When hope dies: my fears on the development direction of the game

This is actually great news. With the 15 minute reactivation delay on cloaks as a part of this change we can finally evict those afk scum from our space.

Coming to null and WH near you!

1 Like

“lowsec and nullsec regions”

Not WH’s.

Bummer but at least they get the 15 minute reactivation delay and time to pvp!

I think what they will do instead is retreat into highsec

1 Like

Basically. Well except for the corp/alliance member who put the cloaky there.

They make great scarecrows. Whole system to your self really.

People fly by and go if you die you will be made fun of man.

you go yeah I know but I need the money., have to take my chances…and try to not laugh while saying it.

Ahh, I was referring to the very large numbers of people using cloaking and while like interceptors to get around, do exploration and so on mostly. I have offered ways of dealing with campers cloaking for ages and the people freaking out about them didn’t want to hear about it, they wanted CCP to fix it for them instead.
They are what I refer to as “got miners” people who look around them and say “I got mine, screw you”.
CCP walked right into it and kissed them square on the… Ahem.
Anyhow, it’s getting obnoxious trying to get good at anything in Eve and a lot of people are fed up with it.

This is CCP your dealing with. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Don’t argue with people who disdain your very existence in what they see as their game, only to be played their way. Half the people responding to this thread are not interested in a discourse on the issues, they want only to silence people who don’t agree with them. When I heard CCP describe their take on the nullification issue in that interview it finally hit me: the people at the reigns are the same as the exact kind of people. The (Eve) Gods don’t only play dice, the dice are loaded. No amount of feedback or discussion is ever going to change that.

6 Likes

If these (the cloaking changes) go in as reported they may be fairly benign, but I haven’t gotten a chance to look at it yet on SiSi. Frankly I’ve become very apathetic about the whole thing. This time CCP left the mouse their lone remaining tool. Bravo. We’ll see how long that lasts.

Thats an interesting idea… but why in hell would a company want that?

nullsec travel - at least for me - is dead now. why spent a day waiting for cooldowns?

so why might ccp want us to wait more?

2 Likes

Exactly this.

Once, long long ago someone (I think it was CCP Falcon) said somehting along the lines of “The diference between EvE and WoW is that in WoW, players pray to the Gods (devs) to change the world for them. In EvE, the players understand there are no gods.”

How that has changed for the worse.

I think two things are at player here, one valid and one invalid, imo.

The valid reason, I think, is the impact of scouting interceptors and sneaky petes in nullsec warfare. I don’t have experience with nullsec warfare to evaluate whether or not this is ‘valid’ from the grand scheme of things, but I can imagine it being reasonable from what little I know.

The invalid reason, I think, is letting gate camps kill more interceptors. I go into detail in previous replies as to why I think this reason is invalid/a bad trade.

Removed some off topic posts.

2 Likes

Well, the biggest impact is for the regular player in null when he want to get something from jita or just burn 10 jumps from staging to a mining system or whetever reason he has to quickly travel from a to b

No one forcing you to play it. Plenty of other great games out there and many better than EVE.

No one forcing you. Plenty to do in the game without joining null blocks.

Looks like you’ve outgrown the game. Try Elite, good game!

“Adding subtlety” LOL! More like adding ways to GET PAID!
It’s just a game, my friend. Don’t worry, be happy.

That’s definition of EVE Online. Prey on newer players is the name of the game. Play smart, not hard.

You’re wrong. You’ve had wrong impression of ga.e since day one. This game is designed to frustrate you so you pay money. Again, play smart. Play casual and Alpha. Game not worth you money.

Yes you’re right about that, they tighten the noose so you pay money.

That’s right, they’re taking direction of more money for them.

Play Elite, be happy.
EVE is just for a few hours a week on Alpha when you’re bored of Elite.
Hugs.

Jesus Christ.

Our Lord and savior. Most blessed be is His name.

This response did not end up where I thought it was going when I set out haha

That’s the true tragedy of it. A certainly level of monetization is expected and healthy for any game. I’m unsure just how much of a role it plays in these discussions.

I think your activities are starting to show up in the MER! Bravo!

It plays a tremendous role since all of CCP’s decisions are based on how much money an idea can bring them.
CCP has abandoned development of EVE in favor of easy cash and it shows. Previously unsolved issues remain unsolved and instead all we get are nerfs ( more frustrations so you pay more money ) or useless skins.
You do the math.