Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Ability/Checkbox to filter out drone damage from messages
Keywords: ui, messages, drones
Note: Avoid being spammed by unwanted messages

I don’t care that each of my 5 Warriors IIs do ~60 damage every second. Those messages spam in constantly and overwrite my main damage messages from turrets or launchers.

Drone damage might be interesting for drone boats but it should be optional for ships where drone damage is of lesser interest.

3 Likes

For inventory filters, please change to two checkboxes - one to “include” and one to “exclude”. Thus one filter identifying something like all PI materials can also be used to exclude PI materials.

1 Like

Suggestion: Stick a link to the forums in the launcher
Keywords: launcher, forums
Note: A handy alternative to a bookmark

Tricky to explain it any further but I think a link to the forums (or community, but personally I’d rather straight to the forums) would be useful in the launcher. There’s plenty of space for another link in the left-hand bar where account management etc sits.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Improve the initial ship view in the fitting window
Keywords: ui, ux, fitting, lighting
Note: Have the initial ship view be of the top of the ship

When a ship model loads into the fitting view, the ship is seen from the bottom, which is in shadow. The top of the ship is lighted, and is more interesting to look at, so it would be better to have that as the initial view. This is also noticeable in the ghost fitting view, where the grid plane is between the user and the model. The grid plane should either be removed entirely, or at a minimum, have it be below the ship (as it would be when looking at the ship from the top).

2 Likes

Sugestion:add an option to completely disable the compass thing above the capacitor,armor,shield,structure wheel whenever I accidentally hover over it pops up the entire panel for selecting which sites to show in space or not and it can get annoying and in the way.

2 Likes

I am aware, but “buy missing items” only takes into account items in the hangar of the manufacturing facility. For many people that is useless information, as the actual job input materials reside on the hangar floor of Jita IV - 4 and are waiting to be hauled. And hauling is a significant problem.
For me personally, the job input materials reside in the hangars of a variety of stations within 3 jump range of Jita, because I use an off-shore citadel. But that’s just the same issue/solution.
(also “buy missing items” doesn’t help when you want to install 200 blueprints split across multiple types in one go)

Really karkur, I’m not just making this up. Daily I run into the kind of situation where I have 5 Trit and 5 Pyerite sitting in deep null-sec, 1 Trit and 3 Pyerite sitting in Jita, and I need to know if that’s enough to make 10 widgets before I haul. Obviously with only two materials there is no problem, but when you step it up to 40 materials it becomes a problem.

It’s not that this is actually annoying; it can be quickly solved by going out of the client. But it feels like an in-client solution is very easily achievable.

1 Like

Suggestion: view items that are inside shared containers on corporate hangar
Keywords: ui
Note:

When we are far from station and we have containers on our item hangar we can see the content on “personal assets” however if we have containers on corporate hangar we can’t check what is inside even on corporation’s menu

1 Like

Suggestion: Enable right-click “Sell this item” and “Create contract” for items that are inside containers.
Keywords: ui, ux, consistency, market

The way things are now, if you right-click on an item inside a container while docked, it’s not possible to select the option to sell the item or to create a contract that will contain the item. This is true for docked ship cargo bays, as well as standard containers. To improve consistency and increase ease-of-use, it would be great if that restriction could be lifted.

4 Likes
Suggestion: Easier method of sharing bookmarks. 
Keywords: bookmarks, sharing
Note: Perhaps Account-Wide bookmarks &/or ability to directly send all bookmarks to another character.

Copying out >7,500 bookmarks via the ‘drag 10 at a time into your hold’ method is painful and annoying. It also runs the risk of removing them from the original character’s bookmarks set instead of copying them.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Fix Advance Spaceship Command prerequisite re: freighters
Keywords: skills, training, sp
Note: Misleading “Required For” tab

All freighter hulls have two direct prerequisites - racial freighter I and advanced spaceship command I.

However, all freighter skills have a prerequisite of advanced spaceship command V.

Bothering to put ASC I as a preq for freighter hulls means that it shows under level I in the “required for” tab of ASC. In reality level V is required.

Something similar is true for Jump Freighters as the skill requires ASC IV but the hulls require freighter IV which in turn requires ASC V. Thus the actual use of the hull requires ASC V. However, unlike the T1 freighter issue this at least has some use as theoretically someone might want to train the JF skill up before they even have any freighter skills. (this is the case in some other skills but usually the T2 skill has higher reqs than the T1, whereas here the T1 is more intensive)

3 Likes

Suggestion: Structure browser should highlight the current day.
Keywords: UI, structure browser
Notes: –

1 Like

Suggestion: Allow standings/affiliation colors and filters to apply to Upwell Structures
Keywords: Overview, Structures, Standings
Note: Almost exactly how it applies to current POSes and POS modules

As it currently stands, the only filter applied to structures in the overview is whether or not you can dock at them. This means that high traffic areas like Perimeter are so utterly cluttered that I may need to soon turn my screen vertical to fit everything on there.

This also means that on a grid with multiple structures, it’s not actually clear which ones are open or closed. Aside from trying to read a name and specifically remembering a list of structures you can or can’t dock at, there is no intuitive way to understand which structures are which, without needing to open info panels or look at affiliations.

Allowing the colors to apply makes this much easier as you can set any kind of standings to specific corps/alliances and see at a glance. Allowing the filter to apply can also mean that, based on standings, you can more granular LT determine how cluttered your overview is.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Introduce Tooltip Delay
Keywords: UI, Tooltip
Notes: In reference to the Tooltip that displays when hovering the cursor over an item in a cargo bay, hangar, a module on a ship, signatures in the probe scanner, etc

Similar to the Radial Menu delay, this would ease some of the frustration that comes with Tooltip a getting in the way of interacting with other objects. This is especially apparent if the cursor passes over an item for too long and prevents you from interacting with the items covered by he Tooltip.

This also allows you to keep the Tooltip functionality for instances where you do want to use it. Quickly checking stats on a weapon, for example.

If made scaleable, the delay could also be increased to allow those who rarely use the tooltips to keep out of their way as much as possible.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Allow Asteroid icons to be displayed in space
Keywords: Overview, UI
Note:

This would mostly help with being able to better understand the disposition of asteroids in a belt.

Current best method is to try and eyeball it (even if it’s difficult to see or graphics are low) or select it from overview/survey scanner and keep clicking back and forth between different asteroids.

This would definitely help if you’re trying to coordinate how to move mining ops around a belt without having to resort to odd guessing or sending someone there to see the distance.

1 Like

Proposal: allow the grouping of multiple modules such as damps or salvagers.
Keywords: UI
Notes: This would make it easier to use multiple modules at the same time reducing the amount of time spent loading scripts into scriptable modules or when salvaging wrecks.

3 Likes

Improved:
Suggestion: Blank rounds/charges
Keywords: weapons, ammo
Notes: Simple enough, do no damage, don’t count as firing a weapon, but instead return ‘hit’ or ‘miss’ to the pilot and target. Potentially usable by corporations to do mock battles or teach PvP cheaply. Kinda like paintball - does no real damage, but you know if you got hit or not. If you wanted to make said feature really useful you could also implement a damage tracker from blank rounds (since they don’t do damage, it’d be nice to know how much damage you would have taken or dished out if you were not using said blanks.) and make blank rounds be made from normal charges.

Difference between this and last iteration is that here it would be a possibility to track damage. This edition would be much more widely applicable.

Blanks would have reduced reload time to swap ammo types.

7 Likes

Suggestion: Probe position reset button
Keywords: probes, scanning
Notes: It’s possible to grab the probe group from the top in such a way that probes can be dragged out of visible range. Adding a button that would reset the probes to the center of the system would fix this. It’s not possible to fix this problem and recover your probes to a useful location without restarting the client.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Add folders to ship hanger
Keywords: ui, hanger
Note: Basic organisation of ship hanger

I have a lot of ships, and it can get really confusing which ship is fit with what. Please give us folders to sort this stuff ourselves.

Suggestion: Drag drone group to F keys
Keywords: UI, Drones
Note: Drag drone group to F keys to launch that group of drones.

Suggestion: Split warp to hotkey into Warp To 0 and Warp To [Set distance]
Keywords: UI, Hotkeys
Note:

So many times I wish I could set default warp to distance to two seperate values.I will always need to warp to 0 at some point, and I will likely want to warp to 50km very quickly after. Setting default to 50 is useless since then I have no way to warp to 0 except through much right clicking.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Bring back the old watchlist functionality
Keywords: pvp, hunting, content
Note: Its not only friends that are content.

3 Likes

Moon Mining Crystals

Could you please differentiate moon crystal colours so it is easier to determine which ones you have loaded. This is a small quality of life which would make mining a little easier

1 Like