to drag items from the market to my hanger and things happening but their not.

Please make it so that when you drag an item from the market window to your hanger the buy option pops up.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Remove unused options from the right-click menu and group them under “other”.

Keywords: UI, usability, right click menu, QOL

Note: Options used “once a year” clutter the right-click menu, increasing the time and mental energy needed to find the options used frequently. Since that menu is accessed hundreds or thousands of times per play session per player, this adds up, increasing the chance of mistakes and the sensation of clunkiness.
Examples include “capture portrait”, “place bounty”, “block”, “invite to… (chat channel)”, “send corporation invitation”, “report isk spammer”. They all could be easily put into sub-menus (SOCIAL, CORPORATION, FLEET,…) or simply grouped under “OTHER”.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Allow multiple clones to be installed in a single structure.
Keywords: Jumpclones, clones, citadels, stations
Note: Quality of life improvement.

The current model of only allowing one clone to be installed in a structure is dated and may contribute to structure spam. Most groups basing out of citadels or conquerable stations tend to have multiple citadels/industrial complexs/mining platforms deployed in the same system. Many of these are used very little beyond housing additional clones for the pilots and it is very possible for a single person to have several clones to serve several purposes or fit into several different fleet compositions located in their deployment system.

The process of juggling between those available clones is needlessly complicated. Why bounce between structures, leave your travel interceptor, swap clones, get back in your travel interceptor, bounce back to where your vessels are cached, and then swap ships when the process could be streamlined? Maybe before the mass proliferation of citadels and such the current system would have made sense but now it seems pointless and laborious.

8 Likes

Suggestion: Increase allowed number of personal saved ship fittings
Keywords: Ship fittings, saved cap, QOL
Note: With the number of vessels currently in the game it is easy to hit the 250 fitting cap

As a person who likes to theorycraft solo, small gang, fleet and other random uses for vessels both popular and underutilized it is way too easy to reach the 250 cap that is placed on saved ship fittings. With the diversity of roles that T3 cruisers can fill they can alone eat up 20 or 30 saved fitting slots quite quickly if you let them. Please make it where we won’t have to sacrifice one saved fitting to make a new one.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Change the advertised Project Discovery rewards to represent the rewards actually being given
Keywords: Project Discovery, Industry
Note: When viewed in the Project Discovery rewards tab, the blueprints for the Pacifier and the Enforcer are incorrectly displayed

In the in-game rewards list for Project Discovery, the blueprint rewards for the Pacifier and Enforcer are shown to be originals with infinite runs; however, when these rewards are earned the player is given a copy with only one run. I think the advertised reward should be changed to reflect the reward actually being issued, or the issued reward should be changed to reflect the one that has been advertised. Either way, the problem will be solved.

2 Likes

Sugestion: Make it possible to view and copy to clipboard hourly changes in the Mining Ledger.
Keywords: UI, Mining Ledger
Note: Useful for large scale mining operations.

If we were able to see what a given player mined on a single day from hour X to hour Y Eve Time, it would be very useful in large scale mining operations. FCs could organize payouts based on exact mined ore amounts. While we could take the ledger state at the beginning and then at the end - some people could try to scam the system preparing a copy ahead of time.

1 Like

Suggestion: add corporation anom/belt mining ledger
Keywords: mining, ledger, api, esi, ui
Note: would be great to not have to write external web applications to do corporate taxation on mining activity.

1 Like

This goes beyond single QoL adjustments. A change like this could shift balances. For example, one clone with expensive (PvP) implants got podded, and the next one is ready right at the staging point.

1 Like

Might also be an idea to add a ledger to some ships (orca/porpoise) so you can easily take ore aboard from guest miners receiving boosts (so you can return it to them after a session).

1 Like

Suggestion: Make “broadcast radial menu” a standalone hotkey which doesn’t require the main radial menu hotkey to be pressed. Or add such option/toggle/whatever.
Keywords: broadcast radial menu, radial menu, hotkey, separate
Note: Some (many) people have mice with > 3 buttons.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Manufacturing input materials - Total Stockpile
Keywords: Maunfacturing, Industry, UI, Resource Management
Note: At a glance management of total industry materials in hanger

At the moment, when manufacturing from blueprints we have a view showing total required materials or total missing materials. I propose a new option that allows us to see the total materials in our stockpile (in the current station hanger), so we can gauge at a glance how many resources multiple BP runs will use, how many will be left, etc. This will be useful in allocating say 50% of materials to major projects then further dividing up what remains into side projects, let alone the general management of materials.

1 Like

Suggestion: Clientside mute of the probe scanning solarsystem view ambient noise
Keywords: ui, sound, client
Note: The probe-scanning interface makes a lound humming ambient noise whenever it is in focus, I would like to be able to mute this sound specifically.

3 Likes

Suggestion: User-configurable default locations for industry job inputs and outputs
Keywords: ui, industry
Note: Having to select “Item hangar” by hand twice for every blueprint is annoying

I’ve got a ton of BPOs and BPCs that I sort into containers for organizational purposes (and to help deal with the item limit in a hangar). If I use a blueprint while it’s in a can, the industry window ~always~ defaults to trying to source input mats and deliver the output to the can that the BP is located in. I have to go to the right side and click two fiddly dropdown menus (and then scroll the resulting menu up to get to the top, which for some reason glitches half the time and changes the build quantity field instead of scrolling the menu, but that’s another issue) to have the system look for inputs in my hangar and/or deliver the job to the hangar. An ability to select a default input/output location for the industry window would be dope.

3 Likes