What is the general "health" of this game? Subs? New players, etc? (Part II - 2018)

your talking out your ass, you cant know who is botting. ive never heard anything that supports botting in all my time in PH in any channel

He is right about multi-boxing. I can think of a few cases where I just sat and listened to players on TS3 and Discord, and could hear them talking about having 3 screens up with 3 different instances of Eve running, and they would move between them running each one.

It isnt botting, and it isnt illegal, it is if anything more challenging. But hey if that is the way they want to play, and they want to pay for that many accounts, more power to them.

nothin wrong with multi boxing, just saying he has no idea what he is talking about, making it sound like everyone in null is botting

Didnt say there was anything wrong with it. I did say if anything it is harder.

And he did make it sound like there is some grand scheme of bots going around.

1 Like

The biggest problem with bot’s is that they drive all incomes down into the dust, this results in a lot more grinding needed to sustain pvp, which is not good for the longevity of the game. Lucky CCP introduced moon mining in high sec which is lowering the cost of normal mineral’s, and maybe one day the moon goo will drop too and ships will be a lot more affordable to fly, but today is not that day.

A decline of less than 10% for an MMO as old as EVE is actually really good.

4 Likes

i think you missed the sarcasm. But it wasn’t too long ago that free to play and real $ market were sacred cows that could never be touched - and look where we are now.

1 Like

He didn’t say botting. He said Multi boxing. And I can attest I see more and more people(myself included) branching out into multiple accounts. It’s a thing.

First time I see in some language people calling cakes items that you put into urinals and pee on. What a heresy. :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Agreed lots started the game with 1 and now have 12 char’s, many of them PI alts.

Cyanide and Happiness is an… interesting comic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.