Ship physics related to bumping don't seem to reflect actual IRL physics

Exactly the same for the bumper. In fact there’s a good chance the miner is better tanked, and so has greater protection from CONCORD.

The asymmetry here is that the miner wants to keep their mining lasers switched on. They want a mechanic that won’t interrupt their income.

An attack that causes no damage, and costs the bumper the same amount of time as it costs the miner. The difference being that the miner loses income. So they want to turn someone suspect just for reducing their income.

I turn up with a mining fleet in the space you have been mining in and mine it all away before you can, and if you attempt to bump me you turn suspect and I blow you up. That is also an attack, no?

What? Have you tried bumping a mining barge that’s orbiting the rock it mines? What do you mean “there is no counter”?

So parking a few ships outside a station Undock, or near a gate in line with a frequently traveled route… the person undocking or AP-ing to Gate will bump into some stationary ships, making that person the aggressor!!!

Nice solution you have there. You may want to rethink that ‘Check mate’

2 Likes

bumping is not a function of physics, if it was your ship wouldn’t survive a single one of such events.
Bumping is an evasive maneuver initiated and controlled by ships AI for collision avoidance.

Lack of skill hitting a moving target is not a counter.

Practice more :slight_smile:

LOL. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Again, have you tried it or not? How much are you willing to bet that you would be able to bump me away from the lasers mining range if I’m flying a Procurer?

Don’t approach from the side, approach from above, Khan :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll take that as a no, then. And you’re not willing to bet anything on your ability to bump me if I’m flying a Procurer either, are you?

You can start by that shitty mechanic of parking close to stations all day. Even combat close to stations should be removed . if you staying too close to exit of station y get a warning, then a timer, then concorded. Simple as that. That kind of mechanics are part of some old games. not that hard to code it. would that harm the game or be abusable? I don’t see that happening. Enlighten me if so. and plz don’t tell me sit all day to kill easy targets is content. they should be camping gates, not station exit Docks.

Wrong, that was a how too. Maybe you are the one who needs to learn?

Of course I’m willing to learn. I even offered you the possibility of making a fortune teaching me… So how much are you willing to bet that you’d be able to bump me, then?

negative, those small ice miners can be put on expedition frigs only I believe

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.