Price of Plex - Market intervention Required from CCP

Oh I see.

Sorry I wasnt equating Isk/hr with fun.

I just like “sub-optimal” playstyles. They are generally far less boring.

Have you tried not being poor?

2 Likes

Thats exactly it, rorqual mining requires no effort to either learn or complete the task, ergo; a failed concept of user content and interaction.

1 Like

And something that sounds so utterly boring Id rather scrape buttons together to buy ammo :slight_smile:

1 Like

That statement makes no sense.

Put Plex on sale and ill buy some.

Well, if you were rich and already had a ton of plex you wouldn’t be complaining about game mechanics. People who already have tons of plex are gleefully gaining more money by not playing the game rn

PLEX arent even 5m a piece yet.

How do you not hoard them?

Sorry, I’m still at a loss to figure out exactly what problem people are having purchasing PLEX through ISK obtained through in-game efforts at the moment.

I see a lot of talk about the price of PLEX climbing too high, but I don’t see much talk about how people are making their income. If you’re only running Level 1 Missions, I can understand why you would have some trouble making the ISK necessary to purchase 500 PLEX for the Omega time. On the other hand, if you’re making hundreds of millions of ISK per hour out in nullsec space, I don’t see why it would be an issue.

How are people (who are having trouble) currently making their ISK?

Amongst other things, new players know little or anything at all about the game; and yes some people do exploit newbies, several threads in recent days hammer that point home.

A newbie is going to make mistakes, they’re going to unknowingly partake of risky gameplay. What we want is for them to learn from it, not demand CCP change the game like some want.

Conversely an older player often has years of experience with Eve, they’ve learnt from their mistakes, they know enough about game mechanics to manage their risk.

TL:DR Knowledge is one of the keys to managing risk, newbies tend not to have it, older richer players tend to have it by way of time and experience.

1 Like

You dont really appear to see much at all.

The gent who started the thread is in PIRAT alliance.

I dont even know where this guy is coming from tbvh…

ikr.

i think tbvh it would at this point actually be easier for you to scroll up and do some reding rather than coming in half way, half cocked and simply attempting to sound like you knoe thdeal because you talk politely.

I cba to link everything relevant.

I’m not really seeing anything that helps you.

CCP has always stated they’re aware and watching, that’s kind of their job as developers in the game. It would be silly if the developers did not at least watch and be aware.

As for the rest of it, even one of the quoted individuals says that doing PI will be plenty.

So again, I’m not seeing what the issue here is unless people are intentionally sticking to activities they know are not sufficient to support their own PLEX each month.

Put it this way, stop assuming all people have the same amount of skill points or access to the same items as you do; or even that they might be capable of something more than they are doing.

your assumptions are… presumptuous xD

Yeh that guy literally makes no sense too and if you ACTUALLY read that and ACTUALLY had an ability to comprehend you would not have missed the part about extractors.

Its things like this that make you hard to take seriously.

I find it funny that you are claiming that I’m assuming everyone has the same amount of Skill Points. I never made the claim that the amount of Skill Points translates to making a lot of ISK in-game. In fact, where I live, most of the newer players are making very good ISK by engaging in simple exploration, scanning down Relic sites within just a couple of days of them starting EVE Online.

I know it can be done because I have done it myself.

So again, I don’t understand what problems people are having beyond actively choosing not to engage in lucrative activities. Is it because you are scared to leave high sec? Is it because you are too afraid to jump into a wormhole? Is it because of some weird personal “pride” that prevents you from joining a nullsec coalition or wormhole group?

But those are all underlying questions. I’ve still yet to see people explain what type of activities they engage in. How are people making their ISK? This is a question you’ve conveniently chosen to ignore, despite it being my original question.

Are they making their ISK by running Level 1 Missions? Are they auto-piloting Distribution missions? Are they only mining Veldspar from the belts in high security systems? Etc. I’d like to know the specific types of activities people are engaging in that causes them so many problems purchasing PLEX right now.

So like I assumed, it ultimately boils down to some weird sense of personal “pride” about refusing to engage in activities that you know will be lucrative. At least, in your specific instance.

I don’t know how to help you in that case, then. But I will reiterate my stance that it is not up to CCP to intervene in the price of PLEX because you are specifically acting in this manner. There are plenty of people who have no problems acquiring the ISK in-game necessary to purchase PLEX. You are also aware of the means to do so, but are choosing expressly not to.

CCP can’t fix stupid, and they should not intervene on behalf of stupid.

Good, because you would not meet the qualifications.

1 Like

I think this is misquoted. At least, the essence of that post is not that sentence.

not quite, the context you used it in may be different but the information is relevant.

ie. in some countries you will be working a week to afford game time.

I couldnt say where or if this is 100% true but i do know wages vary greatly from here in the west to other places in the east (or in my case about 20km over the gibraltar straits)

I know, i have an IQ.

1 Like

Please feel free to answer my question, instead of deflecting and shouting that “you should know”. I think it would be more productive if you kept your weak attempts at ad hominem insults to yourself though. :slight_smile: