Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Stop CTRL B from opening Setup Bookmark window when cursor focus is in chats.
Keywords: Windows, UI, chat, bookmarks, shortcuts
Note: Using CTRL B to bolden text opens the Setup Bookmark window even when mouse focus is on the text box of a chat.

7 Likes

Suggestion: Multi-login
Keywords: UI, multiple accounts, launcher
Note: Since most people have multiple accounts, a small change to the UI that lets us input multiple username/password combinations and then simultaneously login into all of the accounts (while leaving the launching of accounts the same as it is now; that works awesomely!) in the launcher would make life a little bit easier and cut down on the number of clicks and waiting.

2 Likes

This already is in the game unless I misunderstand you. You can toggle which accounts you want to start and click ‘play all’ and they all start with one click.

1 Like

Actually launching the clients, yes, that’s already in. I’m trying to suggest an initial multi-login when you give accounts to the launcher (eg. what causes them to appear onto the list from where you can launch them).

So, if you launch the launcher and leave no accounts on there for security concerns, you could click “Add Accounts+ (Multiple)” and login to all your accounts simultaneously rather than clicking “Add Account” 3/5/7/9 times, or however many accounts you have.

There’s no need to edit the launch bundle; that’s perfect.

1 Like

Suggestion: Notification on completion of a buy- / sellorder
Keywords: ui, market, wallet
Note: Nice to know which buy orders you might set up again because the old buy order completed or timed out. The notification should contain the total amount of items, the type and the price.

It would probably be nice to have that optional so people that sell and buy a lot of things can deactivate it when it gets annoying.

13 Likes

Suggestion: Mission UI for escalations plus right click option
Keywords: exploration, escalation, expedition
note: It is always annoyng that you have to open your journal every time when you want to warp to your site, why not have the mission UI also showing escalations? And what about a right click option to get to your site without opening the journal? We have that for missions, so why not for expeditions too?
It would be great to see the destination of the escalation in the escalation popup when finishing the site that spawns it.

4 Likes

Suggestion: for salvage drones, only let them salvage the item being tractored by MTU if there are no other salvagable items in range
Keywords: salvaging, time saving
Note: salvager drones will repeatedly salvage the wreck that the MTU is pulling. Time would be saved by salvaging more distant empty wrecks, making it unnecessary for the MTU to tractor them at all.

8 Likes

Suggestion: When creating a new character, make it more obvious that “family name” is optional
Keywords: new character, name, NPE
Note:

At the end of the creation of new character, people are supposed to choose the name of their character. Please make it obvious that Family name is optional, otherwise we will keep seeing names like Luke Skywalker Skywalker. My suggestion would be to rename the fields from

• Name
  • Family Name

to

• Name
  • Surname (optional) or Family Name (optional)
6 Likes

Suggestion: Fix the highlighted button brightness
Keywords: UI, button, highlighting, windows
Note: It is near impossible to figure out which button is highlighted and which is not.

Tabbing though buttons in a window results in highlighting them but the effect is way too minute to be clearly visible. Highlighting needs to be brighter, and actually clicking the button needs to be even brighter or a different effect like a splash traveling outward from the click.

6 Likes

Suggestion: Explosion Radius reduction should be green in Show Info window.
Keywords: UI, windows, colored stats highlights
Note: Lower explosion radius is better, so it should be green, not red.

5 Likes

Suggestion: Indication of note presence
Keywords: local, note
Note: To see if you have a note about someone in local

A small indication in local (like ‘blocked’ sign) if you have a note about a character

9 Likes

What that said.

2 Likes

Fleet Hangar shortcut just like the other hangars.

3 Likes

Please make my life easier, ok? :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

Suggestion: A Bookmarks Bin
Keywords:Bookmarks, Recycle, Bin
Note: When I accidentally delete the bookmark to the wormhole that leads to Jove space.

I think deleting the only bookmark that leads to Jove space without a way to recover it says enough.

3 Likes

I dunno if this will help you @Shiloh_Templeton but, In the probe window there is a pinpoint button. With no probes launched, if you press pinpoint button it will launch probes in pinpoint formation. Apologies if this isn’t what you refer to.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Make module and skill bonuses consistent
Keywords: UI, module, description
Note: The description of the bonuses is inconsistent, annoying and some times even wrong. We have bonus negative percents, reduction by positive percents, reduction by negative percents which actually should increase that stat… EANM is a very good example: it has negative damage resistance bonus, so the module should actually increase the damage I take.

5 Likes

Suggestion: Option for vertically listed chat channels.
Keywords: ui, chat
Note: Useful for people with many chat channels, especially those in diplomacy roles or involved with many groups/communities.

Vertically listing chat channels will allow more to be visible at a glance, and more helpful information about updates to the channel itself; a mock-up and detailed explanation can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/pkbwO

16 Likes

Def Monk6h
Suggestion: Option for vertically listed chat channels.
Keywords: ui, chat
Note: Useful for people with many chat channels, especially those in diplomacy roles or involved with many groups/communities.

Good idea, nice mock up.
2 things though, 1. people with smaller screen landscape would lose more to chat.
2. what happens when you’re in a chat that has people coming and going regularly, which also gets lots of chatter going on at the same time. Your colour code doesn’t allow a user to see when a channel has had people leave and also received messages.
Fix? Keep blink channel for new messages (optional as now), green and red highlights for join leave but limited to buddy list… This way you can still monitor channels for new messages and see when a buddy you may want to chat with has joined or left.

EG; I have 15 channels open most of the time on my Trade, JF alt - Much of the time they are just in the background unattended. A few though I monitor closely watching for specific people, so having a chat light up to indicate someone I want to chat with has joined would be a nice qol addition…

2 Likes

Suggestion: Display your last broadcast.
Keywords: UI, Fleet, Broadcasts
Note: There’s plenty of room in the statusbar of the watch list to show last broadcast.

When you’re in a fleet and you’re broadcasting, it’s often easy to forget or miss whether your broadcast got through or if it got caught in chat window or done in too rapid succession and simply ignored.

If it should show somewhere, for example in the statusbar of the watch list window (which has ample room for showing an icon of your latest broadcast due to its minimum width), then you’d be able to double-check that your broadcast for reps went through etc.

While you can show broadcasts in your broadcast history and see it there, often you disable certain broadcasts in order to see more important ones. For example when you’re not flying logistics you often remove the broadcasts for shield/armour so you can more clearly see aligns and target broadcasts. This would greatly improve awareness and allow you to double-check your broadcasts in such situations.

1 Like