Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: please add filters to the Bookmarks (“L” key) window. For example personal and corp bookmarks, and filtering for bookmark names.
Keywords: ui, bookmarks

1 Like

1. Beacons in space are categorised.

2. Rookie ships auto explode after X days (when in station)

3. Move the X on multibuy/sell orders to the right of the price box

Tags: UI, clutter, trash, market, buy, sell

1. I don’t want all beacons to be on my overview.
    Possible categories: Faction
    Gate/no gate
    event / normal

2. Save me clearing them up from moving around.

3. Sometimes it appears disappears as you hover over the item name making it a pain in the ass to click on it consistently if you wanna quickly remove a bunch of items from the order.

2 Likes

Surely, this is very easy. Additional methods include double-clicking, as well as right-click -> board ship.
However, the UI allows you to perform this dragging action, and the user intent by performing this action is very clear - they almost definitely want to board the ship, assuming the drag/drop was actually intentional.

Therefore, since these simple facts exist, we may as well make this user-performable action generate the intuitively expected result, not because this is the only or best way to perform this action.

Time clock localization within the game

The Basic idea would be simple just make the internal game clock spit out the localized time. Trying to always convert GMT makes things difficult with needing timers and such out of game for events instead of having it as the players natural timezone. Could be only client side, not server wide as I think thatd cause issues.

Suggestion: Add an icon in the Route HUD element that tells you which route setting (shorter, safer, low sec) you have chosen.
Keywords: UI, route settings, autopilot
Notes: –

2 Likes

Suggestion: Show mutplasmid percentages with more digits
Keywords: ui, items, mutaplasmid
Mutaplasmid modifier % numbers are rounded to nearest whole number. But the actual modifier can have significant difference smaller than that.
For example decayed gyrostabilizer mutaplasmid says damage modifier is “-0% - +1%” while in reality it is “-0.5% - +1%”. (seen in image below)

2 Likes

Suggestion: Use mutaplasmid modifier multiplier/percentages consistently
Keywords: ui, items, mutaplasmid
Some mutaplasmid effects are shwon as multipliers.
Some are shown as percentage changes.

They should be all be either one or the other. Not a mixture of both sprinkled around.
Screenshot: One modifier is multiplier, the other is percentage change. There is no reason for them to be different.

Suggestion: Remote “Stack All” in assets window
Keywords: performance, ux, assets
Note: search "metal scraps"

2 Likes

Suggestion: “Expand All” and “Collapse All” asset locations
Keywords: ux, assets
Note: Exploring all assets or asset search results is painful. Sometimes I want to collapse most locations to minimize clutter, sometimes I want to explore what I have. I have an unreasonable number of item locations to click through individually and toggle the visibility state, manipulating them all together would be a big improvement

3 Likes

if you are looking under personal assets, each station/region is collapsed until you expand it, and it just looks overall whatever is in… if you have containers, it does not list what is in containers if im not mistaken. but you are able to still see inside the containers.

Suggestion: More “Expire” options in bookmarks
Keywords: bookmarks, expiration, wormholes

Even when collapsed to its smallest size, the New Location window has ample room for at least three more expiry options, which would be super-useful for wormhole users:

I’d rather the three-hour be four (and that would cover EoL holes) then we could add 16 hr, 24hr, and some other length to cover appropriate expiry for all hole types.

3 Likes

Suggestion: “Job Ready For Delivery” notification
Keywords: industry, noise, notification

1 Like

*I’m posting this here also because it seems DEVs are not reading my " [Suggestions for a customizable Market Quickbar) post in suggestions.

Suggestion: Last position is remembered when switching between and scrolling in quickbar and browse tabs.
Keywords: market, quickbar, quality of life
Note: When switching between quickbar and Browser tab the position i leave the tabs in is not remembered, the client doesn’t not remember where in the list i was when i switch back.

The behavior is strange, when switching between “quickbar” and “browse” tabs and i DON’T scroll the list the client remembered where i left the position, but when you scroll in either of the tabs the position of the other tab is changed.

Reproducing the behavior:

Open market window, go to quickbar, scroll to a position, switch to browse tab, do not scroll, switch back to quickbar, you should see that the position is as you you left it.

Now open quickbar, scroll to a position in the list, switch to browse, scroll up or down, switch back to quickbar. You should now see that the position has changed.

This behaves the same the other way around.

This is also very annoying when using the both tabs to do my thing, each time i switch to one or another i have to again scroll to find the item i was watching in the other tab

2 Likes

Suggestion: Make so that the client register the data of created and filled buy orders, to allowing the linking of buy orders to the fees paid.
Keywords: Transactions history, ESI, market data
Note: Right now only sell orders can be linked with transaction fees one pays. Buy order fees is paid when the order is created but when the order is filled fully or partially no ESI data can be linked to the fees one pais for filled orders.

When a buy order is created the fee data can not be pulled from the client and used in third party apps. The client could create an “ID” for buy order and the fees and an “ID” when the buy order is filled, then use those IDs to link the orders. That data can then be pulled just like filled sell orders to be displayed in third party apps.

Example:

Buy order is created for 5 units 1 milliom each. You pay a broker fee 1000 isk. The client registers that as : Item ID + number of items ID + order ID + Fee ID.

1 item is filed (out of 5): The client uses the: Item ID + Item ID price + Broker fee ID divided by 5 and displays it in the journal.

The data is then removed from the client after 30 days or it is saved longer locally.

1 Like

Suggestion: The information fields in the Agency window (such as “? Signature Types”) should show the tool tip when you hover over the text and not just when you hover over the question mark.
Keywords: UI, agency, tooltips
Notes: –

1 Like

Suggestion: The information fields in the Agency window (such as “? Minerals”) should be linkable from Pointer Window.
Keywords: UI, agency, tooltips

1 Like

Suggestion: Open Cargo Retrieve
Reason: Its the opposite to Open Cargo Deposit, would save docking each time.

Allow us to hide NPC corps that we have 0 LP with OR remove them from the list of corporations if we have 0 LP with that NPC corp.

I cannot see the point of showing corps that have a 0 level of LP, it is messy.

Oh god yes this PLEASE!

Suggestion: Chat Channel ACLs
Keywords: Chat, Channels, QoL, ACLs
Note: Makes things easier when managing your channels.

Can we get chat channels put onto an ACL system, so the next time a corp decides to leave my alliance, I don’t have to manually update the allowed/blocked/operator lists for a few dozen channels?

6 Likes