New player interrested in fighting over riches / for a cause

alpha here for now (i tried eve over 10 years ago, but never rly did anything with a corp (i would mine veldspar in highsec lol) so basically i never rly gave the real game a chance) but will go omega if i stick with the game.

im not super familiar with all of eve`s careers and endgame (hence this probe for a corp that thinks it can show me something similar to what im asking for, or let me know that eve does not provide this).

for right now im training some exploration since that looks like the most fun new player solo job. (im not sure if exploration is fun long term yet or not, if its high payout scarce opportunities with risk then im sure il like it).

this is kinda important, i rly do not want to do something that is as monotone as afk mining or other pure GRIND unless it is a necessary evil for something fun / meaningful (the important thing here is im fine harvesting a finite resource of some kind that the group controls, or help control said resource, BUT i dislike repeatedly doing jobs that are in infinite demand by the game, that basically just exists as a bootstrap fallback option in case of bankruptcy until a group can get the capital to invest in something more risky but money generating form of territory exploitation (like for example endlessly repeatable missions from agents, or mining veldspar in highsec).

i suspect some kind of nullsec and-or wormhole (wormholes sound rly cool with what little i know) resource exploitation (that will then need to be fought over to keep / expand) is what im looking for, but if anybody has other pointers i would like to hear them.

im willing to try out pretty much everything in the game, and in every game i eventually get a bit restless and will want to feel out all kinds of builds, so basically im not super picky with a preconceived ship playstyle and will conform to whatever compositional doctrines are needed eventually, that said right now drone launching carriers and EWAR seems cool, mby also the bomb launching ships, mby a carrier one day but who knows if they are fun to fly.

timezone wise im usually free from 17 00, but some days i wont feel like playing or wont have time, while other days im sure il put in 10 hours and be free much earlier in the day.

personality wise im a hard theorycrafter and strategist who loves to discuss whats optimal in games, but im sure that in eve most of the number crunching will be done already by now, and the strategy i will obv have very naive ideas.
In teamwork games i like every voice to be heard when discussing how/what to do activity wise and good ideas be listened to, while bad ideas leading to being educated WHY its bad, however this is all out of combat and such, ofc in combat functional comunication is needed and coordination in the now is more important than anything else.
I absorb information about new games like a sponge from anyone who has the time to explain, as long as it is explained WHY a conclusion is the way it is in the game.

out of game im pretty much a philosopher nerd and always likes to hash out a thought experiment or friendly discussion with ppl who are willing, i enjoy dry humor and clever satire but im not cracking a joke every 5 minutes, usually im either quiet or talking quite a bit and not so much the in-between

philosophically i like the idea of eve being this hyper capitalistic game-world, so i have no problems with piracy or any other “exploitation” in the spirit of the game, but i am not interested in any kind of repeated targeted greifing with the SOLE intent of causing pain for other players, that level of meta gaming even if effective i want no part in.

1 Like

Take a look at TRIAD and see if that sounds interesting:

Hello Singrana,

I am so glad that I came across your post this morning. As I was reading it, I couldn’t help but reflect on my own experience in EVE…thus far . Let me start by telling you a brief history of who I am and how I got here. I was introduced to EVE in late 2008, early 2009. I was immediately fascinated, probably due to my affliction aka (passion for everything Science Fiction). Anyways, the Sandbox was set before me, and I began my journey of exploration of who and what I wanted to be. With a close friend (family) member we set off to master the one thing that everyone needs to survive anything in life, money. We began an ICE mining operation back in the day and made a crap ton of ISK. This was before the change in mechanics on locations and frequencies of ICE Belts in HS. Once CCP changed this, I moved on to Mission Runner, dedicated to my craft for another 3 years…got bored a bit doing the same thing over and over but the whole time treated the NPC as PVP as far as positioning on the battlefield. I was then introduced to WH space and watched some videos from EVEPROGUIDE, at the time I thought “It doesn’t sound like me, stuck in a scary place, without any kind of gaming focus.” But being willing to try, and try I did.

I have lived in a WH space since that time, I have experienced ALL the classes of WH. And I have NEVER looked back. This has been the BEST EVE experience thus far and I can’t get enough of PVP. I wanted to pass on the experience…been in an organization and helped grow this organization, not for my liking but to better everyone’s EVE content. I truly believe in EVE, the concept, the sandbox, the timeless classic MMOG.

Please if you get a chance, take a closer look at who/what we are all about…

Hope to see ya in space,
o7

P.S. I loved your last few paragraphs about philosophy. EVE is what we make of it, let’s make it better…together!

this will helped :smiley:

Heyo!

Krypted Gaming is looking for quality, social pilots to join us on our space adventures. We are a community focused on quality over quantity, and look for pilots with great attitudes towards the game and fellow players. We live in the nullsec region of Deklein, and are proud members of SLYCE.

We aim to be,

• Tight Knit (~40-50 actual humans)
  • Highly active (88.5% of our members are online daily)
  • Top Contributors in PvP & Industry (top 3 for monthly alliance fleet participation)
  • Knowledgable & Approachable (tons of guides on our website)

Whether you are a new player or veteran, we are looking for team players who want to contribute to a community. All of our members are active, decent human beings (except our corporate Grandpa, Helltrek) with lives outside of the game. Given that, we also have plenty of memes!

Come chat with us in our Discord!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.