Marauder ideas

wait why does minmatar keep its same weapon but gallente get drones

The reason I make the statement that which weapon system for the second Marauder for Minimatar and Gallente is based on AF/HAC design

however, the recent change to Jaguar means it may not be necessary for Minimatar to have 2 Projectile boat (can be Armour or Shield Missile Boat )

only tricky part is Drone Boat, is how you balance around their slots so they would have 4 high utility (3 + Bastion) without making them too oppressive with Neut/NOS

1 Like

i mean HAC they always had 1 missile 1 project…

just give them 4 highs

but that’s not even the issue with giving them drones. the issue is drones wouldn’t have staying power. it would run out of drones long before its tank failed

1 Like

I wouldn’t say a decade, but they have received more attention in the past few years with numerous new ships and balance passes. I guess what I meant is that there is no drone ship that can match the DPS of any comparable weapon.

Sentry drones can’t touch hybrids, missiles or projectiles in terms of raw damage. At best you’re still about 20-25% less damage while being pinned in place and limited in maneuverability.

1 Like

they have about the same or more dps compared to any long range weapon system of the same size…

How about giving the ship a trait that says: the drones’ HP is increased as long as the bastion module is active?

1 Like

make them to strong and they become broken and i don’t think you can ever give them enough HP that the work with marauders and aren’t broken as drones.

even if you did you now have a marauder in bastion vulnerable to ECM

In less than 3 weeks we’re going to see the true definition of “broken”.

hardly

the tri ships are crap and the drop rates on mutagens are going to keep any broken ones pretty rare

1 Like

The only Idea I could think up that could, in theory, make Drone Marauder workable is the special module or special bonus that allows Marauder and Drone share their hp/EWAR resistance

1 Like

With spare highs, could RR drones.

1 Like

you’re clearly stuck in a pve mindset if you think that would work

I think we can work around it though.
The siege and triage modules give the ship remote repair impedance, measured in a percent. If the way it is described is actually the same as the code works, this means the recieved repair amount can also be increased.
The way to make drones active tanked is giving the marauder a trait that says: remote repair effect on drones is increased by a percent. This won’t turn the ship into a logi, and won’t make it better with logi support than it is now, as only the drones are affected.
The only thing we need to solve is the remote rep range issue.

1 Like

but the rep amount isn’t the problem…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.