More skill hungry ( battle - )ships - more impact/benefits please - pirate ships>marauders :((

Last night I was running L4 mordus mission in Vargur.I generally play very aggressive so I aggro the whole room and shoot ships down very quickly.I don’t have cap stable fit either.
Got disconnected.I manage to connect again after two or three minutes and my shield was down to 35%.
What I would like is that Marauder can warp out even with active bastion just like other ships warp out if dced.

2 Likes

The one benefit to cap stable Marauder fits. Which considering the number of socket closures, disconnects and DDoS attacks probably isn’t a bad idea.

You forgot to list in that, number of Comcast customers. I’ve been Comcasted far more than anything else you’ve listed.

Edit: also precisely why I refuse to bastion.

That would be exploitable in one way or another. If you’re worried about dcs while in bastion marauders are able to be cap stable with fairly little sacrifice compared to other bs.

1 Like

The main question for marauders is still the “what is it good for”.

For level 4, it’s a mere convenience to have Bastion. For PvP, well… you can still brawl camps and if they can’t bring enough dps (which isn’t easy but not too hard either), they are screwed.

The only thing Marauders really excell at seem to be wormholes.

Yes, you can argue that the precious tractor beam is so super useful for missions. Fitting an MWD on a navy raven does almost the same and the RNI does as well as the Golem with CM’s, so there’s that.

A specialized ship needs to really excell at a useful thing, but it’s hard to do that when the Rattle can outdps you while having a similar tank (on reasonable fits) at the same time. However, I don’t think marauders are broken. I think the rattle is just too good.

OP does not want it easier. Missions are easy enough already.

What OP wants is to be able to run them even faster,
because then he makes more money.

Most probably realised this already.

Marauders are the absolute best ship for HS structure killing.

A narrow niche, but they are absurdly good at it. They are excellent in HS wars in general, although they usually do need some support.

1 Like

i lost a paladin one time only because i got a carrier dropped on me and neuted.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.