Who is the oldest races in eve online?

So where do Drifters fit in?, are they part of Jove or pre Jove?

2 Likes

Jove that took their enhancements just a tad too far.

2 Likes

So like IR vision,WiFi or just skill in driving ships around corners?

1 Like

And you just gave me an idea.

CCP mentioned they are going to be adding new space (eventually if thats still the plan) what if this is were the Talocan’s went? That would be interesting.

2 Likes

I wonder how much PLEX one would have to buy to be allowed entrance… :expressionless:

OT i know, just being very skeptical on when that’ll actually happen and what the state of the game will be when it does. If it does.

1 Like

Sorry you are lacking 23989 Plex to be allowed entrance, come back when you have the full amount…

2 Likes

Drifters are unusual. We know they come from the construct and are associated with the Sleepers (who are as we know Second empire Jove). In fact, the Jove refer to the Drifters as such.

However, their true nature is not fully known, there are one of three possibilities:

• The Drifters are The Other, a rogue AI that has emerged from the construct, desperate for human form.

• The Drifters are the Sleepers from the Second Empire who have had their bodies disconnected and their implants harvested for Jamyl’s ‘Templar’ project.

• The Drifters are something else that has managed to access the Construct and impose itself as The Other.

5 Likes

I don’t know about that. They made a great show in ganking the only known host of the Other, so why would they kill themselves?

Perhaps seeking a higher plane of exsistance, an attemp at become more than a physical presence. Something akin to pure energy…

1 Like

ELI5 aren’t all the races of equal age?

In game Terrans are a myth, however out of game we know that the original origin of humans in New Eden is from Earth via a couple of wormholes.

Until the collapse of the Eve Gate, everyone in the cluster (and likely additional solar systems we haven’t reached in the galaxy yet) were the same race and it’s only those ‘colonies’ that survived post the collapse remain now.

The five races we currently know of and the additional AI based races are all of Terran origine right? and all the same age essentially, though they might not have begun identifying as the current race at the same time.

Edit:

Never mind. I read Teinyhr’s post above:

1 Like

The reason they could be either or is in the details - a while before they assassinated Jamyl (who contained the Other), we learned that they had also killed Hilen Tukoss in their space.

Thing is though, it seems that Tukoss’s Infomorph was captured by the Drifters as he died, meaning that it’s absolutely possible that they did the same thing to the Other/Jamyl when they killed her, since the Other was actually unable to leave Jamyl’s head.

It’s excitingly ambiguous, and a lot of us are looking forward to learning the truth - myself, I’d be surprised if the “Other” was just removed from the story, given how central the Other and the Others are to the inner conflict of the Sleepers and the Enheduanni~

2 Likes