Little things / Small QoL suggestions

hello EVE CCP … has the ability to log in for “hours for PLEX” been removed?

1 Like

Suggestion: Remove weapons timer for mining boosts
Keywords: boosts, timer, meta
Note: While I totally understand why command boosts (armor, shield, skirmish, etc.) deserve a weapons timer, Mining boosts don’t make sense to give a weapons timer.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Add View Market Details To Simulated Cargo/Drone Bay Items
Keywords: UI, Market
Note: In the Simulation Mode if you right-click on the ship you can get the ‘View Market Details’ for that ship and its fitted modules. The same cannot be said of simulated cargo bay and drone bay items with right-click. You will only get ‘Show Info’ and ‘Compare’ for cargo bay items and for drone bay drones you will only get ‘Show Info’.

1 Like

Suggestion: Allow players to add multiple orbit and approach to buttons to their Selected item window
Keywords: UI
Note: Sometimes when you want to orbit an item it can be a hassle to right-click and change the orbit quickly. There is room in the Selection Item window for multiple extra ‘orbit’ and ‘approach to’ buttons, so say you want to orbit an enemy at 20km but then want to orbit closer, you will have to find them in the overview and then right-click. If you had two orbit buttons [say one directly below the other as an example] one could be set to 20km and the other to 10km to allow quicker change in orbiting patterns. Unsure how many ‘orbiting’/‘approach to’ buttons could be allowed but maybe be generous in this regard.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Stable systems should be sorted into below 0 in capture status of Faction warfare window
Keywords: UI, Faction Warfare, FW
Note: When clicking the capture status tab to put the systems in a certain order, Stable is sorted into
the top while say a 0.07% contested system is at the bottom. Surely the systems with the least capture status should appear below the next least captured status not at the very top [above Vulnerable too] when sorted by clicking the tab.

1 Like

Suggestion : Right click context menu in Notification Feed to disable message type.

I have no idea what each notification is called within the menu to enable or disable them. however each time i see a notification I know if i do or do not want to ever see that type again. How about adding right click context menu item to disable a notification type?

Also being able to export settings for the notifications to share between accounts or corp members would be added awesomeness.

I originally posted this on Reddit CCPlease right click notification feed to disable type and got a pretty positive reaction. Someone suggested I post it here.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Prevent Inventory window from closing when changing jump clones
Keywords: UI, clones
Notes:
At the moment, every time you switch clones the inventory window closes. This is really annoying when you are trying to switch out of a training clone into a clean clone and then immediately get into a combat ship, as you have to reopen the inventory window. This happens when the clone is in the same citadel as you are currently, and when the clone is in a different citadel/station. I originally submitted a bug report, as I thought that the inventory closing behavior had not always happened, but was told to report it as a feature request instead. (EBR-140217)

2 Likes

Suggestion: Remove extraneous/erroneous information from the description of the Reactor Control Unit
Keywords: UI, Modules
Notes: At the moment, the Reactor Control unit’s Attributes section displays that it gives a 0% bonus to Shield recharge rate, Capacitor recharge rate, Shield hitpoints, and Capacitor capacity. As there is a 0% bonus given, we do not need to know that the Reactor Control Unit does nothing for these stats, and therefore these pieces of information about 0% bonuses should be removed. The correct bonus of 10% powergrid is also displayed. As a side note, the 0% bonuses displayed are the normal bonuses for the Power Diagnostic system, however the Power Diagnostic system does not display the Reactor control units bonus at 0%. (EBR-143259)

3 Likes

Suggestion: Enable owners of a Citadel with a Market Hub to see which items are bought and sold there

Currently you’ll see the Brokers Fee entry in the corp wallet but otherwise you need to check the market browse UI for what’s available and get no indication of what items are being purchased or how relatively popular they are. For lower volume stations outside of major trade hubs, addressing these issues would be a major quality of life improvement for station managers.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Synchronize tactical overlay orientation with system map
Keywords: ui, tactical overlay, system map, astronomic ‘north’
Note: 180° difference between the facing of tactical overlay and system map

The astronomic ‘north’ is highlighed in the tactical overlay, but the solar system map uses another orientation, that is 180° rotated, so when making bookmarks player might get confused, here is a picture showing the difference

It would be really awesome if the two maps would be aligned, maybe even add the same brown/yellowish highlight to the system map.

5 Likes

This sounds like it’s related to a bug report I filed a couple of months ago when I noticed that the solar system map had suddenly rotated 180 degrees after the release in either November or December.

Any idea if the orientations matched prior to November?

1 Like

Hell yes son.

Have a like.

1 Like

1st…Did not read…apologies.

Suggestion: Improve naming of armor / shield drones
Keyword: ui,text
Note:
Drone naming too long drone function obscured.
This shouldn’t be a solution.

Edit:
“Mina Sebiestar is in Position at Bhiz”

Make it two line row so you can see full text remove “(No Voice Messages)”

2 Likes

Blockquote
Make it two line row so you cansee full text remove “(No Voice Messages)”

I already made suggestion above to color drones name according to their status. What about that?

1 Like

That would work.

1 Like

Suggestion: Allow us to hide the “Add/Remove something from overview” button.
Keywords: UI, overview
Note: There are few ways how could this be done. Either an option in settings or tie this with having overview windows pinned with settings to lock windows when pinned (which would be ideal). Or just remove this god-dammit button completely.

As for why. I don’t want to modify my overview and when I want to do that I will do it via settings in overview. I cannot count how many times I accidentally added or removed something because I misclicked in the choice list. I think that the overview is the basic tool which most of us have already solved out. The only changes I’ve made in months were when new types of citadels and npcs were added and my overview didn’t show them (which is another thing…).

1 Like

Suggestion: Allow us to quickly close the “Information - Not all items could be fitted.” window via ESC key.
Keywords: shortcuts
Note: We can cancel similar info/warning windows such as not enough cargohold via ESC already so allow us to do the same here when fitting. Often I need to replace one item in fit with different meta version and each time I fit one ship I must manually close this window because it doesn’t find something. Be able to just press ESC would speed this process up greatly.

2 Likes

Suggestion: When fitting ships with the rename toggle on, rename the ship to the current fit name and not the saved one.
Keywords: fitting, renaming ships
Note: I want to rename each ship I fit to certain name such as Thorax t1. But I have multiple versions of t1 saved in my fittings which differ in details and they are named Thorax t1 - newbie, Thorax t1 - warp scram, Thorax t1 - fleet etc. etc. I expected that when I open the fit from fittings menu via View fitting and then I rename the fit name, the ship gets renamed to this new name after pressing the Fit button. That is not the case unfortunately, I have to either rename the ships after I fit them or re-save the fit under this name I want and fit it from that. Then delete it the dupe fit from fit menu.

2 Likes

Suggestion: When you can’t fit everything, have a button to offer to copy what didn’t get fitted into the clipboard.
Note: I have three containers, or is it four?, I have to empty out or dig through when I fit a ship. One for the modules, one for the drones, and one for ammo/scripts/etc. If I should forget to put several somethings on the hanger floor so the fitting system could find it, I’d like to have a list that I could work with.
Maybe I need to alt-tab over to my market alt to put in an order for these missing pieces. Maybe I just need to paste them into a notepad, so I can find what vault I left them in, or so I can consider alternative modules.
But, maybe what I already have in the clipboard is more important, so I’d want it to be a choice, rather than an automatic thing.
This post inspired by something Vokan Narkar said two posts above.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it does do this,…if the guns are grouped.

1 Like