Ships for security missions

Actually the merits of said line of ships changed greatly with introduction of MTUs - their tractor bonus is now obsolete, so they need some TLC and a new bonus to be worth.

Thats a really good point.

1 Like

It is not. MTU is dumb as donkey. It pools empty wrecks most of the time. You manually pool wrecks with loot closer, so MTU will poll them first. Less time in mission, no point to fly later gathering all your lost MTUs.

The sad truth is, that Rattlesnake is still better, than a Golem in full mission pocket clear and Machariel is still king of the mission blitzing. Maradeurs need a serios DPS buff, IMHO. Like bonused drones, with 125 bandwidth. Or they simply not worth their money. Despite the fact, that they are CCP designated tool for mission runners. Due to all bonuses. They just does not catch up with faction BS.

start mission, drop mtu, clear room, go to next room drop mtu clear room.
go back with dessie/noctis pick up mtu’s and salvage wrecks.

I think MTU’s should be renamed Gankleeza or some weird name, because they don’t help at all and offer another opportunity for someone to kill you or get a free zkill.

Null wrecks are meh… this game doesn’t have T2 so whatever…highsec wrecks lmfao

If I’m understanding you, the MTU is dumb because it pulls empty wrecks. You think this is dumb as you have no intention to salvage the wrecks?

If that is correct, then you feel the MTU is “dumb as donkey” for not being tailored to your specific usage.

Perhaps they could add a toggle to the MTU to only pull wrecks with loot? Given the low barrier to salvage drones, I’m not sure why it makes sense to leave the wrecks

Or create a ‘MSU’ (mobile salvage unit*)

*cannot anchor within 10km of MTU :laughing:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.