Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Racial Backgrounds for Racial Isotopes
Keywords: UI
Note:

12 Likes

Suggestion: Enable green screen for ships
Keywords: ships, greenscreen, videomaking, UI, skins
Note: Add to ships preview same functionality we have for characters

I can enable green screen on character portraits, I’d like to be able to add a green screen to the ships, proposal is to add a checkbox in skin selection that removes the background and puts a green (or blu/whatever possibly selectable color because some skins may have green tonalities) screen instead.

Added: Also add the possibility for a white background, backgrounds go with the empire nebulas and have different colors thus affecting how the skins looks like.

6 Likes

Suggestion: When buying an item from market which still has an impossible price in the new market system because the sell order is old, price is adjusted automatically and an error message “no matching order found” appears. Fix it.

Sounds like you’re looking for something like https://eve-nt.uk/designer/

QoL: Allow contracts to be made out of Station Vault Containers and the like. Add a drop-down with tick boxes or something. Right now, it forces us to put all items into the main item hangar for contracting purposes. things can get very messy, very quick.

Also add the option to copy/highlight+copy JUST the items in the contract, at the end of the contract process (before pressing finish). Right now you can only copy all (this includes the entirety of the text in the window) and it is badly formatted for copying (all words attached to each other etc.)

4 Likes

Suggestion: Add an item similar to Pilot Body Resculpting that would allow a character to remap attributes.
Keywords: attributes, remap, pilot services
Notes: Might have to put a delay between uses, or limit use somehow

Suggestion: Put a tooltip on owned ships that a character can edit, visible only to self.
Keywords: Ship Name, tooltip
Note: A character could add more description to ships in inventory that could only be viewed by that character.

Suggestion: Indicate which way a ship is pointing on the compass rose.
Keywords: ship direction, compass rose
Notes: If you are zoomed out, it is difficult to see which way your ship is pointing, especially if you are tracking another object. You could indicate which way your ship is pointing on the compass, which would also tell you if any warpable sigs or anoms were in the same direction.

2 Likes

Suggestion: The Red Badge should be transformed into an indicator that tells you if a container has contents or not.
Keywords: UI, containers, hangar, red badge, indicator
Notes: Make the red badge actually useful and redeem it from its current idiotic implementation.

2 Likes

Suggestion: A History tab in the Industry window.
Keywords: UI, industry window, tabs, history tab, job history
Notes: It is really annoying having to switch to the Completed Jobs filter, sort by Completed time to see recently finished jobs at the top and then having to switch back to active jobs and sort by Status to see the next to finish jobs at top. A separate tab for completed jobs would make things so much easier.

1 Like

Suggestion: Auto-group weapons
Keywords: UI, combat, fitting, modules
Notes: An option to auto-group weapons on new fits, please. I’ve literally never not wanted my weapons grouped.

Suggestion: The ability to name buildings in PI.
Keywords: PI, planetary interaction
Notes: Would help to get materials to the right buildings.

7 Likes

Suggestion: The ability to split a stack of items into piles with n items each
Keywords: UI, inventory
Notes: Would really help to add another context menu item that splits stacks into amounts that you could specify. Shift-drag is very slow, especially for PI.

4 Likes

Suggestion: 10m² special Inventory group in every ship only for Boosters/Drugs (like the seperated inventory group for subsystems only for t3cs)
Keywords: ui, boosters, inventory
Note: seperate inventory window and scrolling through ammo types and nanite paste or even worst,…4 different sets of used crystals, just to find the right little pill to swallow, is kinda 1999 Gameplay.

No, you cant fix it with CONTAINERS …the smallest one is already 100m² and wont work for dessis and lower, and often u need all the space you can get for cap charges anyway.

It should be a SIMPLE thing to add 10m² seperated from the normal inventory of a spaceship into a seperate box that we can open in a seperate window, only filled with all the nice little drugs and boosters (no i dont talk about CapBoosters) we need.

Or give us a Micro Ship Container that has 10m² …

It is a small change, but 999IQ Improvement 4 life.

PS: please dont say FILTERS

2 Likes

I recently found out that pressing “L” while in space, brings up a neat list of bookmarks you have in that system - local bookmarks. Might get close to what you suggest. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Yeah if you have hundreds of bookmarks in the system, that actually will not work, figured.

1 Like

Or change the colours and shapes of them so each one looks different on first glance.

Suggestion: Make all structures in all sites explodable.

Reason: Not all sites, like the new EDENCOM sites for example, have explodable structures. It’s awesome to look at the explosions!

But filters ARE perfect for this?
I know the pain of the crystals, one of my best filters is “-Ammo” hides all types of ammo.

1 Like
  1. On the new wallet > Overview would it be possible to add a section which shows the difference between Income and Expenses so we can see an exact figure. Yes i know you can do the maths but a visual indicator there on screen would be quicker and easier to read.

2. Would it also be possible to add a new section which shows the value of items in each of the locations that you have items in (Stations/Outposts etc).

3. On the Wallet > Overview when we click the listings, could we then see a breakdown of those items included under the percentage shown.

Suggestion: Ability to see Frequency Crystal (and Mining Crystal) damage without needing to load it into a turret
Keywords: Frequency Crystals, Mining Crystals, UI
Note: Quality of Life

How things currently work:
In order to see how much a frequency crystal is damaged, you have to put it into a turret and then look at the tool tip.

How I would like it to work:
Damage bars allow you to see at a glance about how damaged frequency crystals are. Tool tip always shows exact damage amount, even when crystal is sitting in inventory

13 Likes