BuyMyPills.com to remain private venture

Welcome back LoW! I was just starting on MD when you were finishing but the One Stop buyout thread was one of my favourite early sh!t shows. I think it might have been my first third-party guarantee.

Link for the historically curious:

https://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=1250489&page=3

These were the days when Bad Bobby was a respectable businessman! I think he later said that his intervention there was an attempt to derail the offering and pick the business up for himself at a discount.

Nostalgia aside, some questions about the offering:

1. When you sold One Stop you said it was because of ‘me or the game’ pressures from your fiance. Is there any likelihood of similar pressures coming to bear again during the period of operation?

2. How long have you been active back in the game and what have you been up to in that time?

3. You mention hiring staff. What will be the internal security arrangement to limit investor exposure to those staff scamming?

4. What’s the rationale for running this as an IPO rather than under the bond format that has become standard on MD since your departure?

5. What is your present personal NAV?

And a somewhat related 6) Are you taking reservations now or only when the thread opens in January?

When I sold One Stop it was primarily due to the fact we had a newborn and I chose family over the game. My personal situation since has changed in which I am now single and my son lives with my ex. Secondly I am now working on a 4 year contract in Alaska and I have 2 years remaining. There is literally nothing to do out here, but spend my time on EvE. Way cheaper than buying a few beers at the bar here.

I have been back in EvE for 18 months roughly working on a few projects internally with old friends in Black Aces. The most recent being T2 operations (roughly 135b close out from 50b invested over 6 months) with Sonichaze. I did a lot of PvP on my pew toon then started looking for another project to tackle.

Staff are severely restricted to asset access and in most cases require I hold a deposit if they are handling any of my various project related assets. They are never given anything valued more than their deposit with one exception. Sonichaze had 100% access to all assets during my 6 month T2 project and is a very old friend thus I trust him to run day to day operations without a deposit. Yes there is some risk there, but I will vouch for him. He will still have pretty limited access to IPO assets. Things such as structures are owned and operated by my alt corp and only I have roles for those. I ask him for assistance in managing fueling, shipping product, and spreadsheet wizardry.

I think my IPO method really shined a light into MD and it is time another solid blue chip venture was out there. Sure I could do a bond, but that really only helps me, and not like I need the ISK. I would rather see people invest into something and see an investment grow as the company does. It also helps people who are heavily invested get involved and voice opinions during shareholder votes. Now if someone came by and wanted to privately invest I am always open to hear them and discuss details, however I am really just looking to work on a public project so I have something to look forward to every day.

Personal NAV at the time of this post 7.4T including the AT ship collection at recent sell values. I have excluded a few collectors items and current sell orders from this value as I assume you just wanted a estimate.

Not currently taking reservations. The only thing I have done is discuss the company with a few interested private investors. I would like to go IPO in January, but it depends heavily on getting some infrastructure ironed out and finishing a few negotiations to ensure profitability at scale.

Edited for spelling

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed answers!

Not a problem. If you need any further information feel free to post here and I will answer when I am able.

1 Like

Just an update. Our first 30 day reactions have finished, Standard Exile is now stocked, Still some negotiations going on regarding structures, reactions being moved to reduce system index costs, hammering out deals with fellow producers in the north, still developing our advertising materials, website has been updated with latest pricing, and we are still doing the EvE University promotion this month. If you want to support EvE University buy a booster grab bag from us at http://buymypills.com

where could i fined shares for this

Currently no shares are publicly available. The IPO is slated to launch in January. I am currently using this thread to keep everyone updated on what is going on.

watching… and waiting :slight_smile:

Our first small trade with another producer has completed. Website will be updated this evening to reflect Standard Drop now in stock. Improved Exile, Strong Exile, and Improved Drop will be available in a few weeks. This was the first of many future trades we hope.

Just wanted to provide an update for everyone which can be found here. We will be pushing out the IPO release to February 2018 at the earliest. With a lot of the guys taking time off during the holidays to be with family I didn’t feel we were where I wanted to be with reporting and market stocks yet. We will be working hard over the next month to shore things up and at least have some comparison to December 2017. Still a good amount of groundwork for us to finish. I will continue to provide updates as things develop.

Just wanted to bring an update and let everyone know at this time we have chosen to keep this project private due to internal interest and some things I deemed too high risk for a public venture. Updates will be found on my website monthly and we look forward to our little adventure over the next year. Thanks for everyone who was interested in the project.

#releasethememo

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.