[Resolved] 20220517 - Services issues

Linux and BSD (MacOS) were unaffected. Not sure the problem here.

been waiting all day and still dont have my 1k plex. sent a report ticket and everything. either give me my plex or money back

Glad you got it sorted , strange you should start losing contact with services not inherent to the TQ server . Has someone been playing with the UI again :thinking:

been waiting all day and still dont have my 6k plex. sent a report ticket and everything. either give me my plex or money back

The consistency here is amazing. Is there a form yā€™all are using or something?

Still dont have my plex. Im accualy geting angry here. will have to call my bank about theft if this dosent get resolved soon. Also Scarlett i dont know why that guy just copied my message like that

Its taking them time to get the back end stuff straightened out for the plex transactions. When you buy it, it even says it may not magically appear. The process for buying plex may be fixed, but reading through the logs to give the plex out may take some time.

From another thread:

i have my plex back thank you

Iā€™m glad they got it resolved.

It might be prudent in future to check the ESI API status before doing any important transactions? Chances are if something on the backend goes down big the API will go flashy traffic lights across the board.

Not sure if CCP has a service status dashboard for other aspects of the Eve or CCP ecosystem.

1 Like

@CCP_Swift

I hate to break it to you, but I attempted to purchase PLEX through the regional market, and while the Isk was taken from my account, the PLEX was never added to my pilotā€™s PLEX Vault, or to personal assets.

I filed a support ticket (1858191), to which I am yet to receive a reply after 48h. Today the account in question goes alpha meaning I not only lose the ability to be logged into my market alt, but Iā€™ll lose my SP accumulation.

I am super unimpressed.

I am angry because you have stolen my Isk, and you are about to steal SP. Because your GMs canā€™t even reply to a ticket to tell me they are looking into it, I now find myself in a position where I am not prepared to borrow the Isk required to buy another 500 PLEX just incase it fails to arrive again - and letā€™s not forget PLEX is likely more expensive than it was two days ago when I tried to do through this crap show.

Add to all of this, I am having eye surgery on Monday. I will not the well enough to read or reply to support tickets. Assuming a GM does return my missing PLEX, I will not be well enough to consume it or restart my skill training. Your developers and lack of support have screwed me - thank you very much.

So to you, I ask these questions:

1. What guarantee can you give me that the bug wonā€™t reoccur and that if I were to borrow PLEX from a friend I will actually be able to consume it?

2. If the system fails again, will I actually get refunded for both occurrences?

3. If support canā€™t even bother to reply to what is tantamount to a billing and access issue? Why should I consider supporting your game?

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

18 hours ? All this time already that @Nyx_Viliana1 has just posted his dissatisfaction, and there is therefore no one on the side of CCP to answer him?

No, honestly! Itā€™s a shame !

So OK! I stick to it!

I want to reassure you, your Skills Points are never erased. When switching from OMEGA status to ALPHA status for non-renewal of the subscription, all OMEGA Skills Points are frozen. In other words, you never lose anything until the next renewal of your subscription, even if you decide to renew in one year, in two years or in five yearsā€¦ In this period of time, a mask applies on your account and all your characters are then degraded to ALPHA status, taking into account only the ALPHA Skills already learned in the past.

Thatā€™s why during this commercial gabgie at +33% awkwardly orchestrated by CCP, I personally opted for a complete and definitive restructuring of my main character OMEGA in ALPHA; it takes no less than a week to get there properly; I make this personal choice after 19 years of loyalty to CCP, not to pay them the slightest extra centime while waiting for things in this sinister case of abuse of economic dependence to be properly clarified!

At this stage, I think very seriously that CCP is wrong to underestimate the capacity and the will of its players, its customers who are now treated like cash cows!

A community member recently asked on this forum if they had also considered new tools for monetizing ALPHA clones that were supposed to be free; I believe the answer to this question was recently found by CCP due to the recent launch of EvE Anywhere only for ALPHA clones for 30 PLEX per 24 hour usage!

The CCP Staff is lying to us and their Fanfest is nothing but smoke and mirrors! If it is only by dint of lulling the players with illusions and never-kept promises, these same players inevitably end sooner or later by losing patience with regard to the time necessary spent in this game to progressā€¦ I personally know a person who has bet enormously on EvE Online in recent years, even to the point of finding himself ruined overnight, and who today must fight to survive! This is unacceptable ! Players should in no way put a virtual game ahead of their real life, and the distributors of this type of online game should not encourage them to do so!

You should have seen EvE Online in 2003! At the time, it was really a real persistent world! CCP did not sell PLEX, OMEGA, EPP, ISP, SKIN, etc. ! But the lure of profit helping, CCP gradually changed its commercial policy, thus turning its back on the very foundations of persistent worlds as they should be, inevitably provoking the discontent of the most assiduous players, thus renewing its customer portfolio to the point to degrade it entirely for the sole benefit of a game that has become in 19 years, an essentially pay to win gameā€¦

And they imagine after that that all the veterans will remain dumb?

I am a veteran! I am a former CEO! Iā€™ve fought the Pandemic Legion before! But today, my only adversary is CCP as I cannot tolerate that a so-called responsible online game distributor can push players to the point of error, in particular by encouraging them to compulsive buying, all under the false pretext of economic inflation which would be the direct consequence of the war in Ukraine; renewable energies being strongly developed in Iceland, the current inflation there not exceeding +7.2%, we deduce that it is probably the loss of the Russian players which causes this inflation of +33% without compensation! This is unacceptable ! The players are not their cash cows!

CCP would have done better to hear once and for all the dissatisfaction of all its players, rather than flirt as they did with China (EvE Echoes) and Russia!

Fortunately for each of us, competition in the world of space opera offers us many possibilities in the future, some of which are also being implemented in the NFT format, which guarantees the players concerned better fair treatment in the customer relationship framework. Among all the titles that I have been able to observe closely in recent weeks, I especially remember these:

Dual Universe, Elite Dangerous, Homeworld, Kerbal Space Program, Star Atlas, Starbase (with the most developed AI), Star Citizen (an open alpha with ship maneuverability and stunning graphics) and Space Engineersā€¦

Go and take a close look at all its offers including their prices! This advice applies as much to EvE Online players as it does to CCP staff who are definitely struggling!

So this is it.

Ully Loom

1 Like

Hi Uily,

Firstly thank you for caring about this more than anyone at CCP. Not only have I not heard back from @CCP_Swift, but neither of my support tickets on this issue have been touched by CCP for >3 days and one day respectively.

I have been around for ~15 years, so I am fully aware of how the skill training mechanics work. The SP ā€œi have lostā€ is the skill points I should have been training every hour that I am not because my account went alpha and Iā€™m over the 5m SP cap.

Iā€™m so pissed because I knew my account was going alpha, so I made the Isk required to purchase 500 PLEX. This took several hours of in-game grinding, an activity which took longer than usual because CCPs price changes have increased the cost of PLEX. I brought my PLEX with three days to spare so I could buy 30 days of omega game time, and so that the sp would keep training.

When CCP ate my PLEX, I made a support ticket immediately, going to all the effort to provide them with the relevant in-game logs and everything. I then came to the forums and found this topic, and given the issues around PLEX, I honestly feel CCP failed by not posting an announcement on the launcher and/or sending in-game notification warning players of potential issues - but that is a rant for another day.

So yeah. Thank you @Ully_Loom for giving a damn, I truly appreciate it. Now if CCP could un ā– ā– ā– ā–  their error, give me 24h of SPs which would have been trained if the error never occurred or they fixed what is in effect a billing issue within the first 48h, and hell if it takes them another 24h to resolve it, they can give me another 24h worth of SP.

Oh and CCP, eye surgery on Monday, so I wonā€™t be well enough to play for a while - so I better not get stupid ticket responses requiring a reply after that point with no resolution as the tickets time out if when I canā€™t reply.

If that is the case, then you were absolutely in the right to file a support ticket and one of our Game Masters will be able to solve that for you. The logs are quite thorough on cases like this.

For your questions

1 - the unexpected issue has been resolved, and there have been no reports of issues with PLEX outside of the original window
2 - absolutely
3 - Support tickets are generally answered in a speedy manner, however there may be a small backlog of tickets from people with issues similar to yours causing a delay in response time.

I am still getting errors in my game client:

The skill plan service is currently unavailable. Unable to retrieve skill plan data

Anyone else still having issues? Is there some update I need to apply that I am missing?

What OS?

I am currently using Linux. I launch though the Steam client. This was not an issue for me prior to this service update 20220517 - Services Issues.

Unsupported system. They dont even do unofficial support now. Best thing to do is post in the linux subforum and another player could help

1 Like

No sane Linux user pays a company to get lack of support and treated like second class customers. CCP even said themselves in the Linux subforum, breaking changes are possible, and if you donā€™t want to be in that situation, play with Alpha. In other words, donā€™t pay them because they wonā€™t support you and breaking changes affecting Linux wonā€™t be cared about.

I guess I have a different take on it all. I understand the need for a company to have supported and unsupported platforms. I chose Linux for my own reasons and I am willing to take the good with the bad. I really appreciate the community here for coming together to make some of these non-core use cases possible. For the most part, eve works really well in Linux these days and I would like to think it is possible due to ccp caring a little bit along with the contributions of the community.