Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Miss Jenneth…I ll begin from saying on a personal note that I dont encompass any plan that will lead to more violence and bloodshed. That makes me rather a minority amongst my kin but nonetheless I am not here to also judge anybody else’s point of view on how progress is to be made. Everyone has their own path. Thus, I make clear that everything said here it is of my own and I dont speak on behalf of anyone else.

You see normally I dont partake into the forums for multiple reasons. Mainly due to how as a design they dont promote meaningful debate but grandstanding and pointless arguing. But your known ignorance(and I honestly dont mean to insult here) sometimes crosses a limit that I think you don’t understand it yourself because in the end…its not your fault.

The Republic(regardless of its setup i.e tribal versus parliamentary) , Miss Jenneth, is a construct that, despite how it is not perfect by any mean, it is a positive step forward. A step towards a political union that has never instilled predatory and expansionist sentiments towards any other. The only violent response the Republic ever has is against those who oppressed us for hundreds of years. And yet for all the ridicule, destruction and separation we have been undergone, the Republic is a construct where it tries to rise up and become something far more improved.

The greatest victory that us Matari have achieved is our resistance to becoming an offspring of the violence that we have endured. In technical terms we should have been a rogue nation rather than anything else if you account political science. Yet we try Miss Jenneth.

Do you know when the Empire last tried? Under Heideran VII where the Empire was a signatory at treaties that forbid it to acquire slaves from other nations other than criminals and POWs. At which at that time, in an Amarr fashion the vitoc also came in use. And the reason why I dont cite Empress Jamyl, is because emancipation doesn’t mean freedom, although I will give her the benefit of the doubt had she managed to elude the fatal ending she had.

The way Kahah was handled wasn’t a surprise. It was a let down. Even the liberal bloc(from which Empress Catiz hails from) acted in the only way that the Empire seems to know.

I am not an anti-Amarr Miss Jenneth, dont be mistaken. I am certain there are some political forces(that none is present in capsuleer circles from what I have seen) that wish to see a fully reformed Empire and that they are significantly the minority. I have worked in the Empire through my work and will continue to do so. For trying to be a force of progress isn’t something easy nor short length in its undertaking. But not being anti-Amarr doesn’t mean I can’t be equally critical as I am towards my own.

Everyone in the cluster agrees that the Empire that is, was not what it could be. For a Minmatar Miss Jenneth understands something that it seems to elude an Imperial, maybe aside Heideran VII himself.
Something that was said by a famous philosopher

‘Excellence is an art won by training and habituation: we do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have these because we have acted rightly’.

And thus instead of us lifting our arms and shrugging pointing at the divines, spirits, shamans, and the Empresses/Emperors for absolution of effort and responsibility what you label as:

For a Matari changes to:

People who no matter what has happened to them, no matter what the Voluval will say, the Matari will always try to act in excellence. For we owe it to uphold the memory and legacy for all those who came before us. For all those who died so we can have a Republic. A homeworld, healthcare, education, freedom of speech, rights, an assembly. We are the most populous faction in the star cluster. Not everyone and not everything will go along as positively as we would want to. Not everyone will agree and disputes shall be had.
But dont mock this forum by saying that the Empire had no choice. You the bride of a Holder. If we have achieved as a fragmented nation not to succumb to mindless violence then we have far surpassed your version of how to build a nation. And in that manner we have created something that we have to uphold. Something that by default shadows even the greatest of the Imperial undertakings throughout the long history of the Empire. Something that you will never understand the weight that rests upon each and everyone of us Matari.

2 Likes

Aria! You got married!? You never said!

2 Likes

First off, excellent post in general.

I’m sure quite a lot of people wouldn’t mind seeing a fully reformed Empire, but varying points of contention arise if that is something that is realistic to expect to ever happen.
Many people that represent Amarr by blood themselves are quite adamant that it is not, for subjugation of others is a core tenet of their religious mandate. Whether it is soft or martial power, it is still about owning the hearts and minds and bodies of others.

3 Likes

Aria got married? And I didn’t get an invitation? Suuolo. WTF?

1 Like

Realism is bound by the laws of physics…human made creations such as a political system are not subjected matters to realism but willpower.

Understanding though what you mean and discussing from a political science standpoint. Its a matter of political power really. Reforms in the Empire are rare to come by because of the structure of the Empire to maintain the status quo. But at the current setup, and ever since the Jove - Amarr war, the Empire’s status quo is always in question.

Hence why the times we are living now are of great importance for the cluster and everyone’s eyes are at the Empire as a whole. Will they make a turn to conservatism or will they try to grow beyond the limitations of their system? and how will that be achieved? Every Emperor/Empress can live up or even beyond 500 years. Empress Catiz has inherited a very tough political situation. But understanding that each new reigning Empreror/Empress signals a new reform period(with varying intensity) actually proves that reforms are not a matter of imagination and are well within the realms of possibility.Some even have argued that the fact that an Empress such as Catiz herself stands at the throne of the Empire, is a reform on its own.

These are interesting times indeed.

No, I haven’t, and I have no idea where Mr. Sepphiros is getting that.

If I did you’d both know about it without having to ask.

It’s not hard to build a community on shared opposition to something large and threatening, Mr. Sepphiros, nor on a shared experience of suffering. That’s an easy, even a basic, building block. Particularly, it’s easy to pull together against something the community sees as an absolute and foreign evil. The Caldari know well the solid mortar that is shared resentment.

It’s when the threat is gone, or distant in time or in geography, that things start to get tricky.

1 Like

I normally do not share such things, but I found this so amusing my handmaiden thought I had been drugged.

Good. I’d be upset.

I know. … It’s good to see you back, suuolo.

1 Like

Note to self for reeeeeally frustrating Aria (cuz I’m a jerk): Web/scram her, and have a dozen other people drop EC-300s on her so she can’t make me kill her.

2 Likes

Hee.

Remember though that I don’t count deaths the way you do. The one I count is the one where the flickering illusion that is myself, goes out for good.

But I’m not immortal; nor do I want to be. And if things go the way you seem to hope, there’s no guarantee our pseudo-immortality won’t itself die at some point. Actually it’s likely it will.

Chaos is hard on complicated tools.

1 Like

That’s not a bad thing. A bunch of pseudo-immortal maniacs running around amassing wealth and experience until there’s nothing they haven’t seen, no controlling authority they can’t outthink…

… yeah, that’d be bad.

3 Likes

It’s less what you said in the instant and more the pattern it fits into, “Fake Veik.”

You do this thing where you go and make broad dreadful generalizations about “how Caldari are” that make us all out to be a bunch of sociopaths but actually mostly describe you. It’s like you’re trying to say that out of all the Caldari pilots in the cluster, you’re the only one keeping it real. This, when even your own personal reality (or even reality as a person) is open to question.

You’re a cracked puzzle-box of fog and broken mirrors, a riddle that’s not worth solving, and nobody should ever listen to you. So I sometimes speak up when it looks like they’re starting to.

1 Like

You’re reading far too much into things.

1 Like

You know, I think the people that died at Colelie might take exception to that statement.

6 Likes

Also, here is the thing: I assume others are able to make distinctions.

I don’t represent all Caldari, however, I am Caldari.

You’re starting to read like Teinhyr getting in a twist that I don’t represent other capsuleers just because I happen to be one.

Don’t worry babe, I’m unique, there isn’t going to be a Veikitamo like me.

Except for Hevaima, since we share our patronymics and matronymics so we’re both Veikitamo Hevaima Gesakaarin sans our given names.

1 Like

Sure, Veik.

1 Like

It’s adorable you think I might be someone of influence enough to step in and try to warn people away.

Stop being so precious, because I operate on the principle that I am pretty damn irrelevant these days so anything I say doesn’t even really matter beyond banter.

1 Like

Indeed, my friendship can be bought via the providing of delicious food. Also alcoholic beverages.

1 Like

Oh boy, here I go wardeccing PIE again. After supper though.

1 Like