Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Jaywalking is not a crime!

1 Like

Well, excuse me for the straightforward question, but… are you dumb?
Considering I multiple times shown my disgust to terror operations and preference for professional military approaches… I highly doubt your ability to reason.

Anyone can commit any acts they like and can.
But if these actions violate the law, you WILL be caught and brought to the trial and you WILL be punished… or killed if you will dare to resist the capture.

The crime remains a crime. Court determines your complicity in order to call you a criminal or not - and assigns you a punishment.

Do you have a particular blindness for suffix “-al” to so blantantly replace word “criminal” with “crime”?
I don’t know degree you tribals are taught to think, read and write, but criminal describes a person, and crime describes an act. Not really hard to distinguish. Why your minmatar brain is unable to do that?

I already imagine how her unprocessed by UT speech might look like:

“Hello. I name Kalaratiri. I crime.”
:joy:

Glad to know you respond to criticisms of your logic with personal insults, although I don’t know why I would have expected anything else.

Yes, criminal is the word used for a person who commits a crime. However under your own statement on who can declare that a crime has been commited, unless you can get said person before a court to declare it legally, there has been no crime, so they are not a criminal.

This is the logic you’re applying to prove to yourself that the Drauganors aren’t terrorists. Surely they can’t have commited the crime of terrorism or they’d have been tried for it. Therefore they must not be terrorists.

:thinking:

2 Likes

In here, terrorism isn’t a crime, luckily You can’t trial people in here for terrorism. Maybe in the Federation with their Black Eagles you can trial people for terrorism, for not loving democracy and for other thought ‘crimes’. But not here.

Go back to wherever you came from, where you consider that you can trial people just for their reason for action. We don’t need that kind here. Maybe in Sansha Nation, maybe in Federation. But not here.

Maybe because you’re the one who was using personal attacks in the first place against me for no apparent reason? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: And you DARE to blame me in what YOU was doing? Why would you even consider I would give courtesy to someone like you? If you don’t like hearing insults from me, next time start with apologies.

Dismissed.

You don’t trial somebody differently if they accidentally kill someone in, say, a traffic wreck, compared to someone who killed someone in a pre-meditated fashion?

2 Likes

No, we don’t trial people differently if they commit different crimes.
Punishment, of course, will be different for different kind of murders. But the trial will be the same - because first it is necessary to determine whether they committed it at all or not. In case of unlawful terrorism that led to casualties the perpetrators will be trialed for premeditated murder, not “terrorism”.

Probably the last sentence. vOv

1 Like

Wasn’t even that bad…

2 Likes

Charles, you can’t just invite people to eat a stiff one. There are formalities.

3 Likes

I agree, but I’m not the one who flagged it. Just guessing.

S’truf. Some people like their ones a little soft.

2 Likes

It was an offer, not a demand.

1 Like

You owe me 10 ISK.

2 Likes

I hate you, and also, the next time I’m connected, sure.

1 Like

By the way, I feel like I should apologize. I was trying to convey that very particular scenario from the beginning as an illustration that the two are linked, but decidedly not synonymous, and I wasn’t doing a very good job of it. As a result, I was getting frustrated with myself and getting very persnickety. I shouldn’t have taken that out on you in any way, and apologize for any sense of hostility or snottiness I might’ve conveyed.

2 Likes

Insofar as you feel the need to apologize I feel the need to forgive. I happily return to our default state of respectful animus.

2 Likes

I love the smell of justice in the morning.

L E W D

2 Likes

@Charles_Cambridge_Schmidt:

And maybe a DNStV project, too?

2 Likes