Little things / Small QoL suggestions

I would just increase the number of fittings we can save. When was the number of personal fittings set to 250? At the very beginning? Since then, the number of ships was increased to more than the double of that by now, right?

1 Like

Suggestion: Allow station containers the same right-click menu as the Item Hangar

Keywords: Trading, UI

There are some basic inventory-management functions – the ability to repackage items, for instance – that can only be done from the Item Hangar. Meaning I have to drag things out of my station containers and into the Item Hangar, perform the function, then drag stuff back. It would be nice if we could just do it from within the container.

Could we just make the right-click menu for items in station containers the same as they are in the Item Hangar?

Specific functions that would be nice to be able to do inside station containers:
– Repackage item
– Sell item
– Create contract
– Trash item

3 Likes

Was 2 years ago I think. It used to be 200.

Thing is, I maintain about 800 very viable fits and those only contain 6 matar ones.

In PI when you first load up the screen could we have the default structures at a higher zoom rate, if you have an object on its own it is sometimes hard to find with all the background in play, once you have found your objects it would goto normal size…

Also what happened to you being able to control your ship when you in PI mode, you no longer have the A button which lets you see where your ship is going which means you can’t warp to next structure or gate!

Suggestion: More accurate reporting of war dec “Losses” and “Loser”

Keywords: WarDec,
Note: Losing the ISK war

Include the ongoing cost of war dec fees in war reports and when deciding who “wins”.
For every week the aggressor loses, the fee for the following weeks war is increased.

Suggestion: Add a checkbox in the channel settings which will mute/block all chat.
Keywords: channel settings

This would allow you to mute/block all chat while seeing who is in the channel. The main reason for this request is the lag caused by the spam in the channels during fleet fights; this would eliminate the problem by just turning it off. Also, there are many times I just want to turn off the trash in the channel…

Suggestion: Move price graph into the separate tab in the market screen.
Keywords: Market, UI

In current version of Market window price history table and graph share the same tab. You can switch between them using a button which is located in the bottom of the window. So when you explore the market you need a lot of annoying movements across the screen to see all the options.

I suggest to improve UX for different market views by splitting “price history” tab into two, which would be “price table” and “price graph” sitting next to the “market data” tab.

Weaker yet quite effective improvement would be moving “Show table/graph” button to the top of existing “Price history” tab, above the graph and table.

1 Like

Quick question: how to know if my QoL has already been listed in this ever growing thread by someone else? Because I might have an extensive list. :roll_eyes:

You have 2 options:

• read the whole thread
  • don’t worry about it, just post your ideas

I suggest the second, the worst that can happen is you will post a slightly different version of an already existing idea. I’m way too lazy to find examples, but I know it happened before.

2 Likes

Ty for taking time to reply, after mere thought I’ll abstain from it.

Suggestion: Order Contracts
Keywords: Contracts, Cap Building, Industry
Note: Would like a contract that can be made and accepted for an item to be purchased and delivered within a time frame.

Example: Create a Order Contact to purchase 1 Revelation Dreadnought within 3 Weeks to X Station / Citadel. A builder can accept the order (locking in the funds) and would have 3 weeks to complete the order.

Its not a courier contract, as the item isn’t owned yet. Its not an item exchange, as the item may not even exist yet, and there is time to complete the contract. The aim for this usage is to allow players to purchase ships to be built directly while allowing builders QOL having funds guaranteed in the contract.

Suggestion: Add a right click option to split stacks of items with number set like orbit/keep at range
Keywords: UI, Planetary Interaction, PI, Market
Note: The current system to split stacks is click, hold shift, drag, and is very tedious when splitting multiple stacks (e.g. PI)

I manage my PI by making stacks of 4000 items at a time, which when combined with the full list of materials for a planet, can be 9 shift+click to split the items for each planet (I usually run 6 production planets). It gets very tedious and repetitive. Splitting ammo stacks, ore, and other items that I trade with other characters at times could use this feature as well.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Allow right-click, set camera focus when viewing planets with a command center.
Keywords: UI, Planetary Interaction, PI
Note: The camera zoom on a planet with a command center rotates to focus on the command center as it’s center but a planetary colony does not require to be near the command center and often times is not.

If I build a planetary colony and choose to move production to the other side of the planet to extract new materials, the camera always opens to the command center even if not close to my colony. Being able to set the camera focus will allow me to focus on where the extractors are located. I don’t need to destroy the command center to move my colony, which I do often.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Do not auto load blueprints in industry window and provide a ‘Refresh’ button to view instead.
Keywords: UI, Industry, Blueprints
Note: I have thousands of blueprints and copies and when I open the industry window it lags the client for a minute to load the list of blueprints I have from ‘All Facilities’.

I know where my blueprints are located and many times if I take a set of bps to a station to copy or research, I only want to see those in my window. If the client were to just open with nothing and let me refresh the window when I choose the filters I want, then it would be much easier to use and not lag my game. I’m sure the not querying the server and telling me I have 5000 hobgoblin I copies is also a thing that may help performance.

1 Like

Suggestion: Ability to turn off tooltips
Keywords: ui, tooltips
Note: More control over what you want to see from the UI

The tooltips dont go away even after setting the delay slider to “long”. Even if the tooltip comes up, hovering over another item adjacent to the one where the tooltip appeared, will make the next one appear instantly. Its frustrating when I am trying to move quickly between items and this thing appears under my cursor.

A simple “Disable tooltips” option would be amazing and I think we are long, LONG overdue for something like this. I would be eternally grateful to have this particular option. Thank you.

Suggestion: Collapsible categories in the structures tab.
Keywords: UI, show info, categories, structures, sorting, filtering
Notes: I would like to be able to hide certain structure types behind a category bar like in the Stations tab where station category headers hide the services.

Suggestion: Add reprocessing percentage to Structure browser for structures with a reprocessing plant
Keywords: UI, show info, refining, structures, upwell
Note: In the Structure Browser, for public refineries (upwell and stations), you can’t see the percentage of refine rate, only the tax rate. Unless the owner puts the reprocessing rate in the structure bio (and it’s correct), the only way to look it up is by flying to the structure.

Suggestion: Ability to disable Drone Damage Notifications

Keywords: ui, Damage Notifications
Note: would unclutter the damage notifications because 5 Drones from me and 5 Drones from the enemy every 4s is more than enough to make the Damage Notifications hard to follow. Especially with the text shown in Space, where every 5 Drone Dmg Notifications push up everything else.

Suggestion: Ship Hangar Tab in Stations (that are merged into the Station Window on the right) should have SubTabs for Ship-Size. -> Frigates, Destroyers, Cruisers, BCs, BS, Capitals. Only the Size, not the Class.

Keywords: ui, Ship Hangar, Tab Ship Size

Note: i know you can sort by group, you can switch into List or detailed view and sort by group, but that also makes Interceptors, StealthBombers and Frigates, same with Heavy Interdiction Cruisers and Assault Cruisers, all appear with their type of group…not size. The funny thing here is that the Tab SIZE is shown, but its left empty on every ship with no information. Also choosing out of a ListView when you don´t have your Ship named exactly what Ship it is, is not possible. The Detail View besides…

A possibility to drag all your fitted Frigates, Cruisers and Battleships into SUB Tabs would make the access faster, especially when you give your Ships different Names from all your favourite YOUP*****, i mean NETFLIXX…NETFLIXXXXX Actors… ^^

Suggestion: Ability to set squad/wing as default

Keywords: ui, fleets, squads
Note: Allow fleet commander to set default squad
When setting up fleets with special-purpose wings and squads, fleet members may currently join and be placed into any available squad. Being able to designate a squad as the default for new joins can assist with sorting members into the correct group for their roles.