High sec lvl4 mission ship advice

which ship would be best suited to highsec lvl4 security missions, my skills are in missiles and drones am thinking maybe tengu for the missile side of things

any advice or fits appreciated

1 Like

Rattlesnake or gila

5 Likes

It’s definitely worth training into the Rattlesnake - and you can easily get 1400+ DPS with mostly IV missile and drone skills. Depending on your playstyle (clear, blitz, salvage) you may want to eventually look into a Marauder (bit more of a training curve, but well worth the eventual investment).

2 Likes

Tengu is good at pve.
semi-blingy afterburner, blingy medium shield booster, couple of invulnerability mods, ballistic controls.
Personally I don’t switch missile types, I just stay with scourges. Accelerated bay subsystem gives +5% kinetic damage per level of caldari offensive systems trained.

Gila has great bonus to medium drone damage.

Rattlesnake has great bonus to heavy drone damage.

For missile focused, non guristas ships, the tengu is fantastic, and the raven, raven navy, navy scorp, and golem are all good.

2 Likes

ok thanks looks like i have some training to do
anyone have a good rattlesnake fit for lvl4’s osmium is no longer working :frowning:

would this work?

[Rattlesnake, Rattlesnake lvl 4]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Damage Control II

EM Ward Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II

Large Core Defense Field Extender II

Garde II x2
Scourge Fury Heavy Missile x1250

277k ehp and 1245 dps

Leaving T1 BS out you could use:

• Scorpion Navy
  • Raven Navy
  • Golem
  • Typhoon Fleet
  • Rattlesnake

Efficiency varies between ships and what you can use in terms of Drones, but all of them will get the job done. My tip is take what you like most both in playstyle and visually.

He is right, all these work great, just don’t bling it out. It might be temping but isn’t necessary and no one will have any reason the gank you.

Just a pointer or two… A damage control is almost always wasted on a PvE fit, and you will definitely want some form of large propulsion - like a MWD. For a Rattlesnake, three C3-X Hivaa missile/drone damage modules will yield more damage. Also, without any omnidirectional tracking links Gardes and Curators will often fall short in terms of striking range.

Hi,
I am fairly new to the game but read lots of the good advice on the forums. I use a Prophecy with heavy missiles. No bling fit total value ( ship + equipment ) 65 mil. I am only an Alpha account.
40K EHP ( High resists ) with 250 DPS ( Drones + missiles ) and can do all lv4 missions.

2 Likes

Moving to battleships is night and day for L4s.

1 Like

I think you should consider Deadspace Armor Repper/Shield Booster. They are fairly cheap and make some situations more relaxed. Plus noone will gank you with them as their value is simply to low.

I would recommend a Battleship. Its more relaxed as you have more HP and you will do alot more DPS which speeds things up alot.

Yes! A few faction damage mods and a cheap faction or deadspace rep are great for mission ships and don’t cost a whole lot. There’s also a bunch of cheap deadspace hardeners that can greatly boost your tank for not much isk.

For missiles the best ship I’ve used is the barghest, it can do the most missile damage, and the missiles hit before the next volley launches. It’s also pretty fast for a battleship.

Rattlesnake can get higher overall dps, but I find it a bit slow. And with the missiles and drones it just feels off to me. Also I really don’t like the slow missiles. press f1 and wait and wait and wait for them to hit the target, that goes for other ships like the typhoon too.

Tengu is pretty good, but not really a fan. can get decent dps with hams, but that requires flying all over the place getting in range, or kinda low dps with heavies.

Machariel uses projectiles so it’s a bit off your SP, but I think it’s the best mission ship in game. It’s fast, has high warp speed, good damage, good range, can be fit almost any way you like. Perfect for blitzing, but if you want to snipe or do full clears maybe you want something else.

1 Like

Gila and Rattlesnake are optimal. With Gila you can run most, but not all L4s to full clear and full completion. Need at least a Raven or Navy Scorp for that. Then go Rattlesnake. Also do keep in mind that there are a few missions / situations where Rattler is not optimal cause of drones. Its sometimes better to go with a pure cruise missle or heavy rapid missles boat.

Fully train Gila 1st, then Caldari Battleships, then Gallente Battleships. Its a training path to Rattlesnake that lets you do quite a lot. I recently soloed the Gallente epic arc in a Navy Scorp. Had 2 fights towards the end that I had to warp out on for shield / cap regen. But its perfectly doable.

Cruiser;- Tengu or Gila
Battleship; - Dominix, Raven or Rattlesnake

will all fit your stated weapon preference, in at least 1 area.

The Domi can be shield tanked to reasonable effect … so you don’t have to have awesome armour skills as well

Agreed

my skills are in missiles

What exact missiles are we talking here? If you have decent skills with Cruise Missiles and you have skill up the Specialization skill then my advice is that you should go for the Golem.

What you need to do though, is to focus on the application, rather try to get this odd obsession everyone has about “DPS”.

Remember, the key factor for Missiles are as follow:
a) Decreasing the Explosion Radius.
b) Increasing the Explosion Velocity.

This can be done by using Target painters (TP), Missile Guidance Computer (MGC) with a precision script loaded, Missile Guidance Enhancer (MGE), Rigs Flare and Rigor (Tier II).

There are other key support skills that your character should be trained or at least be working towards to finish its training. See this guide from EVE Uni..

Now, if you decided to go with the Golem, you don’t need a massive tank as your tank now is the speed and efficiency of you killing NPC’s (as much faster and less volleys, the better and less damage you receive). Even doesn’t matter if you mess up with triggers, the Golem in bastion can repair itself in 3 or 4 cycles.

Look how I’ve worked Level 4 mission The Damsel in distress. I spent about 12 to 13 minutes in this mission, I turn on my Shield Booster 5 or 6 times (repaired).

Of course, I keep improving my Golem fitting setup, however, as you start doing more missions, your confidence starts to increases as well, as you are more familiar with the missions.

Any questions? Comments?

2 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

I’m mostly a lvl 4 runner now, if you are looking for a nice and fast ship to do lvl 4 missions i would recommend you the Barghest.

[Barghest, Lvl 4 missions]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
True Sansha Power Diagnostic System
Shadow Serpentis Damage Control

Gistum A-Type Medium Shield Booster
Gistum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Gistum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Gist X-Type EM Ward Field
Missile Guidance Computer II + Missile Precision Script x1
Pith X-Type Shield Boost Amplifier

Cruise Missile Launcher II
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Large Warhead Flare Catalyst I

you can almost oneshot every small-medium npc with precision missiles, even the smallest drone webber goes down with max 3 missiles, BS goes down with 2-4 hits, you won’t even need to carry drones.

Just to give some time examples on missions. The Blockade 19 mins alla clear - dread pirate scarlet 25 mins all clear - angel extravaganza 38 mins all clear.

I can’t get this missions done so fast not even in Golem.

Ship + Module cost is around 4 Billions, i can do around 200-300 per day + around 120-150k loyalty and around 40-50 mill loot since i don’t loot very much to be honest now (around 4-6 hours of played time).

With my skills + chips the ship is cap stable and does 1178,8 dps with cruiser missiles and 842.0 dps with precision missiles, i don’t carry drones since are not really needed with this setup. :slight_smile:

the biggest pro of this ship compared to the others with drones is that you don’t have to wait for drones to move target to target, and if you are wondering about the dps it’s heavier than the golem since the golem counts as a 8 launcher ship and this one count as a 9 launcher ship :slight_smile:

Hope this can help you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That is some silly-ass gankbait right there. How does that run missions fast without a prop mod?

4 Likes

You could buy a T2 fit Marauder for not much more than the Barghest that would easily run circles around this fit in terms of damage application and mission completion time. Just for comparison, I run a T2 blaster fit Kronos that is under 2-billion for the complete hull/fit and can tank any mission indefinitely. Completion times for full clears are comparable.

2 Likes