Shakor's reign

So, I have written my Chief once, as most of the time I let my father know my opinion of affairs and he talks with the others. If there’s a formal Starkmanir clan, I am not aware of such. There are groups of families that might be analogous to such, in a way, but they are much smaller than any clan of any Tribe.

So, I guess communication with our Chief is a little different. I at least got a form letter back from his office. For the Sebiestor Chief, with billions of Sebiestors, maybe that’s a bit much.

However, it comes down to trust. When Shakor did have power, he acted decisively. When we were forming our Tribe (the legal side of it) the Sanmatar was a great help in ensuring that the advisers sent from our distant cousins in the Brutor Tribe respected our beliefs. If an emergency were to happen again, I trust the Sanmatar to act in the best interest of the Tribes.

Similarly, I trust my Chief to do right by my Tribe.

Though, the thread is titled Shakor’s reign. It’s not really, is it? No one reigns over the Tribes. We have governance. That’s different. I am Jeoran Setul’s Tribeswoman, not his subject. The Amarr Empire is over there. Let’s leave it there, please?

4 Likes

I wonder how much difference that really makes. In principle, Amarrian nobles do have some duty to their vassals. I’m sure there are some substantial differences in theory; maybe in practice, too. But it doesn’t seem like the power dynamics between the great and small are really so different from place to place, unless the small are genuinely empowered.

And I’m a little skeptical whether doing that is in any way a good idea.

1 Like

The Tribal Chief is meant to be a representative of the Tribe. The Brutor tradition of selecting the Chief is done through a Conclave of the Clans, and the Clans then Chose who the next chief will be. The selection process itself is complicated and very nuanced, but at the end of the day, The Chief answers to the Clans, it is a bottom up structure.

It is my understanding that the Amarrian Noble, by contrast, receives their position from the top, and answerable to those of higher position. It is a Top Down structure.

I, as an individual Brutor do not have any particular duty to the Tribal Chief. He is the head of my Tribe, and I trust Chief Pol to make decisions and take actions that will benefit the Tribe.

2 Likes

My Tribal Chief is roughly my age, has roughly my same background, and had, at the time of choosing, about the same amount of wealth and power. Given the nature of my Tribe, almost all (maybe actually all) off us freed from the same system in the Mandate, there’s no difference between the great and small. We’re all the same.

As time passes and generations progress, that will change with fortunes and skill affecting families and, if we ever establish them, clans. (I have some of my own opinions on that sort of thing, but that’s not for here.)

The one key difference between the great and small in the Empire and the Tribes? The Sanmatar, or any other official cannot order the murder of millions or billions like Idonis Ardishapur or Khanid on Kahah.

So, if you’re still skeptical, I don’t suppose anyone can convince you otherwise.

4 Likes

I think it makes quite a difference. I’ve never known Anna the Elder or Kain Stjörnauga, our Clan Chieftain, to be afraid Acassa Midular’s going to take away their Clan because Anna the Younger said or did something foolish or objectionable (or for that matter, because I did). I have known, say… Aldrith to fear exactly that.

And I’ve known you to fear exactly that, and let it influence your actions and words, too.

3 Likes

Hm. Well … not exactly that, no. People approach “consequence” in a lot of ways, though.

Anyway, I’ll be quiet. This isn’t really my topic, and it’s neat seeing people talking about this stuff.

1 Like

I’ve read a bit about who Shakor is… a terrorist, a bandit, a pirate, who was attacking Amarr vessels on the border, until finally Royal Guards slaughtered all his henchmen with him just by a miracle escaping this, allegedly with outside help. Unable to keep his barbaric ways of destruction, he went into politics and soon moved to the very top of Minmatar society.

He didn’t pay for his crimes yet.

But my main issue would be not with him, but with this whole Minmatar society.

You see, any power, any leader keeps its position only with implicit acceptance of those, who are controlled by that power. If you take the power without that acceptance, you’ll be toppled over, there will be a revolt, mutiny, or some legal proceeding to take that power from you. In any way, you won’t hold that power for long.

And in the case of Shakor, we see that Minmatar people implicitly do accept a wretched criminal as their leader. That’s UTTERLY DISGUSTING.

But no-one is a criminal until found guilty by a court remember. It’s slander to accuse someone of being a criminal until the courts find them guilty. Or so you’ve said many times.

1 Like

Then give him into a court, I bet even CONCORD can convict him for international crimes.
And if he thinks that’s slander - surely he can sue me for that. Shall I call a lawyer?

Only call a lawyer if you want to get laughed at.

6 Likes

Please excuse me, I have no time for such idiocy.
Call yourself a nurse and don’t bother me anymore.

I would hope everyone on these forums would do as Ms. Kim wishes and never bother her again.

5 Likes

Not everyone, obviously.
Only those, who are not educated enough for civilized and coherent discussions.

Trolls aside, speaking about Shakor again - there was a question put by one of these inappropriate parties indirectly, whether he was really a criminal or not? Well, yes, it was their pitiful attempt at stirring trouble, but yet there is an issue to look at.

What I have learned about Shakor, is that Royal Guards tried to either destroy or apprehend him. Does it mean they should have enough incriminating evidences against him?

Or, could it be Amarr propaganda against a blind man?

But the style of the interpretation suggested that he was proud of his actions. With thus there is a question to those, who were watching his career more closely.

Did Shakor ever openly admitted in committing raids against the Empire before the war?
Did Shakor ever deny participation in such activities?

Obviously the empire doesn’t care, as they invited him to their emperess’ coronation ceremony and didn’t attempt to arrest him.

Stop trying to start problems.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.