Bounty System Overhaul

This is honestly one of the worst ideas I’ve ever seen for overhauling the bounty system.

It combines all of the problems of all the other ideas (it gets around CONCORD, it’s easy to end up assigned a pilot you can never kill, it’s generally massively RNG based) while also allowing someone to basically drop an amount of ISK on someone that they can not possibly pay to remove and thus keep them in the bounty pool indefinitely.

Because I don’t feel like reitterating this again I’ll point you at this thread with a similar idea and this thread with another similar idea both of which occurred in the last month, give or take.

To give a brief summary though:

• Bounty Hunting should not provide a way around CONCORD. If it does it will be abused. Unfortunately that’s what roughly 95% of these ideas amount to, is a way to shoot someone with a Bounty in High Sec without repercussions.
  • You can not fix the above by having bounties randomly assigned. You’re still giving people a way around CONCORD while also killing the gameplay for the few people maybe not abusing the system, since the odds are over 50% that they get assigned a player who either won’t log in during the Bounty’s active period, never leaves station, or plays in an area that is either inaccessible to them or for which a Bounty adds nothing to gameplay (Null, Low, Wormholes).

The only thing in your idea that’s at all novel is the ability to pay to remove your bounty, which basically just allows someone to inflict ISK damage with their wallet rather than their guns.

The discount for sec status is laughably small, and most Freighter pilots (the most likely recipients of Bounties under this system) will have a sec status of 0.0 anyway.

All the players that might have to pay more, or that other players might want shot for reasons other than “he’s full of shiny loot” either won’t care if their ship is lost or maintain a low enough sec status they can be shot on sight anyways. Which is kind of the last nail in the coffin for these ideas, all the people others might have a legitimate reason to want shot but not to the point where suicide ganks would be a reasonable option are pretty much -5 or -10 anyway.