Little things / Small QoL suggestions

The billion isn’t universal.
There are these things called “short scale” and “long scale”. English language is using the short scale, where every new word (mil-, bil-, tril-, etc.) is a thousand times bigger than the previous. In long scale however every new word is a million times bigger than the previous. In long scale “million” is followed by “milliard” then “billion”, “billiard” and so on.
If you’re not aware of this difference, or not sure how it works, or don’t know which one is used by the other person, that can lead to confusion. I think this is why some people counts in thousands: just count the groups or 000s and press K that many times.

Suggestion: Allow scientific notation in integer input fields
Keywords: ui, market
Note: 1.345E9 and 2e6 should show “~1.3 billion” and “2 million” tooltips on hover

Suggestion: Settings sliders draggable anywhere in their range
Keywords: ui
Note: Update the Settings page to use the the dscan or hypernet sliders. Currently making an adjustment requires near-pixel-perfect aim to click the handle and drag.

1 Like

Suggestion: Add all levels of Character Sheet tabs to Pointer Window
Keywords: ui
Note: Some of the most common interactions with rookies and returning players involve directing them to kills, losses, standings, jump clones. I’d love to be able to use the pointer window instead of typing out character sheet > character > jump clones

1 Like

Suggestion: A “Collapse All” button for the Market
Keywords: Market, Trading, Buying, Selling
Note: Useful if you trade and like to look around the market
When I do station trading and want to edit my prices, it always opens up all the tabs when I click to check my prices. I then have to go close them all if I want to look around the market again. It would be nice to at least have a collapse all button for the tabs to make this easier.

4 Likes

engineering standard then
k, M, G, T,

Simply hover over the blue button at the bottom of the queue, it is a tool tip.

Suggestion: Disallow loading oversized cap boosters in ancillary shield repairers
Keywords: Module, shield, charge

Ancilalry shield boosters accept multiple cap booster types. For example X-large ancillary shield booster accepts both 400 and 800 cap boosters.

There is no reason to ever load bigger cap boosters. They repair the same amount of HP. Bigger ones are also worse as you can’t load as many of them.

Terrible idea which is basically a crutch for players who panic click.

Suggestion: Allow dragging System Names into the Label section of bookmarks
Keywords: bookmarks, wormholes
Note: would be nice for wormholers to be able to just drag the name in and hit Enter

Suggestion: Ability to warp to the latest zone in a mission after clearing others.

Keywords: missions, accelleration gates
Note: Just doing Angel Extravaganza now. I cleared about 5 or 6 gates so far, now my inventory is full, so I gotta go back to station to drop my loot off. But even if I bookmark a point at the latest ‘zone’, I have to go through 5-6 accell gates to get back to where I was.

1 Like

Suggestion: Tier 2 Salvage Drones. salvage drone improvements

Keywords: salvage, drones
Note: Salvage Drone Leve V and I’m still waiting 20 odd minutes to clear a huge mess of wrecks when it takes me 5 minutes to destroy them. Yes I could just leave them and move on and do another mission or whatever and make more ISK/hour, but I personally like to salvage everything - why not at least add salvage drone IIs? increase the +% chance gained with the skill. Have the salvage drones obey focus fire or not, because having all 5 drones on one wreck is much slower than manually targeting 5x wrecks and selecting each one to salvage that wreck, but it’s so much clicking and there are no hotkeys to get a specific drone to target the current target. How about even letting us have 10x salvage drones out at a time, or have a separate salvage drone bay and let us have salvage drones out at the same time?

4 Likes

Suggestion: Pinned windows remain opaque

Keywords: UI, windows, pinning
Note: I would like some or most of my windows to remain opaque so that I can more clearly see what is going on with them when they are pinned, but pinning them makes them translucent, even when my UI settings are set to have no transparency at all.

I pin my windows so that I don’t accidentally move them around all the time so they stay in place. I don’t want them to suddenly turn transparent when my UI settings are set to not have any transparency. Here is an example:

Unpinned: https://i.imgur.com/K6QjdQT.png
Nice. I can clearly read text on all the windows.

I pin them: https://i.imgur.com/H3NMiVE.jpg
Everything turns transparent and becomes harder to read. Why, when in the UI options I have transparency completely disabled?
This depends greatly on the space background too, sometimes it’s not so bad, other times to brightness and glare of nebulae etc make things impossible to read because of the transparency.

2 Likes

Been wanting this for years, may have suggested it already in one of the oldest little things threads (like back on the previous iteration of the forums)… doesn’t seem like it’ll ever come, but… yeah, that’d get a LOT of Salvage Drone Operation 4 users to train 'em to 5!

1 Like

Suggestion: make paste to multibuy retain the order of items
Keywords: ui, market, multibuy
Note: When you make a shopping list out of client and paste it to multibuy, the order of the items gets scrambled. This makes it more difficult to compare off-client market price data to the price offered on the market.

3 Likes

I think they mentioned T2 salvage drones in the last Vegas event. I could be wrong though. Those videos are long.
Also, if we get the T2, maybe we could also get an ORE version too? I can only hope.

Save a wreck in each room, then turn the mission in, THEN salvage. You can just warp between the bookmarked wrecks from each room as all the mission furniture (including acceleration gates) will be gone.

2 Likes

I agree with this. Zero transparency should mean zero transparency, when shaders are set to low and you’re in an amarr station it’s hard as crap to read text.

Transparency in this screenshot is set to OFF, this window should be opaque.

1 Like

Suggestion: Consider adding CPU+PG V to the default skillset

Keywords: skills, alpha
Note: These are almost a 3 week combined train on alpha accounts and so massively important to frigate fits (seriously, Amarr frigs without them). Without wanting to pour on the melodrama too much it basically killed my urge to login.

Considering this would need a skill rework and a module rework it is hardly a small thing.