[Speculation] Theorizing the entangled past and future of the Triglavians and Drifters

Forget about Drifters, they were invented for the game’s story in 2015.
They completed their task and now they are not needed.

1 Like

Rave.

All T2 triglavian ships are triglavian based empire modifications.

Nergal is Roden Shipyards product. Ikitursa Ishukone, etc. Read ingame description or Eve-U site.

2 Likes

If the Triglavians are indeed a troika of inphomorphs, doesn’t this go against the ‘one mind, one body’ principle of the Sleepers? That would explain the enmity between them at a fundamental level.

It might be interesting to allow the trade of WH blue loot with a Drifter entity in return for ship and weapon BPCs. A kind of Drifter LP store.

3 Likes

Drifter Incursions.

That aside, they’re still passively involved in the Triglavian storyline. Their purpose is far from served.

2 Likes

As well as the story of Amarr, Minmatar, Gallente and Caldari.
Why do players get replicas of Triglavian ships ? Without any changes ?
Maybe let’s recall the story of the T3 Cruisers and Destroyers ?

It was the factions that gave the players the technology of Sleeper, a modified technology. Each faction has implemented its technology.
And it was really cool.

That’s pretty much the exact story behind the T2 Triglavian ships, except the Empires had to design the T3 ships from scratch (taking some cues from Sleeper aesthetics), whereas the T2 Triglavian ships can just be modified from the original Triglavian designs, and were probably modified as minimally as possible because those original designs were already in production, and greater modification means greater rearrangement of the materials and facilities that produce the damn things. Which, if that’s what you’re getting at… okay? You’re not really making a point here, and the point you could be making is a tangent from the topic at hand.

2 Likes

Your topic is initially dead.

Everything is much easier to draw ships for each faction is much more complicated. And I want to remind you that four factions are still at war. So what about the joint development and usuchenii Triglavian can not speak.

Once again.
Drifters were invented for the succession to Amarr.

Triglavian designed to introduce new ships with a minimum of effort. Since the content “Invasion” is not the first time used in the game.

Joint development? There wasn’t any. Every Triglavian T2 was, as their descriptions indicate, designed by a different ship manufacturer, from a different empire. As for the Triglavians not speaking, that’s completely irrelevant because they published their blueprints, and disseminated them through Abyss divers, for the explicit purpose of letting The Four Empires get their hands on them.

Dev laziness isn’t an excuse for everything, and the Drifters have demonstrably served various purposes, to varying degrees of success, after the Succession.

2 Likes

I noticed an interesting line. Like an arena in the Abyss

1 Like

In the chronicle of “Inheritance” (if my memory serves me) there was mention of a war between the Sleepers (Drifter) and the Jove Empire.
And here we have here a coincidence war Triglavians vs Drifters.

“Ancient Enemy Azdaja”

I’m still having doubts. It feels like we are missing something. I have a strong suspicion that the Enheduanni are actually the Talocan, or a part of that group. Eve Source talks about gigantic construction ships building the star gates and shepherding the settlers to their destinations. They could have performed that function for the Jove, but as their journey took place after the Eve Gate had collapsed they couldn’t build more gates. The Talocan are the only group that are not stated as settling anywhere, and they were contemporary with the Jove. The Dyson Swarm was built 2,000 years prior to the collapse of the First Empire. They come across as engineers, adapting to changing conditions. Possibly trying to use wormhole space as a route back to Earth, they certainly had that kind of know-how. They built a controllable network of gates and that is exactly what the Triglavians have done.

The Inheritance chronicle makes it clear that Talocan technology and design are very distinct from Jovian technology and design.

In a completely different part of the New Eden cluster, far away from the domains of the First Jove Empire.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m with Sibylla here Annisir (though you already my view lol)

This passage from Inheritance really solidifies that for me, beyond all the evidence I put together above:

Matshi Raish reflected on what he knew, Veniel’s notes and recent discussions. “You would assume the structure to have been built by one of the preceding Jove Empires, most likely the First Jove Empire.”

“Correct. The First Jove Empire was our best guess at first. There was evidence that made sense of this theory. The orbital lattice appeared to be approximately 6,000 years old, perhaps older still. That matched with the period of the First Empire and predated its fall by at least 2,000 years. Quite conceivably the First Empire, with technology we have simply forgotten, could create a stellar-scale megastructure of this kind.

“But this ignored a problem. We have lost much concerning the First Empire but we certainly know they were Jove and what little survives indicates a civilization that was distinctively Jove in ways we would recognize. There was nothing of that kind to be found on any structure in W477-P we cared to examine. That bearing in mind that there was an absolute plethora of cultural material, language, modes of expression and all manner of evidence as to the special aspects of the human culture that built the orbital lattice.

“No, the builders had not been Jove. Later we understood the builders were members of the civilization we now call the Talocan. Or better to say, the Talocan civilization built the orbital lattice as a part of their grand design.”

I know the “unreliable narrator” angle should always be considered - but the solidity of this description by Veniel really doesn’t seem like anything resembling a matter of opinion to me. The assuredness of his talking about the cultural material evident aboard the lattice structures, combined with the huge distance of the lattice from the First Empire (Heaven constellation, Curse) makes it seem less and less of a possibility, to me.

5 Likes

Yes I totally agree, the Talocan are not Jove, but I don’t think the Enheduanni were either.

Then I saw their humanoid caretakers performing tasks all over the ship, using shuttles and railed vehicles to traverse the spines.
“The Architects convalesced in time-dilated virtual reality to keep their minds prepared for the task ahead,” Grious said.
“But the crew you see caring for them had the greatest responsibility in the entire history of the Jove Empire.
They were the guardians of our race during its most vulnerable time.
They, along with each ship’s captain, were called the Enheduanni.”
I don’t see Triglavians as being Jove either, they have too many differences. Its also the ancient domain thing, wh space is without a doubt the ancient domain of the Talocan.
The other interesting thing, from Inheritance is this.

It had been the effort of decades to explore, analyze and decipher the basic workings of the W477-P star’s orbital lattice. Much concerning its automation and operation remained in the realm of conjecture. A distributed intelligence of some kind seemed to be dedicated to maintaining the relative stellar orbits of the thousands upon thousands of structures. However, efforts to communicate with the intelligent systems had not got beyond listening in on a flood of celestial positioning data, orbital dynamics calculations and delicately subtle instructions to the propulsion systems of each component in the lattice.

There had been greater success in understanding the functioning of the wormhole gates. These were clearly designed to be operated, as it were, manually. Certainly, it was only possible to operate the gates with the assistance of formidably powerful and dedicated computer systems. Regardless, there was no artificial intelligence, or anything like it, in control of the gates or even connected in any way to their fundamental workings. The designers, whoever they were, had been scrupulous in keeping the intelligent systems that did exist throughout the lattice entirely firewalled off from gate operating systems. The intent was quite clear: the gates were only to be opened by living, breathing human beings.

Which to me seems like some form of shackled AI, exactly the way the Triglav do things.

Templar One makes it clear that they are Jove (which is in fact in the pages of the book you pulled those quotes from). They’re a subgroup of the Jove just as the Architects were. There was never any ambiguity regarding that.

3 Likes

I think it depends how you read it. I have found some real flaws in Templar One and its always been cited as an unreliable narrator.

The problem is that we don’t have another source yet.

2 Likes

A big part of the problem is that people don’t put it into perspective. Everything about the Enheduanni comes from Grious, in Templar One and Theodicy. In Templar One he is quite positive about them, in Theodicy he is negative, but that isn’t really Grious. The Grious AI is a memory of him, so some kind of AI that has been created from other people’s memories of him perhaps, rather like Westworld 2.
He is a Third Empire, Directorate, Jove, late Third Empire, so maybe 3-400 years old or something, and talking about events almost 15,000 years in the past. That is 2.5 times our recorded history. Behind him there are 500 years of Shrouded Days, about which the Jove know very little, but follow a major collapse of Jovian civilisation. 2,000 years prior to that is the collapse of the First Empire which was also a major collapse, both involving civil war and the loss of colonies. When the Jove first colonised New Eden they didn’t even really interact with each other much for around 3,000 years.
It makes sense that when a colony was set up they kept some of their population in cryostasis, to conserve resources while things got going. There may have been experiments with early Construct VR environments, but that seems a long way from any unified Enheduanni faction managing things. That scenario is far more likely with the migration of the Sleepers to Anoikis, but the Directorate knew nothing about it; they were surprised that a number of Stasis People enclaves had gone missing. Which again points to their lack of knowledge about prior events.
From that Grious comes across as paranoid maybe, recounting an ancient myth that he, or others, have constructed from shattered fragments, and which therefore may be totally erroneous. There are plenty of examples from our own history, supposed facts that have been discounted as new information comes to light. Even things that were completely made up because it made the origin of a particular group appear to be better than it was.