More skill hungry ( battle - )ships - more impact/benefits please - pirate ships>marauders :((

You all know what the solution is, don’t you? Dread guns with 99% reduction in powergrid requirements.

2 Likes

“can fit assault damage control”

I mean, remove the bastion immobility, the bastion resist, add bastion 5% dps per level in marauder skill, add assault damage control.

powergrid would not be enough for golem.

Im sorry, I dont think you should be running lv 4 missions with marauders period. you can run lv 5,s or run c4, c5 sites solo… or dual boxing to make a killing income. its meant to be expensive, and it fits a specialty role which id hate to see ccp change. I particularity am a fan of the vargur as its balanced between high dmg, and cap stable, decent range with all ammo selections available. my favorite is dual boxing c4’s making 600 mil an hour. takes about ten min a site. machs and rattlers used to cost around a billion isk more or less before marauders got their balance.

I agree with a dmg bonus to all marauders but no other changes… i think they sit nicely for pve and pvp potential

edit, okay maybe add some cap stability to the kronos.

2 Likes

If CCP would remove the escalations from anomalies and only made the DED complexes probable, that would help a ton.
I never minded to probe them down, so all of the DED complexes I ever ran in null were from looking and probing.
sooper dooper bot farming anomalies is profitable enough.

Alternatively - if they’re already immobile shouldn’t they all be able to deploy a full flight of sentry drones. It only makes sense

OP liking rattlesnakes because they require less attention doesn’t really mean marauder are broken.

I feel like Marauders are fine the way they are, just not at the current price point. They used to be 800m, I had no problem paying that. I feel like at the current price of 1.7b, they should come with a decent fit lol. They are pretty niche, yeah, blitzing in Machs and ignoring salvage is a way to bring in max ticks, but ticks isn’t the most important thing in this game… Having fun is still #1 in most pilots minds, blitzing is boring AF… Running missions, salvaging and reprocessing, in turn using that for helping build ships for corpmates and contributing to the alliance still a thing… Perhaps the skill reqs are steep and they could do without the tractor bonus and give it something else… But at the end of the day, you can tank a Nid/thanny until backup arrives, all the while laughing at the 10k HP reps.

1 Like

Actually after having made several hundreds of missions, blitzing is much more fun than going through the full clear and salvaging.

1 Like

I also think Marauders are perfectly fine the way they are. The tractor bonus you mention is probably a mixed blessing…it almost certainly damns the vessels as PvE ships first and foremost, but it IS very useful in PvE.

But I have the distinct feeling it’s a sort of “freebie” bonus. If you convince CCP to be rid of it, I don’t think you’ll get anything to replace it. It’ll just be lost forever. But on the off-chance it were somehow possible to replace, I’d enjoy a good 400% bonus to the optimal range of stasis grapplers. Such a change would help inch them over ever so slightly into being more viable PvP combat vessels while still providing some PvE utility too. It would also somewhat justify having a bastion mode that locks you in place. You could at least point to the ship bonuses and say “Well, yes you’re locked down, but you’re supposed to lock down the enemy with you.”

Price point is a problem with most T2 ships these days. Someone on the forums once said that the DEVs expected the price point of T2 ships to be…a little less than half of what they currently are. I don’t know if it’s true, but I could imagine that being a very viable price for them and I’d certainly be much more open to risking them in combat there. But EvE is as much of a sandbox as it can be, and the DEVs can’t do much to control prices. That’s entirely upon players. So don’t ever expect marauders to come down in price.

1 Like

I dig the stasis web bonus, even if it was a bastion module buff, like the rep bonuses and such. ALL the Marauders would benefit from a good stasis bonus.

If you don’t include the building modules/ships and contributing more to your corporation/alliance like I followed with. I suppose a truly solo player would just blitz. To me, that sounds boring, like Diablo. Run dungeons to get gear, to run dungeons faster, to get gear faster.

With the money I get from missions I can buy bpos, structures, fuel, and even make ships for newbros to lose them.

If I was looting/salvaging I would make much less isk, it would be more boring, and I would help much less the people.

amen, the shorter I spend shooting uninteresting red boxes the better. Blitzing is the way I want to do just about everything.

I hear it’s the best way to get across Europe.

5 Likes

I have no problem with marauders costing more than capitals ships. As soon as all level 4 missions pay out 400m for 2 minutes, I am all good.

1 Like

Marauder are great and people are only complaining because they cost 1.5 bn while machariels cost 500m. If they were both around 900-1bn it would be fine. But Isk is a bad thing to balance on. Marauders have a number of advantages over pirate B.S., and if those advantages are important to you a marauder is worth it. Marauder have great damage projection, and can do great damage and fit 4 damage mods without breaking a sweat, or caring about powergrid issues. Marauder achieve supertank status very easily, with siege you can facetank everything with a 2-3 slot tank with no or only minimal faction/deadspace modules. This also makes marauder unattractive gank targets. Marauders can also very easily achieve high capstable permatanks, with minimal hit to dps or isk investment, which is great if you wantt to notb actually pay attention when missioning, or have an unstable connection. Also, marauder may not move like a mwd-ing machariels, but they can fit mwd and mjd and be very mobile in a mission pocket, again while having plenty of tank and mids for tracking comps. And their utility highs, tractor beam bonuses, and large cargobays are very very nice to have, even if those advantages arent as amszing as they were before MTUs and noctises.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily have a problem with the price tag for Marauders, but I wish there was an alternative to the Bastion module.

Bastion Module: Existing bonuses, 0% range bonus, +25% capacitor recharge
Assault Module: No velocity penalty, +25% range bonus, +25% rate of fire bonus

It would be a giant, unnecessary buff, but I like the idea. But how about just make the bastion module scriptable?

go back a few years, Pirate BS were up around a bil each for a hull. I got my first vindi at 950 mil and my first NM at 1.2bil.