Question re Skyhook theft mechanics

The question I have is this.

I connect to the skyhook to initiate theft triggering the timer. I move to a distance of 17km with a view to getting out of the 20km range and gtfo if anyone comes in system.

I remain stationary to wait out the timer.

When hostiles came in the system recently I started moving out of range and this triggered an interdictor timer that was effective outside the 20km range as i tried to leave… and was killed.

What is it that triggers this timer and is there a way to avoid it triggering? I didnt aggro it.

:thinking:

1 Like

What kind of interdiction timer was it? The kind that happens when you shoot a structure?

Or was it perhaps the 2 minute timer Uriel’s link mentions, which stops you from warping, cloaking etc in order to make it a commitment to stealing when you start?

The 2 minute delinking timer I suspect.

Thanks both.