Little things / Small QoL suggestions

1. Filter ANY window by 2 or more criteria

Tags: UI

In any window that has a table, allow filtering of the columns by priority.

Overview?: Filter first by icon then by Character Name

Market?: Filter first by Distance, then by price

Market orders?: Filter first by distance then by name

Compare tool?: First by attribute then by price

2 Likes

Filter? Or sort?

Ideally FILTER as in the Microsoft Excel FILTER function.
Sort by more than one column heading and remove values [between] [specific values] or [not].

1 Like

Please add contacts and blocklists to such an ACL system as well, so we don’t have to update individual contacts and blocks over multiple toons.

5 Likes

:red_circle:
Suggestion: Searching for something on the market/fitting should not break/remove the category breakdown.
Keywords: UI, market, fitting window, search, market categories
Notes:

grafik

This is hideous. Weapon rigs, tank rigs, ewar rigs, speed rigs, cap rigs, etc all mixed together and sorted alphabetically. This makes it impossible to find something from a specific category unless you know the exact name.

THIS is something CCP should have introduced instead of automatic category expansion/collapse all buttons.

4 Likes

And you think putting it where it doesn’t belong will help?

Oh yes, we have the huge lore breaking unload without docking and of course the care bears want to take the mile and have load without docking.

1 Like

Suggestion: Fittings use same infrastructure as Locations
Reason: fitting management is really limited, new Locations infrastructure is quite good.

I really like the way the new Locations infrastructure works. So, do the same for fittings. ACL-based, with a limited number of folders “active” at any one time, but ability to have many more inactive. Say, 300 fittings per list, up to four active, plus up to four more inactive (or whatever the database can manage).

1 Like

Suggestion: New UI element to display Skill Paths
Keywords: ui, Skill, display only
Note: More Focused Display of the Skill Universe

I was pleasantly surprised to see the Activity Tracker when it came out. I would like to see something like it for the Skills world.

Imagine the center as blank, surrounded by concentric circles, 1 for each Rank 1-16. On each ring/Rank line would be the Skills of that Rank with two initials above each Skill, which would indicate the primary and secondary attributes, and the 5 boxes of each Skill would be moved in one box for each level trained. They would start outside the rank line for untrained Skills, and if fully trained would be completely inside the Rank line. Each Skill level would be dark if not trained and white otherwise. The Skill name would alternate/adjust in their placement above/below to allow more space for their names to fit.

Next imagine radial sections that would cover the Skill groupings. and my last and most important part would be lines linking from the Skills and levels that allow for the Skill. If the Skill book was present then the Skill name and box, would be highlighted.

The rest of the information about the Skill would still be available in the existing Skills area of the Character Sheet.

After that is accomplished and tested an additional function would switching from the display above to the existing Skill display /w Skill training queue, and back, focused on a specific Skill.

2 Likes

I’d like to point out they are “collapse top tier” buttons. When you open the top tier you wanted to be neatly collapsed you will find it is not.

Edit: Oh, it looks like they did it the right way this time.

A whole new UI element is hardly a small thing.

If you post non-small items here they get ignored.

Suggestion: Make tooltips actually useful. The Ewar effect bar tooltips should behave like those in the industry window where you can click on things to show info and lock them.
Keywords: UI, ewar effects bar, tooltips
Notes: It is quite annoying that you see in the tooltip what exactly jams you but in the right click menu you have to figure out that info from a list of several identical targets.

Suggestion: Allow for ignoring certain corporations in the recruitment tool.
Keywords: UI, Recruitment, Corporation
Notes: There are some corps that I don’t want to join that consistently get recommended, and there are suggestions for the corp I’m currently in. This is kind of annoying and I wish there was a way to ignore or block corps of your choosing in the recruitment tool so they don’t show up.

1 Like

Suggestion: Emote palette for local chat.

I often take part in lively discussions on Reddit and got to wondering what it is that makes them so lively and engaging. Then I had an Eureka moment… Emotes!

It can be difficult to project tone and intent over text alone and I have a theory this is part of why losec is such a violent place. No matter how complimentary I imagine my own tone in my head, it comes across cold and harsh, so I have a theory, it’s the same for everybody!

Think about it! Ppl in losec probably are actually nice regular folks that want to mine an shoot rats but the environment of mistrust that slowly took shape after the very first misunderstanding ever was only exacerbated by the harsh limitations of few lines of text in transmitting ppl’s true feelings. Ppl might not actually want to be this way but dont know how to react except in fear and start shooting.

I think emotes would provide ppl a way to begin stepping out of the cold harsh shadow of mistrust and begin to trust again. Losec could be a place of mining fleets and mid-tier PVE, an empty canvas so frustratingly drawn with black and white outlines of what could be a glorious painting of space harmony and industry if only we could paint it!

Also :clap: give :clap: us :clap: back :clap: old :clap: wallets :clap: they :clap: were’nt :clap: broke.

Add “Find in Personal Assets” by right clicking on a module from the ship fitting screen.

Right now you have to press “Show info” first and then from top(hamburger) menu you can do it…

2 Likes

Yeah, so, can we get the sun glare reduced?

1 Like
Suggestion: Scan resolution setting saved per planet
Keywords: ui, PI, less clicks
Note: Less shuffling with every planet change

Make the scan resolution setting automatically saved per planet. Now it stays in the same position (last position) with every planet change because it’s global.

7 Likes

Suggestion: Allow more jump clones in citadels
Keywords: jump clones, make life easier
Note: The number of jump clones is too restrictive and a pain to get around. Not unusual to have say a super clone, T3 clone, links clone and so on in a staging citadel. You are thus forced to leave them scattered in citadels in system and jump in whichever one is needed for each fleet.

1 Like

Suggestion: In the ‘Attributes’ tab of the info window, show base value and modified value as separate columns, or a window to show a log of changes and effects.

Keywords: Item, module, information, modifiers, traits

Note: As it currently stands there is no way to trace back what affects each attribute i.e. Skills, Modules, Skills for ship traits, implants, etc. It would be nice to more easily see the breakdown of contributing modifier to each attribute.

6 Likes

give us option under show on market/contract to show on hypernet so we can search for wanted ship type