Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Apply Skill Points defaults to number of points for next skill level
Keywords: UI, default, number entry

When I apply skill point to a skill I normally want to skill it up to the next level.

Rather than just display the number of skill point for next level as text
pre-populate the value in the input field
so I just have to OK to take skill to next level

value in input field should be capped by number of available skill points of course

3 Likes

You’re welcome to waste your time. A thread like this is looking for misspellings and things of that nature.

Very specifically NOT things that require any sort of design or approval.

Suggestion:
Save Shortcuts to a file to import on my other characters

Keywords:
Settings, Shortcuts,

Notes:
Having just reinstalled cause it was running through steam instead of standalone EVE. Knew I would have to redo all my window set ups and import my overview, but then i got to doing my shortcuts on only 2 of MANY characters in my accounts took 30 minutes to just get my mains parodied across the other characters and have 3 or 4 more active characters I’ll slowly change into my personal shortcuts but it being a spreadsheet of command and shortcut, figure this could be a small QoL thing someone might want to tackle in their time at the office.

This might be fixed by setting up the launcher profiles or whatever but it should be simple in game solution to import a saved file of my shortcuts from my main like my overview.

2 Likes

You can indeed backup and restore your settings - A tool like this makes it super simple.

I still think this is a good idea - more of our settings should have in-game options for import/export.

1 Like

Counterpoint- it may be deliberately to make it impossible to accidentally spend SP. You currently have to make the conscious decision to type a value into the field, then click apply.

Suggestion: Bookmarks need a “Default Location” where bookmarks are being saved to regardless of what location you set before.
Keywords: UI, bookmarks, saving bookmarks
Notes: I find it rather annoying that saving locations for bookmarks carry over between different saving sessions. When I saved a bookmark into a specific folder, that folder is now the new standard even though I do not want to save the next bookmarks into that folder. Instead of this behavior, the saving location should default back to either the main folder or a specifically set folder.

1 Like

Maybe so, but Karkur has clearly implemented some pretty “big” quality of life improvements from user-suggestions in this thread and the previous threads and back on the now “old” forums before.

Hell, even the assign favorite drone group and launch those drones with a single keyboard press is a pretty major QoL change, even if it was fairly easy to add to the shortcuts list. And who knows, maybe it wasn’t so easy? With that POS/drone code, you never know.

Suggestion: Like Access Lists, member lists of chats, mailing lists, blocked lists, allowed lists and lists of mails in mailing lists and mails need a search field.
Keywords: UI, mailing list, search field, search, member lists, lists
Notes: It is quite annoying having to search through 40+ pages of characters to find one specific character or a specific mail header in 30+ pages of mails.

This search field should also have the feature, especially in member lists for mailing lists and chats, to search for corps and alliances. I regularly have to go through 49 pages of a member list, paste the entries in Excel, copy and paste the char names into dscan.info to see the alliances and corps of a single page, all that in order too kick people from a mailing list that are not welcomed there. This is very tedious.

1 Like

Suggestion: Items sorting by purchase date. It may be new column like ‘purchase date’ or something like that (same as est. price)
Keywords: UI, inventory, grid, column, sorting
Notes: It would be handy to see my new items (which now are marked with that strange red dot) at top of the list. Imagine 100 different similar but different modules at my Jita stash and now lets assume that I’ve bought 5-7 new ones and trying to find them…

Suggestion: Removal (or increase) of the drone assist limit.
Keywords: Drones, assist, fleets
Notes: The drone assist limit of 10 pilots’ drones (50 drones max) to a single pilot’s ship was instituted a few years ago in the age of the Slowcat (~250 Archons) fleets and the oft-complained-of Ishtars Online shield-tanked 100MN AB drop-sentries-and-avoid-the-enemy Ishtar fleets. Slowcat Archons are literally impossible to do now (no more sentries or any drones at all, no more triage, no more Archons used as droneboats). And the Ishtar (and sentries) were both nerfed back then as well. Could we get a removal of that limit or at least an increase from 50 drones (10 fleetmates) to 1 drone bunny pilot up to say 100 (5 each from 20 fleetmates) to said pilot?

Suggestion : When replying to a mail in a mailing list, add the mailing list as default recipient instead of the pilot that sent the mail you’re replying to.
Keywords : mail
Notes : I see it happening again and again that people have to resend the mail because they forgot to manually add the mailing list as recipient. Not to mention having seen it maybe over a hundred times that people did remember, when it really should have been unnecessary.

1 Like

Suggestion: Remove the Red Dots
Why: Pointless and annoying

4 Likes

Suggestion: New landmarks would be good for exploration
Why: exploration is good

2 Likes

This will save both the game and the players a lot of processing/connection lagg when undocking but how about an option to always be zoomed out at the furthest distance when you first undock or have it so it remains at the distance you last used it from the last time you were logged into game on that clone/account.

This way it takes less time to load because your screen isn’t full of ship and station structure spam when you first exit a structure and then you have less of a chance of disconnecting because of it at the same time.

They already made it so if you undock, zoom out, dock up and undock again it remains zoomed out and then you’re loading much quicker next time.

Genius idea or is there something about the mechanics of EVE that makes this completely impossible in this game?

3 Likes

Suggestion: Extend the “Split Stack” interface
Why: See below…

Add another option to this popup, with radio buttons before both. The second option should be “number of stacks” so I can take a stack of items and split it into x number of even stacks (with some rounding maths).

So I can take 100’000 items and quickly turn them into 5 stacks of 20’000 for example. Not split stack, 20’000 4 times.

6 Likes

Yeah this would have been useful early on I used to split tons of stacks when doing my hauling to make it harder for gankers to guess the total value of my cargo. I had to stop doing it after awhile because it actually got quite boring when they would stop shooting at me because it was too much effort to follow me around and try to get an accurate idea of the value of cargo.

Now I try cramming extra value into the cargo just to bait at least one ganker try and shoot me to keep things exciting and myself awake while I do my travelling. Sometimes I have actually fallen asleep with no modules running and high value cargo sitting 20km off gates and wake up hours later and nothing happened.

Maybe they thought I was baiting them by pretending to be AFK mid travel.

Suggestion: Show Info - remember which tab was opened
Keywords: ui, show info, QOL
Note: Useful when rapidly opening many show info screens

Right now the UI remembers the number of tabs from the left was selected the last time show info was opened. My suggestion to remember the actual tab that was selected. This is annoying when checking info on many people in local, since not everyone has a bio the tab switches back and forth.

1 Like

Please make a hot key for the regroup command for fleet command positions. This would be incredibly helpful for boxing and anchoring in fleets.

1 Like

Warp fleet, wing, squad hotkeys would also be nice. Context menus kind of suck :stuck_out_tongue:

Implants =>Increase the availability of the Advanced and Elite Implants
I believe that the availability of Advanced and Elite Implants will have a large impact on increasing Manufacturing, Mining, the use of Jump Clones, and reducing the costs of lower quality Implants. especially if the named implants are expanded up to the Advanced levels.