More skill hungry ( battle - )ships - more impact/benefits please - pirate ships>marauders :((

I think it was initially designed to, but people broke it fast enough for CCP to remove the mass bonus.

1 Like

good to know, I have Marauders V but never flown one so Iā€™m no expert

1 Like

I bought mine when they were first introduced and under a bil, although with all the various patches they are in a very different place from then. Like I was saying in another post, running empire kill missions was worth a ton of money looting all the tags and meta4 items. A marauder was perfect for that.

I probably wouldnā€™t buy one these days at 1.4-1.6bil though. Like people have said faction BS do a better job in missions, and capitals for most nullsec activities. Plus with burner missions I donā€™t want to sit around looting in a bs hull.

Something like a siege level damage bonus would just be straight up broken. but also CCP doesnā€™t seem to care about straight up broken these days so maybe we will see it.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t found a use for one, though Iā€™ve been hesitant to extract those skills because it took so long to get V. Everything I do some other ship does better.

Self tacklin immobile maraudingā€¦troll lvl over 9000.

as far as I remember T2 gives you 10x damage? I wouldnā€™t mind using 50 strontium for 4 minutes and 4x the damage or something.
I mean a dread costs almost the same as a marauder

idk why people complain about price a skin for a macharial cost more than a marauder and have you seen the price of my confessor skin now it costs 3bn isk

You are either using arguments you canā€™t back up ingame or should be banned for dual boxing Alpha Accounts. Either way that is not helping your case.

2 Likes

Xploding that marauder was a mean thing to do from that Cassandra Tyrannos person.
But let me give you an honest advice: What you need isnā€™t a better ship, what you need is freindship (best shipā€¦)
Works wonders, even when drifters show up. Mission running in a one man corp is a good way to hate EVE sooner or later IMHO. No ship changes can prevent that.

If there was a bay like Dreadnoughts have for Stront, and it cost a small amount of stront to Bastion a Marauder for 60 seconds, and they got a 200% damage buff for that 60 seconds, thatā€™d be fine. Theyā€™re basically mini-dreads, and the skills you train for them are the same prequisites for capital guns.

1 Like

You are missing the OPā€™s point.

Again, missing the point entirely. Perhaps you need better concentration falloff? His point is that Missions can be done more efficiently in every way with ships that take half the time to skill for than a ship that is essentially billed as a mini dreadnoughtā€¦ that has serious drawbacks such as immobility. The Marauder is floating in a sea of undefined waste.

Right, giving a ship a coherent purpose where it isnā€™t inferior to cheaper ships that are more capable and take half the time to skill for is laughable. HAHA HAHAHAHAAA LLOLOLOOLOL!!!

Digging deep in the past there. Marauders are not good for Null due to bastion. Why would you anchor yourself in an anom with the module on and be unable to warp out when a Pirate Bs would work better. So that is why I point out the null money making . You see more marauders in Highsec because in null bastion mode is a liability, in highsec its timer is just an inconvenience. Pirate ships are better in many ways. I would like to see the carrier priced Battleship hulls be more usefull but I think CCP is afraid of good Battleships because of past reasons.

If anything because of alpha accounts being able to use faction ships, T2 ships should be taken up a notch.

And the mention of the tractor beam bonus is sarcasm. A mtu outclasses the tractorbeam bonus. At least the marauder has room to fit a coupleā€¦

2 Likes

Marauders are also good at high-class wormhole anomalies, where you are basically forced to stay in-site due to tackle.

They also get really powerful tanks which is necessary for C4/C5 ratting, the only thing is the tractor beam bonus is basically useless in this day and age. If CCP took off the weapons timer, changed the tractor beam bonus to a smartbomb bonus, theyā€™d be literally perfect.

Although Iā€™d still love Bastion to give an additional DPS bonus, since Marauders at their current price are still literal mini-dreads >.>

3 Likes

This is probably the only good case for their usage.

MTUs are dumb and go for the closest wreck, a marauder tractor can typically get the loot can that is needed to finish a mission. Or pull in the wrecks you want to loot. Marauders are still great for the empire kill missions as they can tank, kill, and loot all at the same time.

The tractor bonus is a pretty random utility bonus, I really doubt ccp would just drop it to add an all around useful bonus.

To buttress this pointā€¦

I have a lot to say about Marauders in general. But I do think the tractor beam bonus is very useful, and for exactly why Chainsaw pointed out. Just grab your mission item and go.

I love my Paladin. Itā€™s probably the most perfect ship in EvE, in terms of balanced performance. I donā€™t fly Golem, Vargur is nice but meh all around, and the Kronosā€™ (the most beautiful ship in the game) only claim to fame is high DPS that has all the range of a hard sneeze and still outclassed in both damage output + range by the Rattlesnake.

Even so, I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything on any of those ships that I would want changed because that would inevitably result in a nerf elsewhere. And like I said, I love my Paladin just the way it is. But if there is one related thing that I would like changed, and thatā€™s the bastion. If the game designers want you to self-scramble your billion-isk ship, then the tradeoff should be increased on-grid speed, not less. For me, itā€™s a game breaker. I wonā€™t use bastion, at all, ever. If Iā€™m ECMā€™d during a mission, I just overheat my sensor booster module a bit. If Iā€™m weapon disrupted, I fly smartly to counter it. But nothing that bastion does is worth the self-tackle. Not by a long shot.

People inevitably ask me then ā€œwhy fly a marauder if you donā€™t use bastion?ā€ The short answer is that I was younger, dumber, and invested a bunch of skillpoints into it before I knew of better ship options. Overall I am happy with the ships, itā€™s just the bastion thatā€™s useless to me. Unless Iā€™m already tackled, the extra rep strength is superfluous to the option of warping out anyway.

Just a random thought hereā€¦but what about different, distinct bastion modules? Like, we have the one ā€œsit and tankā€ one now. So what if we had a different bastion that, for example, didnā€™t give you the rep bonus, but instead gave you minor bonuses across the board for mobility, tracking speed (or explosion radius), scan resolution, sensor strength, and resistance to EWAR (again, asking about MINOR bonuses, compared to the immunity that bastion gives now). As for fuelā€¦sure! Both regular andā€¦assault(?) bastion modules can consume fuel. It kind of makes sense for them to do so. Theyā€™re basically activating the powerful siege engines or whatnot within the ships, so I think fuel use for them is a fine idea as long as we get something more out of these modules for it.

2 Likes

Marauders could benefit from a balance pass. For starters (and as others have mentioned), get rid of the combat timer for Bastion. Second, give them all one additional mid slot. Third, either increase the cargo capacity by 50% or give them a separate fuel bay just for ammunition and cap charges.

From an offensive standpoint, I think you could make them a lot more interesting by letting them run polarized weapons without the hit to resistances (this is actually something that could extend to all T2 hulls, actually). Doubling the tracking (missile) bonus while in Bastion or giving them a bonus to the optimal range of stasis grapplers are other interesting ideas.

Iā€™d like to see the Golemā€™s target painter bonus finally replaced by a explosion radius bonus (especially with a new grappler bonus).

4 Likes

hard to see that happening, too easy to sit there with an insane tank and just wait out timers then gate jump or dock in station.

Grappler bonus might be interesting. and I could see extra slot being a possibility, Iā€™ve always wanted an extra low on the golem for example.

1 Like

We canā€™t just demand make x or y ship stronger based on isk cost all t2 ships costs were affected by the changes in moon mining and speculation .
On the other hand excessive ded site farming led to pirate ships prices to drop.
Over time Iā€™ve found the ships useful in certain tough ded sites or lvl5 missions for their tank mjd mobility or immunity to ewar,however I do tend to agree that the bastion bonus should offer a small damage increase to put marauders an inch ahead of pirate battleships:a good sensible number would be 1300-1500 dps with max dmg ammo and 3 damage mods.

Uhhā€¦ only the frigate and cruisers have dropped in price. Pirate Battleships have stayed or increased in pricing.

The nightmare used to be around 500mil, my last check showed it near 600. Same with the rattle.

Over farming of DED sites have always been a problem, but deadspace mods havenā€™t really changed in pricing, if anything some have increased.

I will agree with the notion to increase dmg when in bastion.

2 Likes