Shakor's reign

Continuing the discussion from Off-Topic Thread:

Tell me more how we are stronger now?

2 Likes

How we are stronger now:

1. During the Era of the Parlimentary Republic, there were only 4 tribes that comprised of the Republic. We were still at with the Nefantir, the Starkmanir were still lost to us, and the Thukkers had refused join it. During the aftermath of the Elder war and the change to a Tribal Republic, all three of the these Tribes had joined. For the first time since the Day of Darkness, our nation was whole.

2. The Parliamentary system that we had was flawed from the onset, bestowed upon us by a generous benefactor without regard to the cultural context in which it would function. Our entire society is based on a clan and tribal system that wasn’t represented at our highest level of politics. There was little to no tribal oversight on the representatives themselves, and instead was based on population sizes. The result was a system where one tribe had a numerical advantage in terms of representation (the Sebiestor) who would then seek policies to benifit that one tribe to the detriment of the others(I by no means fault the Sebiestor Tribe for any ‘tyranny of the majority’, if the situation was reversed Im am sure we Brutor would have acted similarly.)

On top of this, the levels of bureaucracy and red tape that was involved, coupled with the little accountability of individual representatives would of course lead to massive corruption, self interest, and greed. The change to the Tribal Council cut through this bureaucracy, removed the cancerous corruption that plagued out system, and consolidated the decision making power right where it should have always been: The Tribal Chiefs.

((OOC Disclaimer: The following argument uses numbers and actual in game data roughly calculated and sourced from admittedly limited and incomplete data sets. As such it is meant to give more of a general idea of trends. I am working on a more detailed, and in-depth Economic analysis for the Minmatar Republic and the other Empires for role play purposes.))

1. Economically, the Republic is doing much better than we were during the years of the Midular’s rule. During the Parliamentary Republic, our economy was stagnant. Wages had shown little growth, Production levels remained virtually unchanged, and consumer prices were rising, albeit at a snail’s pace.
  • Prior to YC111 the Consumer Price index within the Republic was slowly increasing by an average of .30% year on year, while production remained largely stagnant, fluctuating between -.87% and 1.04.% change over that same time period.

• In the years following the creation of the Tribal Republic, CPI rose by a steady 1.3% increase from YC111 to YC118, however this is offset by an increase of production of approximately 3% over that same time period. This suggests that Consumer prices were actually falling even as production increased, meaning that the average baseliner was now better off. The Republic is experiancing Actual Economic Growth.

A note on the above: This was a quickly put together and from readily available sources. I am hoping to be able to produce a more comprehensive Economic Report that I will publish at a later date.

2 Likes

That is the most interesting part though, since while she was in office, she was constantly labeled as “Chamberlain’s pet” and seller of the Minmatar people, an “amarr lover”, and called so particularly by Shakor. But when the push came to shove - she was clean of any corruption. And she certainly could have been. Just like many other members of the Parliament that were killed that night could have been, but didn’t happen to be the first Ray of Matar in generations.

4 Likes

When push came to shove, her life was saved by Yun, representing the Elders, and with some ties to Shakor.

Most today accept Midular as not having been a traitor, in fact she is well-liked by most, evidenced by the fact that the Republic was so offended by the Gallenteans not handing her over to their care when she was in critical medical condition that they invaded Federation space . This being the same government formed by those that apparently thought she was an Amarr lover, traitor, whatever.

But let’s just conveniently ignore all of that.

3 Likes

Are you going to recite me all of history that I was actually present for, Jason? If so, no need.

1 Like

As long as you continually show half of the story, and as long as people continue to be universally lazy and not willing to put in the leg work to find the other half, I will post it here, yes.

What I just said does cast some doubt on that narrative that it was all a coup designed to portray the Seb faction and Midular as its head as traitors. You don’t invade your ally out of concern for the medical condition of a traitor.

2 Likes

Yea, it suddenly became politically correct to love her when she was dead and replaced by someone much closer to Shakor’s line. And the Republic loved her so much they quickly deposed of her killer before his ties could be further examined.

Yay.

4 Likes

Incidentally, that’s what I think you are doing. Karin Midular was a highly controversial figure that was not universally loved while she was alive, after the Elder invasion. Her purification came after her death, as it often does.

2 Likes

Huh, I didn’t realize the Republic was so concerned over Midular’s apparent corpse.

She was alive when the Republic demanded she was handed over.

1 Like

Nobody risks a war over someone they think is a traitor in this set of conditions. She was getting the best possible medical care in the Federation, they still wanted her back, before she passed, then they demanded her killer, these are not the actions of people who think they are acting on behalf of a traitor. They invaded their ally out of respect for her, and showed extreme interest in her well being before she died. What you are saying is not accurate.

1 Like

So these hardened political assassins who managed to enter the Parliament with weapons and kill high profile members of the Seb faction, and enact a purge Republic-wide, and had Midular well within their grasp before they even did this, chose to wait 5 years to send an assassin to a random cultural event to kill Midular and then act greatly offended.

This is some galaxy-brained stuff, guys.

Let’s refrain from implying that they killed Midular, ok? Let the poor woman rest in her grave and keep your vile personal political machinations and subtle little plausibly deniable accusations out of this. It’s incredibly disrespectful and downright stupid, if they wanted to kill Midular they could’ve just done it during the chaos instead of saving her life

2 Likes

Yeah, if whoever ordered the Colelie shitshow actually respected Midular, they wouldn’t have ordered an attack on our only ally.

You’re ignoring the fact that despite all, she was the Ray of Matar. And the leader of the Sebiestor Tribe. Whom, by the way, scolded the other tribes for acting on their own accord, not by request of the Sebiestor Tribe, sending Fleet ships to a useless standoff and bloodbath with our ally.

Likewise.

3 Likes

Elaborate, you can go “No u” all you want but I had an argument to back up what I said.

Obviously that attack isn’t something Midular would have wanted, but you can respect a person without respecting their political legacy.

1 Like

Very one-sided argument though.

2 Likes

People have points of view, that they will attempt to argue for. You can complain about the other person making their case, or you can do something people will actually respect and make your own case.

Please explain to me how your point of view that they still viewed her as a traitor can exist simultaneously with the chain of events that I described.

1 Like

Your first problem is treating Minmatar as a singular entity. You should know this. Secondly, I said she was cleared of all charges, despite being targeted several times, by Shakor, in Parliament sessions, for being in cahoots with the Amarr, I did not call her a traitor. I pointed out, that many did call her a traitor, and that there were attempts on her life during her tenure as Prime Minister. She was more or less forgotten by everyone after the reformation, until she was mortally wounded in Federation space. Then someone saw a moment to drum up some nationalist fervor over her the moment she had passed.

2 Likes

Many people still viewed Midular as traitor. The government probably did not - they know the truth. The view that she was traitor was encouraged before her death, to diminish her influence, but after she was no longer an inconvenience, a show to please those grieved by her death with the idea that the government actually loved her too made more sense.

And I remind you: I was there. I was the EM FC on the field in Colelie.

4 Likes

The Republic is a sovereign entity dominated by the Shakorite faction who took power as a direct result of Midular’s government being dissolved, and were the primary opposing power bloc during Midular’s tenure. Let’s not beat around the bush here, what’s being implied is that the Shakorites were the ones slandering her as a traitor, so why is their government taking action to defend her dignity? Explain this please.

Obviously you’re a fan of hers, I didn’t say you called her a traitor, I said you were implying that the Shakorites considered her a traitor until she was dead, which you did imply that along with Else. Please try to focus while reading.

This is true and this tends to happen when you lose political power, anywhere, assuming you weren’t killed off, like a bunch of evil tyrants trying to seize power in a coup would do.

This is also true, but I doubt the convenience of… invading your much more powerful ally?.. to drum up nationalist fervor, would be enough to get the Brutors to stomach immortalizing her if they actually thought she was a traitor.

2 Likes

This is the same government formed by many of those whom you’ve implied led a coup to depose her. Which is a bit of an odd statement to make.

But, the rest of what you said is an explanation that at least makes sense. However, I have to ask you, earlier you, let’s not beat around the bush, implied that they dispatched the assassin to cover their own asses. Do you actually think the Republic, or whoever leads it de jure or de facto, sent an assassin to kill her?

2 Likes

Only if you assume the coup was honestly motivated by the previous leader’s incompetence or outright treason, rather than personal/tribal political gain.

It is not impossible. But we will never know now.

2 Likes