Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Making one even as good or peaceful is going to be an interesting challenge.

2 Likes

There is nothing good or peaceful about the current Empire.

2 Likes

Shoot everyone who believes the Reclaiming is a good idea. There, this problem took about a 15 seconds to solve.

3 Likes

Hmm, yes, lets remove a cultural foundation with violence. I’m sure whatever follows it will be lovely and peaceful.

1 Like

Just like the Empire, eh? Wink wink, nudge nudge.

2 Likes

Because that worked so well for them right?

1 Like

You might want to recalibrate your “is this a genuine solution to the Amarr Problem, in an off-topic thread” -detector.

It’s like wew, people can suggest enslaving them Minmatars and nobody bats an eye, but make a stupid crack at them for a change and this happens.

4 Likes

Make stupid comments, get stupid answers I guess.

1 Like

uh … Teinyhr? It’s harder to recognize a proposal as a joke when you can find people (nearby, even, maybe) who do actually earnestly favor it.

2 Likes

I don’t really care. There are a bunch of people who casually throw around re-enslaving the free Minmatar - indeed, Amarr more or less still consider Republic rebel territories - making slights about genociding the Amarr in return really doesn’t seem disproportionate banter in my books.

Edit:
We even right now have an adjacent thread where Amarr are pretty much stroking each others proverbial phalluses about murdering those who want freedom, with their lasers of love. But sure, my nonchalant quip is the real issue here to be offended about.

3 Likes

Uh-huh. Well, if you’re okay with being misunderstood through no fault of the reader, I guess that’s … a thing I’ll try to be aware of when you seem to be saying something weird and extreme.

1 Like

Well is it really weird and extreme? I doubt it is a secret many people would consider the cluster a better place if the Amarr never crawled out of their planet. Well, marginally better I guess, Federation’s hegemony doesn’t sound too appealing either. Additional food for thought, Aria: Maybe your close ties with the Empire cloud your understanding just how reviled the Empire really is. Though I acknowledge that I might have similar confirmation biases due to the company I keep.

And I mean, seriously, the amount of nutjobs with a sizable following that have splintered from the Empire is just too damn high.

2 Likes

Close as I am to the Empire, I interact more or less daily with a range of people who never let me forget for a second how widely the Empire’s reviled, how surrounded by enemies. I also interact daily with subjects of that same reviled Empire. I see their lives and daily struggles, their compassion and cruelty and arrogance and humility and cynicism and faith. I see how they care for their families … and how little care they sometimes show the families of others.

They’re not unique in any of that.

I see how some have hurt you and yours, and also how many were merely born into this place in the world. As in every nation, children do not choose who they are born as.

Do what you must.

We’ll do the same.

And when it’s over, there will still be no justice in this world.

1 Like

It’ll never fail to amuse how you try and equivocate the various minor failings of civilized nations with the Empire’s violent and brutal subjugation of trillions as a cheap workforce. The Empire is quite demonstrably and unequivocally unique in the sheer staggering scale of its horrifying torment and suppression of quite literal trillions. They are very much unique among the four actual nations of New Eden in turning human beings into things. Property.

It’s not how “some have hurt us and ours”, Aria, and you’re not stupid enough to believe it is. It’s how the entire nation is at its very core built around doing this to our entire species, every last society of it. How it right now as we speak not only slaughter who knows how many people who’s only crime is to yearn for freedom, but is raiding outside its borders trying to add to said suffering.

Of course, it doesn’t count because you personally weren’t dehumanized and tormented by a few individuals among Empire capsuleers.

Amusing… yet sad, knowing how full well you yourself know you can’t actually justify this stance.

3 Likes

Don’t go framing things in a way that makes out like the Amarr Empire is just ‘the best they could do’. It’s a framework designed from the ground up to achieve one goal, and one goal only: Maintaining and reinforcing the power of the people at the top. Everything else is just a means to that end. The Amarr faith, the Reclaiming, the Theology Council, all of it is just the machinery that powerful people designed to let them and their preferred successors cling to power and amass ever more of it. And anyone who objects is immediately declared to be in violation of the will of some supreme being that, despite being able to literally create all of existence, somehow can’t speak for itself.

Yes, Aria, it is corrupt. It is designed to be corrupt. It was designed by the corrupt, for the benefit of the corrupt. Yes, it does a wonderful job of maintaining order, but that’s no virtue if the order being maintained is harmful and corrupt, as this one is.

Making something as good as evil, or as peaceful as a systemic, prolonged act of violence isn’t really that much of a challenge. Utter carnage fits the bill—at least it has the virtue of being honest.

You see ‘peace’ because you sit near the top of a hierarchy designed to make things stable for those high up in it. You are a capsuleer, immediately above and outside of parts of the system designed to grind dissent into dust. You rub shoulders with Holders—legitimate members of the aristocracy, in a system built to protect the aristocracy. What the empire creates isn’t peace… it’s quiet. And you seem to have lost the ability to tell the difference.

5 Likes

Sentiments expressed like this go a long way to explaining why I work so well with Krusual. Both the Gallente and Amarr suffer from a grand delusion that they, and they alone have to “perfect” humanity according to their own values. Saccharine words of good intentions cloaking the systematic abuses of a political order they created to serve their own vested interests. All for the good of those they exploit and oppress in accordance to their own misguided belief that their way of life must be the way of life of all the rest of humanity.

1 Like

Wow. That’s the nicest thing anyone’s said about me for a while.

3 Likes

It’s not meant to be complimentary, you know…

2 Likes

I do, in fact.

1 Like

Nothing wrong watching the cluster burn so long as you have a chilled vodka in hand.

1 Like