Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Show a small “note” icon in chat if I have notes about the character

Keywords: UI, chat, local, notes

Note: Useful in case you have things to remember re: the pilot

I often use built-in “Notes” section in character info panel, mostly to remember whose alt that is. It would be great to have a small icon near characters in local / other chats (like the watchlist one) making me aware that I have notes about this character. Prototype:

Original idea by u/Apollexis on r/eve.

10 Likes

Suggestion: Wild card search in Market item search box.

Keywords: Market, wild card, search

Note: Useful for looking up items with the same base text criteria with variations based on damage types such as ammo.

Example: Caldari Navy * Heavy Missile to return all 4 damage variants

I often need to pull multiple types of ammo of varying types for fittings and this would make pulling on the specific values from the database I need vs searching for each entry one by one or drilling down through the item tree.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Partial implant recovery from clones housed in destroyed structures

Keywords: implants, asset safety, clones

Note: Provides a slightly better-feeling scenario than full loss without creating imbalance

Implants installed in clones in destroyed structures are subject to same drop rules as hangar contents (asset safety in kspace/drop in a can in jspace), with very punishing loot fairy for balance to prevent full implant recovery on all housed clones by destroying an inexpensive structure.

Suggestion move the names of structures off of the structure life bars.

Suggestion: Option to preserve fleet advert during boss change

Keywords: fleet, social

Note: During many standing-type fleets, if the Fleet Boss disconnects or leaves fleet, Boss is transferred to another pilot and the fleet advert is taken down. This can lead to issues if the new boss is AFK, in another client, or simply doesn’t know what to do.

Proposal: Allow an option to allow the fleet advert to remain up when a change of fleet boss occurs.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Ideas about Fitting window.
1- Ability to export all the fitting on personal and corp level.
2- Ability to import a list of fitting on personal and corp level.
3- Ability to Delete all the fitting on personal and corp level.
4-Ability to add description for the fitts like how to use it so it explain the doctrine.

1 Like

Please adjust the dps curve of sentries slightly, because it’s not possible to double-volley a shuttle and its pod in one go, under sentry fire, in a 1.0 … and it should be. It’s pretty much a single tick away from being possible when executed perfectly.

I’m the inventor of this fitting which is nowadays, in various forms, common and standard.

The reason why I request this, is because it’s not game-mechanics per se that stand in the way, but the delay between the shuttle exploding and the pod showing up in clickable space, or in other words, the ability to actually click the pod quickly enough when it shows up. The popup wastes a huge amount of time and using the overview lags behind just as much.

Thank you!

Suggestion: Flatten the Tier LP Bonus’s in Faction Warfare
Keywords: Faction Warfare, LP, Tier, FW, Militia
Note: Penalty too severe and bonus to generous

Change the adjustment to LP gained in Faction Warfare from the current rates to these new rates:

• Tier 1: Payout 100%
  • Tier 2: Payout 115%
  • Tier 3: Payout 125%
  • Tier 4: Payout 140%
  • Tier 5: Payout 150%

The current bonus at high tier are way too high and the current penalty at tier 1 drives off a lot of recruits from joining the losing militia.

Also causes players to swap militias for no reason other than the other has high tier.

1 Like

Suggestion: Contracting to Militia
Keywords: Contracts, Faction Warfare, Militia, UI, Filter
Note: Add an option on the filter to restrict the contract to Militia

• I can contract to Corp
  • I can contract to Alliance
  • I cannot contract to Militia

Please add

1 Like

Suggestion: Add “Buy Skill” option to skill\book information window
Keywords: Skills, UI
Note: Skills often linked in chat as recommendation to new players and it would be easier to buy those skills directly from information window with new button.

7 Likes

“Easier” does not equal “better”.

Suggestion: Alphabetize the Skill Categories in the top portion of the ‘Skills’ tab of the character sheet.
Keywords: Skills, character sheet, sort
Note: There’s no rhyme or reason to the current ordering of skill categories, and it’s actually non-trivial to sometimes find the category I need.

Suggestion: Multiple waypoint route linking/sharing
Keywords: Route, starmap, sharing, hyperlinks
Note: I’m sure this has been suggested a thousand times before, but after recently having to do this manually on both a single character or at times, multiple characters, it is clear that the current methods of sharing a route with multiple players or using a route more than once is a huge headache.

I will personally buy drinks at Vegas this year for whichever dev (or team) can make it so that the process of sharing multiple waypoint routes is reduced to as few clicks as possible.

Whether through chat, fleet broadcasts, shared settings, whatever it takes.

If I can dream, I’d also ask that there be included a format for which to share this kind of routing between 3rd party apps and the client itself, similar to how fittings, skillqueues, and market lists can be shared.

Suggestion: Ability to use hotkey to broadcast target from watchlist even if watchlist window has focus

Keywords: Broadcast Target Hotkey, Watchlist

Note: Useful for logi to quickly broadcast players from the watchlist who are taking damage but haven’t broadcast.

I use a hotkey to quickly broadcast players who have failed to broadcast for reps. It works great when broadcasting from brackets, the overview, or targets I already have locked, but is flaky when broadcasting from the watchlist. Through experimentation, I have discovered that I can broadcast from the watchlist as long as the window doesn’t have focus; if it does have focus, it won’t work. I would like it to always work no matter what.

1 Like

Suggestion: Add “release” or “set free” options for what we can do with livestock, rather than just “trash”

Keywords: UI, items, livestock

I have no use for tourists, and using “trash” seems… cruel. Like I’m tossing innocent children into a recycler. Please give me another option. The result is the same, the item leaves my inventory.
This could be a simple as replacing the “trash” option wording with “trash or release”.

4 Likes

Yes to the ability to add descriptions.

1 Like

Suggestion: Increase base Torpedo range by 50%: Velocity and Flight Time
Keywords: Torpedo, Ammunition, Balance
Note: Increase use and balance of Torpedoes as underused since Cruise Missile boost

Original Thread:
https://forums.eveonline.com/t/torpedo-missile-balancing-and-explosion-velocity/146713/48

The ability to tag players in space, temporarily, when you see them in system, like a watch list so you can spot who may be following you.

1 Like

I actually DO. It’s the Ivih gate, and that is why I submitted this request! You can barely see the color difference between the yellow gate icon that is Ivih, and all the others. Well, at least you and I can barely see it. hehe

Yea I realize that now. Getting new glasses lol