Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Hotkey to open the Watch List window manually.
Keywords: UI, fleet, watch list, hotkeys
Note: It would be nice to open this window with a hotkey and be able to drag people into the window instead of having to right-click a char and add it to the watch list to create it.

7 Likes

Suggestion: Add “Add members to watchlist” option for the whole fleet
Keywords: UI, fleet, watchlist
Note: Now that The Watch List cap has been increased logis want to add everyone, but filling the Watch List can be a pain especially if your fleet has several squads. This suggestion is to add to “fleet” and “wing” the “Add members to watchlist” option that is currently only available for “squad”

6 Likes

Suggestion: Add a “Close all unlocked windows” Keyboard Shortcut
Keywords: UI, windows
Note: Most players set up UI fixed elements like chats, drones, anomalies windows and so on, and on top of those open temporary windows like inventory, fitting, agency, etc. The proposed keybind would allow users to set up as “locked” their base UI, while allowing to close all the extras with a single button. At the moment we only have one that closes everything (including all the chats, which must then be rejoined one by one).

2 Likes

Suggestion: Upon zoning, put focus on the Overview and real selection on the first Overview element
Keywords: UI, overview
Note: While following a route, if the overview is ordered by icon, the first item in the list will always be the next waypoint, users can simply click the “Jump” button to follow the route. While this works with mouse clicking, it doesn’t work by pressing the relative “D” keyboard shortcut.
At the moment the only way to make this work only by keyboard is:

1. Use the “Set Overview Focus” shortcut, to give focus to the window
  2. Press the down arrow once, to actually select the first item as the displayed selection is fake
  3. Finally press “D”
3 Likes

Suggestion: Have “Compact Mode” reduce the spacing between lines
Keywords: UI, lists
Note: “Compact Mode” is currently only reducing UI borders, but what most players really seem to want from it is to increase information density, especially when it comes to lists which have huge lines spacing between rows. This is particularly noticeable with the increased Watch List size, which can now fill the whole screen height and still have a scrollbar

3 Likes

Suggestion: Add a Keyboard Shortcut for “Clear all Broadcast Icons”
Keywords: UI, fleet, watchlist
Note: The “Clear all Broadcast Icons” in the Watch List menu is useful and could use a Keyboard Shortcut

3 Likes

Suggestion: Add a “Always show my own broadcasts” option in the “Broadcast Settings”
Keywords: UI, fleet, broadcast
Note: As a DPS in fleets I usually want to keep my broadcast window free of all the shield/armor/cap spam, but would also want to make sure that my own went through. The proposed option would allow to hide unwanted messages while still providing feedback that own broadcasts were sent to the fleet

2 Likes

Suggestion: Make compressed ore automatically stack if already present in the inventory
Keywords: cargo, items, mining
Note: When compressing ore the result of the compression currently generates its own stack, which constantly requires the additional action of “Stack all” to keep the cargo hold uncluttered

2 Likes

Suggestion: Queue up Log Off on session timer, like Undock
Keywords: UI, timers
Note: Currently the Log Off action fails with an error if performed during session timer, the Undock action instead gets queued and executed at the end of the timer. The proposal is to have Log Off behave as the Undock. The proposal can be extended to all actions affected by the Session Timer, such as ship change or fleet join/leave

Suggestion: Add Watch List colors to drone “Assign” menu
Keywords: UI, watchlist, drones

Suggestion: Add a Certifications tab to the Character Sheet
Keywords: UI, Certifications
Note: I cannot find anywhere a list of che Certifications I currently have, the tooltip on Skill Groups only shows the number of Certifications acquired, and the only way I’ve found to reach them is from a ship’s Mastery.
Possibly Allow using a Certification as a Skill Plan milestone

2 Likes

Suggestion: Option for moving all PI extractors at once
Keywords: UI, PI
Note: Players usually arrange their PI extractors in known configurations, the proposals is about adding a on/off button to lock the extractors relative position and move them all at once

3 Likes

Suggestion: QOL notification when you’re inside a bubble
Keywords: UI, Combat, Warp Disruption Bubble
Note: There should be a QOL notification when you’re inside a warp bubble. It will be easier for us who are inside the bubble to know we’re inside the bubble.
It’s very useful when you’re in super potato mode or you’re too disoriented with a lot of things happening in a fleet battle.

EDIT: Spelling

3 Likes

Suggestion: Industrial Core remaining cycle counter
Keywords: UI, Mining, Industrial Core
Note: Mining Foreman Burst modules provide a remaining cycle/charge count. A remaining counter for the usage of heavy water with industrial cores would be useful to avoid having the tank run dry suddenly. It is skilling-/ship-dependent which would necessitate computation/simulation, and may make the implementation non-trivial. It would be valuable to dedicate fleet boosters (and their boost recipients).

2 Likes

Suggestion: Signatures that have been scanned down and bookmarked should also appear green in the probe scanner and be “warpable” for everyone that can access that shared bookmark folder.
Keywords: Quality of Life, Scanning, Exploration, wormhole space, bookmarks
Note: This would be such a wonderful quality of life improvement since it makes it so much easier to see a new signature pop up and if two friends are scanning it would be even better if they could green light signatures one by one instantly. This would be especially good for new players.

How it looks now for a player looking at signatures that might have already been scanned and bookmarked in the probe scanner.

How it should look for everyone sharing the bookmarks of already scanned signatures:

5 Likes

grafik

Suggestion: This notification should be more granular and say “Low Sec space” for low sec, and “Null sec space” for null security space.
Keywords: UI, notifications, security level change, system jump
Notes: Just increase awareness for the different sub 0.4 security space differences as null sec has different rules than low sec.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Implement the ability to view sales/price history of public Contracts (exclude private contracts)
Keyword: Contracts, Markets
Note: Public contracts are public information. So just like there is a price history in the Market Browser of any item, there should also be a price history on an item in contracts so you can see how the prices fluctuate over time or if there is any demand for the item. This is especially important if you view an item that is sold out in contracts because it is then very hard to determine it’s price if you don’t know the price history.

3 Likes

Suggestion: When viewing a structure. There should be more clarity as to what services you have available to you.
Keywords: Structures, New players
Note: I hear this question for new players all the time. Am I allowed to dock here? Does it have manufacturing that I can use? Is it public? only for corp? or for entire alliance?

This service overview says very little about the details of what is offered. It would be very useful for new players if it just had a bit of added text like this that makes it more clear what is on offer and to whom:

5 Likes

Feature request: Inventory column persistence. Yes, I don’t remember what costs what and I use list view. Every time I open a crate or inventory it resets back to defaults.
This way everyone is forced to use icons and list would never get fixed

Please read the OP for how to post in here.