Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Show total and available jump clones on Jump Clone tab of Character Sheet.
Keywords: ui, Character Sheet, Jump Clone tab,
Note: Also this could be displayed in the Clone Bay screen.

Actually where DO I see the total number of Jump Clones I have available to me? Let alone how many remaining available I have.

In any event, assuming that information is available somewhere, it would still be quite useful to see it on the Jump Clone tab of one’s Character sheet. As well as in the Clone Bay window. Something like “3 out of 5 jump clones available” or “3 remaining jump clones available.” Perhaps with a little Exclamation mark (Question mark?) notice that you can increase your jump clones via listed skills. For the newbs. :wink:

1 Like

Suggestion: Show expiration time on Jet-cans.
Keywords: ui, jet can, cargo container, timer
Note: Alternatively have canisters last at least until down time.

So when you jettison a cargo container, they expire after a certain period of time. In my experience this is pretty much always 2 hours. Although apparently there is some dispute over this if you are to read the forums (some saying it’s a variable amount of time). There have been claims regarding how to ‘refresh’ a container’s time out, but none of the recommendations (other than transferring into a new can, have worked to ‘refresh’ their timer). Two hours is actually quite short for many Eve gaming sessions, especially when mining.

In any event, it would be really quite useful if there were some way to see precisely what time a canister would go kaput and disappear along with whatever cargo it held. This could perhaps be visible when you hover over the canister or visible if you check the ‘info’ on it. Perhaps it simply becomes a part of the name.

Alternatively or additionally, this time-out being a mechanic that was put in ages ago (if not from their inception), perhaps it’s time to revisit whether they need to expire after 2 hours at all. Maybe they can expire after 4 hours, or 6, or 12, or not until down-time. I honestly don’t know what happens to jettisoned cargo containers after down-time. Are they still there if they hadn’t met their 2 hours expiration time?

3 Likes

Suggestion: Recent locations menu item in Right-click menu in space.
Keywords: ui, locations, warp to, right-click menu
Note: In the Right-click menu while in space, which shows locations you can interact with (warp to and dock being the most common), include a ‘Recent Locations’ menu item at the top, that contains say the last 5 or so most recent locations you used in that system.

Given that there tend to be, more often than not, just a handful of locations we may warp around to in any given system it would be super handy if those locations populated a ‘Recent Locations’ menu item in the Right-click menu while in space.

This menu item would include say 5 of the most recently utilized locations, listed from most recently used at the top to next most recently used, etc… These would change dynamically based on usage. So if you are primarily warping between two locations, those two locations would be regularly swapping between 1st and 2nd place in the ‘Recent Locations’ list. For a location to count as being used, so as to make the list, it might be only the most relevant actions you take with a location (so things like warp, align, dock, etc…, but not necessarily things like ‘Look at’).

Ideally this would be at the top, perhaps in its own section (separated by lines) under 'Show Solar System in Map browser" and above “Asteroid Belts”. It would be able to show standard locations in the solar system and your own bookmarks. The list would populate regardless of how you accessed the location (via right-click menu, radial menu, or Selected Item buttons).

3 Likes

Suggestion: Ability to set audible tone for incoming messages on select chat channels.
Keywords: ui, chat, chat channels, audio
Note: Let users set individual chat channels to provide an audible tone when there is an incoming message for that channel.

Have I gotten annoying yet with all these suggestions? :yum: Sorry, I’m an idea fountain. They come to mind as I’m playing though.

As for this idea, there are certain chat channels, including local when I’m not in say Jita, which I would like to be audibly notified when a message comes in. Despite the flashy tabs I miss incoming messages ALL the time, some times responding to a message over an hour later because I didn’t see it. Heck I have local as a separate window and I’ve missed countless o/ 's and o7 's from friendlies, failing to respond until long after they’ve left or assumed I was AFK or ignoring them. And of course missing messages that are more substantial than hello’s.

It would therefore be quite helpful if we could set individual channels to provide an audible tone when a message arrives. Any soft and generally inoffensive tone or ‘ding’ would suffice. Even better though would be if there were a selection of tones we could choose from and set different tones for different channels!

Ideally this would be something we can easily toggle on and off as desired, again on a per channel basis.

Another enhancement to this idea would be a per-system setting for Local chat. Or perhaps a way we can place certain systems on an ‘ignore’ list which would suppress the tone on the Local chat for those systems (we all know which systems that would be used for). Otherwise, if we do have the tone set for Local chat, we could always just manually toggle it off for systems where it would be annoying.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Add a pink skin to UI theme. ie 'Rosada theme’
Keywords: ui, theme, rosada
Note: UI color sliders were removed, and no means to set a pink theme any longer.

With the removal of the sliders for theme color, and the giving us the pre-designed themes, pink was a color left out. I’m not asking for a super-hot-pink-annoying-for-videos coloration, but something with a general pink/purple hue set, for which there’s already the Rosada class skins for ORE ships in game to use as a base point.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Selection of theme for Alpha, Customization of theme for Omega
Keywords: ui, theme, omega, alpha, slider
Note: QoL visual improvements, granting expected basic functions while keeping Omega status a fiscally sound alternative.

As of now, the way the themes work…

An Alpha clone is locked into a default theme.
An Omega clone can choose from a selection of predefined themes.
Anyone can correct for color vision. (Which is awesome, kudos to CCP)

This makes a great Omega a selling point, and more in line with the new business philosophy of ‘pay to skin’, which most gamers are in favor of, unlike ‘pay to win’. However, in the creation of this setup, sliders for customization to any color were removed. Rather than being a value add for Omega, they lost capabilities they had for a very long time.

To give back the former value added service, I posit a great method would be adding in ability to select theme from any friendly faction to Alpha accounts, or for less overhead, just giving them the entire theme selector. Then, to provide further value add for Omega, adding ability to not only select a theme, but then be given access to sliders to further customize it. For instance, much like adjusting the theme for the Windows Glass theme interface.

2 Likes

Suggestion: “Industry” tab on raction materials.
Keywords: ui, reactions, manufacturing
Note: Help smooth out the complexity and headaches of doing ractions a bit by making the info more easilly accessible.

In the same way ship/module items show their blueprints and required materials in an “Industry” tab, it would help a great deal to see the same on reaction materials; have them list the formula and the various components it requires. - Right now a lot of manual searching goes into dealing with reactions, this would save a lot of time on that.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Drone Window stays open while launching your only set of drones
Keywords: UI, combat
Notes: Currently when launching your only set of drones, single drone or multiple drones grouped together, the drone window will close because there are no drones in your ship and the drones are not yet in space. The drone window will then re-open when the drones are actually in space. This is annoying because of the flash of the drone window being distracting and the fact that a useful window disappears for no reason.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Hover cursor over NeoCom character portrait shows the name of your clone (if you’ve named it)
Keywords: UI, NeoCom, Character Icon, Clone name
Notes: Need a quick convenient way to see which clone we are inhabiting.

As far as I know there is no way to see the name of the clone you are in. You can name your clones from the Jump Clones tab of the Character sheet. You won’t however see the name of the clone you are in unless you jump into a different clone, at which point it will leave your current clone in station and you can see what its name is.

So that alone being an issue (the name of the clone you are currently in should be visible at least from the Jump Clones tab), it would still be even nicer to be able to quickly see which clone you are in by seeing the name you gave the clone when you hover your cursor over your character portrait on the Neocom.

And now that we can jump into clones within a station (without jumping to a new station) and have no cooldown, I find myself jumping in and out of individual station clones much more often, depending on what I’m doing. It’s not difficult to forget which clone you are in, and it would be super convienient to find that information out with a simple hover-over of your cursor on your character portrait.

1 Like

By-the-way, this is GREAT to hear. Yes I am super excited to see these new changes. I love when CCP incorporates UI enhancements (little or big). Anything that makes the game nicer to play, more convenient, easier to engage with, more efficient to use, gives us the information we need and want when we need it, and reduces frustration is always welcome!

Thanks for listening to and working with the player base. I think this sort of engagement with the community of players and continual improvement of the game is the single greatest thing that sets Eve Online apart from any other game.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Chat does not blink when external links are put into chat
Keywords: UI, chat
Notes: When chat tabs have blink disabled and are not the current active tab, the tabs will still blink if an external link is sent by someone in chat or if any highlighted words are spoken. I would prefer it if the chat tab did not highlight when links are put into chat because the links might not be relevant to me and I do not want the tab to blink. If highlighted words are spoken, it is fine for the chat tab to blink if it is not the active tab because those are filters set by the player. However, the chat tab will blink whenever any link is placed into the chat, which is really annoying.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Create a new skill in Social tree called Bounty Hunting.
Keywords: gameplay, skills
Notes: the skill would gave extra 1% per skill level to the bounty paid out.

2 Likes

Suggestion: In route planner, highlight sectors where faction police might attack us if we have low security status.
Keywords: route planner, criminals
Notes: it would be nice if we could see clearly sectors where we will be hunted by faction police due to security status. This is hard to notice sometimes as especially the color difference between 0.8 0.7 and 0.6 is very small. So ideally, if I have -2.1 then every 1.0 system on my route would show black icon instead of light blue etc. That would make it easy enought to see that we have to avoid that sector or take extra care there.

5 Likes

Suggestion: On Sell and Purchase dialog underneath Total, place in wording ( X.y monetary scale)
Keywords: UI, Buy, Wording for monetary scale
Notes: Provide some clarification for when making purchases in large ISK numbers to prevent terrible mistakes.

I’ve yet to be burned by accidentally putting in a purchase for for Billions of ISK when I meant Millions, nor put something up for sale for Millions when I meant Billions, though I have benefited from others mistakes in doing that. Even if you notice after you submit, there is that 5 minute delay where you can’t change your order. And so this happens a lot to players.

Nevertheless, despite having only ever benefited from others mistakes in doing this, I still with every single order I place have my heart skip a beat in paranoia, as I click Buy or Sell, that I put in Billions when I meant Millions or Millions when I meant Billions. It’s irritating actually.

So I would like the peace of mind of seeing the amount I’m about to submit in wording. It doesn’t need to spell out the whole number in words, just the first one to three whole numbers and a single number after the decimal. For instance if I’m placing a bid for something at 43,500,002.36 ISK the wording underneath could say (43.5 Million ISK). Honestly if it just said in words at the end of the amount (Million) or (Billion) that would be sufficient.

It wouldn’t hurt to also make the fractional amount of a single ISK in the number total a smaller font and raised (superscript). Anything to help us better visualize the amounts we’re using. The two digit fractional ISK amount after the decimal, being the same size as the whole ISK amount, only makes quickly determining if you’ve entered the correct amount more difficult.

2 Likes

As of Lifeblood, there is now a tooltip on the price (was one of those QoL things :slight_smile:)

Improvements to quantity tooltips
Tooltips have been added to number edit fields. If the entered amount is above 10k, there will be a tooltip that writes out the amount to help you quickly realize the order of magnitude of the number (so you don’t sell your 2b module for 2m)
The tooltips have also been added to a few handpicked numbers, such as the total in the Sell Item window and the total in the Buy window (for single item). For example:

45343 => ≈ 45.3 thousand
25000 => 25.0 thousand
9999000 => ≈ 10.0 million
15545640000 => ≈ 15.5 billion

2 Likes

Suggestion…

Can we please have the ability to switch characters without having to log out then log back in?

I play games where I can switch at the press of a button, not only characters but servers as well, if other games can do it I see no reason whatsoever why EVE can’t do the same.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Allow for overwriting when saving fittings under the same name
Keywords: UI, fitting, fitting management
Note: Convenient addition instead of tweaking fit, saving under new/same name, then deleting obsolete fit.

Suggestion: Cache simulated fits like you cache several info windows
Keywords: UI, fitting, simulated fittings
Note: Allows for simulating other (e.g. chat shared) ships on the fly without having to save simulated fit first then switching back & forth (cumbersome, see 1st suggestion)

4 Likes

Oh wow, I didn’t even notice that. Thanks! It’s certainly nice to have, though a bit subtle. Maybe too subtle.

I’ll use it for sure. Would still be nice perhaps one day to have it show up automatically below or at the end (in some small font perhaps), so we could see instantly what we are looking at, without having to cursor over the field and wait (that long second :yum: ) for the tool tip to appear.

Some unusual alternatives (I’m thinking for the total amount which appears at the bottom of the buy or sell windows) , have millions be a somewhat bigger font, billions and even bigger font. Or perhaps they each show as different colors. Just brainstorming here.

1 Like

Suggestion: On Asset Search, have SKINS we have applied to our SKIN vault show up.
Keywords: UI, Asset window, SKINs
Notes: When trying to determine if I own a particular SKIN or not, I need to check two locations.

Even though it’s not necessarily an ‘asset’ that we can sell, it would still be nice if the SKINs we already own (and have applied) to a character would show up in an Asset search. Since things show up under a particular location using the Asset search window, the location could indicate it’s applied or in our vault (or whatever its called). This way, for us SKIN collectors, when shopping, we could more easily see SKINS we already own, between what we have as Assets spread across the cluster (as I do from remote regional purchases) and what we’ve already applied.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Reverse Autopilot Route button
Keywords: UI, Autopilot, Navigation
Notes: “Optimize” routes AP from near to far, sometimes the reverse is needed.

When doing pickup runs it makes sense to fly the longest distance first, while empty, then to make the pickups on the return. Optimize always routes the stops from nearest to farthest, so adding my return station to the end just makes everything backwards. The route can be reversed by choosing “manage route” and manually dragging the order of each jump, but one click to switch A-Z to Z-A would be wonderful.

4 Likes