CODE. Bowheads are useless in Hisec

Black Pedro already pointed this out, but I’d still like to supplement his answer. This topic came up for discussion fairly recently on the forums, and the verdict is that not only is it perfectly acceptable to pull Concord, it is entirely the point. They’re programmed that way.

Also I have to stress that there is no “gaming the system” here. For as long as I’ve been a part of EvE, there’s been a general rule of thumb that content and game mechanics are introduced, but never explained to the players. It’s up to the players to figure out the nuances of how they work. Things like pulling Concord are an intentional part of the programming. You can’t “game the system” for something they intentionally put in there for you to use in this express fashion.

2 Likes

Take who ever’s word you feel like dude. Pedro is correct.

2 Likes

OK I have waited long enough on this, if you are a freighter and you get pointed and then bumped and CONCORD does not arrive following the criminal point you should immediately report the person who pointed you and the bumper (as he is involved in it) because he has done something illegal.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t concord arrive though? Or do you mean arrive later than they should?

There is a mechanic that they abuse, as it is something that is not patched I cannot detail the mechanic however doing this enables them to leave grid which is against the rules once they have gone criminal.

People need to report it.

You can expect CODE flunkies to start coming in on this now to pretend that it is nothing, but people need to report it.

And there you go a divert attention post, how quaint…

1 Like

Finally, tears from Drac about bumping. The thread is now complete,

3 Likes

:anguished:

Complaints about exploiting players = tears about bumping. uhu. I guess I learned something new today.

But considering that the guy who was recently caught doing this repeatedly is in your corp, it’s no wonder you’re trying to downplay it.

2 Likes

Sure, it’s not like ag claims every little thing gankers use to their advantage an exploit. If you guys would actually try to do something instead of complaining and crying on the forums maybe you would even stop a gank some day.

4 Likes

Well last night I jumped into the AG channel to then be shown a long list of gankers caught on numerous gates and then the real nice part a smart bomb attack that wiped out the rest of their fleet and the freighter was saved too boot. Being the appreciative sort of person that I am, I then donated 150m to the fleet that caught them on the gates and 60m to the SB Maller pilot to buy two more.

It did include some randoms in that related but hey ho…)

One of the gate actions:

A damn fine job by the AG players, could you even find it possible to say a magnanimous “Well played sirs!”

1 Like

From this thread I have learnt that:

AG do stuff despite CODE propaganda

CODE generate loads of content for the game and the forums, despite AG propaganda

Bowheads aren’t useless, they are the BEST TOOL FOR THE JOB and GOOD VALUE RIGHT NOW, but they also generate content as they are not indestructible, and there are several available for sale around high sec RIGHT NOW, I would snap them up quickly before they all go.

In fact, I would go further and say they are just about the best all round transport if you cant afford a jump freighter they have great tanks, they look cool, and can align pretty quick with a mwd even if you don’t have a webber- I would be looking to get one asap.

3 Likes

I have never said that they don’t provide content, though I have suggested that in certain areas this content is rather stale and desperately uninteresting.

I have a Bowhead with a BS MWD :slight_smile: What you have to understand is that if you are outside of the main pipes and hubs, you can operate in relative security, because CODE and Miniluv are so low on bods now that they only focus on the main pipes.

3 Likes

propaganda is propaganda, and I love it all

now back to those bowheads- still a bargain I reckon, what do you think?
I don’t have my own agenda AT ALL :innocent:

So… the half billion CVA industial that died… was that part of the plan ?

1 Like

That’s an unrelated wardeccer kill. Here is a BR covering all four systems:

https://br.inyour.space/?s=2782,2789,2781,3504&b=7817536,7817536,7817536,7817544&e=2,12,1,3&t=qevvb

Unrelated but half of the killmail.

AG are more of a threat to haulers than .CODE lol

4 Likes

“Unrelated” as in: it happened somewhere else in the system and had nothing to do with this (see the time and location data of the KM).

So either AG was complicit in the destruction of a hauler or while AG was playing with .CODE a hauler was destroyed by someone else and AG couldnt do anything to stop it?

How is this a victory again?

2 Likes

Dude, are you really that dense? That was a wardec kill, not a gank. zkb often gets some kills wrong in the related kills feature as it has to use a heuristic. That’s why br.inyour.space was created in the first place. It allows much more fine grained control to depict what really happened.

1 Like

I shall note that down as “things Ive been told by people with vested interests”