Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Please make it possible to swap fighters between the tubes and bay without needing to unload first. Make it take the same amount of time as unloading+loading. Nothing worse than going into a fight with a full bay of fighters, only to find that the circumstances dictate you need to swap your fighters, with no room to unload the ones already in the tube.

It’s not hard to leave enough room in your bay to unload a tube, which means there really isn’t any skill required to mitigate the problem, just experience.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Increased variability in windowed-resolution resizes
Notes: E.g., for 1920x1080, smaller than 1026x732

Suggestion: Fixing F10 to being functional for hotkeying

Suggestion: An option of hotkeying clearing hotkeys

Suggestion: An option of exporting hotkeys

Suggestion: Log and Messages wordwrapping

Suggestion: An option for only showing local’s susp/crim for every other flashing
Notes: Helpful for militias, etc.

Suggestion: In Overview Setting: Tab Presets: Types (which is for filtering ships, etc.), multiple-selection through modifiers (ctrl / shift)
Notes: https://i.imgur.com/GSbUnv1.png

Suggestion: Hotkeys for cycling through viewable spacial-icons (ships, other items…)
Notes: E.g., just showing criminals (in the midst of Jita blobs); toggling Mobile Depots…

Suggestion: Toggleable other-information showing on ships / targeting-icons
Notes: Speed, range, shown modules activated

Suggestion: Angular velocity on information-stats and overviews

Suggestion: Toggleable module-range orbs for tactical overlays
Notes: Fast, ranged gameplay is very skillful and is worth rewarding with appropriate levels of information… which is especially helpful in keeping newbies on par.

Suggestion: Cloaked OHing

Suggestion: Refitting QoL
Notes: Options for removing all mids, etc.

Suggestion: Repairing / Repackaging / Stacking hotkeys

Suggestion: DPS meter
Notes: Helpful for, e.g., learning tracking and projection, etc.

1 Like

Suggestion: Filter the market by unknown SKINs
Keywords: ui, browse, market
Note: To ease checking the SKINs for sale, and avoid the purchase of duplicates.

I had missed this thread and created a separate one:

Filter by unknown SKINs

, but anyway:

Both skillbooks and SKINs are items that need to be activated just once per character, so…

would it be possible to filter the market by “Unknown SKINs”, same as one can currently filter it by “Untrained skills” when browsing its entries?

2 Likes

Suggestion: Navigation – camera-based sectional-direction commands

Suggestion: Hotkey responsiveness to already having selected objects on overviews

1 Like

I would like to buy a fancy hat from the NES, but I also like my beautiful red hair. Why does wearing a hat, that shows your hair, change the colour of your visible hair to black? Can we fix this?

1 Like

Suggestion: Set default SKIN to apply to a hull.
Keywords: SKIN
Note: For each hull type, an ability to set a default SKIN

I have this fancy SKIN for my pod, but the moment I find myself flying in my pod, I’m a little too worried about other things to open the fitting tool and apply a SKIN.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Clicking ‘show-info’ on overview panel a second time closes window
Keywords: ui/ux
Note: QoL for checking wormhole status without having to click ‘x’ on window

1 Like

Suggestion: Offer option for black void eyes
Keywords: Character Customization
Note: For capsuleers that spend a lot of time in the void and want to reflect that in appearance.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Colour settings for active targets
Keywords: UI Targetting
Note: Give overview-like text and background colouring to active targets

When targetting friends and enemies it’s easy to mix up the active targets. Sure you can just use the overview to pick which target you want, but then why do we need the active targets?

1 Like

Suggestion: In market order tab, allow more than one order to be cancelled at a time please

1 Like

Suggestion: Sorting categories of skills alphabetically

2 Likes

Suggestion: Implement a bookmark "trash can"
Keywords: ui, bookmarks, restore
Note: Useful for restoring accidentally deleted bookmarks/locations

It would be quite useful to have a trash-can of sorts for bookmarks/locations that we delete (remove).

On numerous occasions over time (more often than I’d care to admit) I’ve deleted a bookmark/location only to realize soon afterwards that I still needed that bookmark, I deleted it too hastily, or it was the wrong one to delete.

This issue would be alleviated if there were a trash-can for bookmarks that we delete. It could automatically clear itself out over a set period of time (perhaps 30 days) or after a set limit of deleted bookmarks (perhaps 50 bookmarks).

5 Likes

Suggestion: Small “breadcrumb” trail of bookmark locations.
Keywords: ui, bookmarks, return
Note: Useful for returning to previous jump locations.

You know what’s frustrating? Leaving a location and then realizing, if not immediately, then a short time later that you’ve forgotten something at a location you’d just been at. Drones for instance. Salvage. Etc…

It would be really quite useful and helpful if there were a short breadcrumb trail of automatically created bookmark(s) which are put down at the location(s) you last warped away from. These could last only for your current session, until the next down time, a set number of days, or indefinitely.

5 Likes

Suggestion: Notification when mining with incorrect Mining Crystals
Keywords: ui, mining, mining crystals, notification feed
Note: Don’t mine for hours using wrong crystals installed.

It’s not that it happens often, but it’s happened enough to me (and i’m sure others) that it’s worth putting in as a Little Things suggestion. That is mining for hours with the wrong crystals installed for the ore you’re mining. Granted there are plenty of opportunities to notice this (the ever so subtle color difference of the crystals, reading the tool tip (assuming you click instead of using the keyboard and have tooltips turned on), realizing your yield is terrible, etc…

Nevertheless, this still happens to me, it would be really helpful if when we first shoot an asteroid with an incorrect mining crystal (the first cycle for each turret), we would receive a notification in the Notification tray that let’s us know if we are using an incorrect mining crystal for the ore we have targeted and are mining. The one thing I do check on a regular basis is when I see there is a new notification in the feed (except for the spammy one’s I’ve turned off). The most helpful notifications are the one’s you only see occasionally. ‘Hey dummy! You’re using the wrong mining crystals for that ore!’. :hushed:

5 Likes

Suggestion: Stack All (and other) buttons for inventory management, on inventory window
Keywords: ui, inventory, hanger, cargo hold, stack all, select all
Note: Easily accessible buttons for common inventory management tasks.

Would love to see buttons on the inventory windows themselves (there is space at the top or the bottom of these windows), which at the very least allow you to Stack All. Other right-click menu items for the inventory window might be appropriate to have buttons as well. For instance Select All, and Invert Selection. Maybe even include a button for Split Stack if you have a single stack of items selected.

And if you want to get even fancier, perhaps different buttons might appear depending on any individual item you have selected (these buttons corresponding to things you’d find on the right-click menu).

8 Likes

Suggestion: Timer on Cargo window indicating when we can next Jettison
Keywords: ui, cargo hold, jettison, timer
Note: It would be helpful to see when we can next jettison a cargo container.

As it stands we have to try to jettison a cargo container to see if the timer has expired and how long until the timer expires. (Which by-the-way, would be nice if it were shorter - perhaps with some sort of efficiency skill). In any event, it’s really quite frustrating to not be able to tell if the cargo jettison timer has expired or how long is left before it expires.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Chat window. Mark messages as Read causing older messages to 'grey out’
Keywords: ui, chat, messages, read, unread
Note: It’s nice that we have a long chat history to scroll back and see messages we missed, though it would be nicer if we can mark seen messages as read, so they grey out, and we can find our place when we next look at a chat window.

In chat windows, it’s great we can scroll back quite a ways to read chat messages we missed or that we need to reference again. However, if you’re reading through a lengthy active chat window it’s easy to lose your reference to where you last read the messages. You can ‘clear all content’ from a window to get rid of messages you’d already seen, however you may want to keep messages (until they finally scroll off) for short-term future reference.

So… ideally there should be an easier way to determine which messages you’ve already read, and which are new. If there were a button at the top of the chat windows that would allow you to ‘mark current messages read’, which would ‘grey out’ the text, it would be very helpful to finding where you last read. At the least the white text would become a shade of grey. Other text colors could remain the same or also go to a darker shade, but since the vast majority of the text will be white then just having that turn grey would make finding your place easier.

Alternatively you could try to automate this, but that could become complicated and might result in mistakenly marking chat lines as read, when the reader did not intend for them to be marked as read. Still if you think you can make that work with few hitches or glitches, then great!

1 Like

Hey all, thanks for all your suggestions :slightly_smiling_face:
Just wanted to check in and saying I’m still keeping an eye on this thread even though I might not post a lot here (and sorry if what I choose to respond to seems weird, usually it’s just if I think the functionality that is being asked for already exists in some form and want you to be able to use it).
We actually have quite a few very exciting* changes from those threads nearly ready and are really looking forward to being able to deploy them to you, but there are a few things we need to take care of first so I hope you can stay patient :slight_smile:
Please feel free to keep the suggestions coming!

*well, at least I am super excited about them :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Could you add an icon to the chat windows, like on each player’s name, so we could more easily start private chats with them? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

oh you :rofl:

Suggestion: Slide to chat or access relevant fuction (enhancement of chat icon button)
Keywords: UI/UX
Note: I don’t mind the chat bubble icon except for accidental clicks. ‘Slide to chat’ works with existing chat bubbles by left click+hold+swipe left (or right) to initiate private chat invite. User can go into advanced options to pick what left/right swiping opens beyond default settings.

Gotta slide into those DMs somehow.

4 Likes