New Project Discovery: COVID-19

To be fair, the interface is straightforward enough that marking multiple clusters isn’t that hard once you get past the early “check your accuracy” test slides.

I’m able to deal with multiple multi cluster slides quickly enough to regularly trigger the “you’re going too fast” warnings on a semi-regular basis.
But you’re right in saying the rewards need some upward adjustment - especially to reflect accuracy, as per the previous PD version.

3 Likes

All the “bot” countermeasures prevent us from contributing with the time left we had during the day.
What a waste .

2 Likes

6 Likes

I tried project discovery 3 times, failed. And quit :frowning:

1 Like

Hey, man.

First of all, there was a hard limit in planets and on top accuracy it allowed you to obtain around 9 levels a day.

Secondly, the speed. I am a biologist and do those quite fast. I got to 91,5 in first day for 1 hour and 45 minutes and I got to 98,5 on the second day in 1:15. Tick is approx. 1,5 million, almost on par with my fastest Exoplanets tick (2,1 million).

1 Like

Not sure who you’re replying to here, but the “hard limit” in planets could be gotten around by relogging, so it wasn’t actually a hard limit like this PD - you can’t relog to get around this limit like you could with planets.

1 Like

Wow, didn`t know relogging did such thing. Thanks.

It doesn’t now =(

That’s how a lot of people burned from 1 to 500 in planets.
Can’t do that now.

I went from 1-14 day 1.
from 14 to 23 day two (why did my daily maximum not take me to 28? I don’t know.)
Not sure how far I’ll get today when I hit my daily max.

I did the same jouney and I know why you did not get to 28th. As with planets, at the start each level takes more EXP to get to. So after 25th level we will probably start getting same amount of levels daily

2 Likes

Not so long ago, I returned to the game, learning about the project discovery began to devote a lot of time to it. every day, for 3-4 hours I completed tasks, for a month and a half I reached level 492. and without warning, discovery change and throw off all the levels. I was just one day short. all my requests are refused by the GM. I’m desperate for injustice, I don’t want to play a game where the administration doesn’t warn you in advance and then treats you so cruelly!

why not meet the players halfway? I asked for the drawing to be read to me, and the missing amount at the market price as a percentage of the unfinished to be deducted from me, but there is no such thing!

Administration, please respond!

5 Likes

Ok, so I can finally give some more insight in Project Discovery COVID.
I made it to level 29 today and I’m at 99% accuracy already.

There are some important numbers to know.
at 99% Accuracy you get 89exp and 99,000isk per slide just like last PD

Also, like the last PD. Once you get to level 25 you start getting the superior crates that give 2 rewards instead of 1

Starting at level 27 the EXP you need per level goes up to 3,000 and it’s been constant since then.

The Hard lock timer seems to start when you first start PD for the first time. So if it takes you 2 hours to go through all the slides then the hard lock timer should start at 22 hours (24hrs minus the 2 you spent).

Now here is where I take serious issue with the hard lock timer. Somebody please check my math, but assuming you are at 99% accuracy and you max out every day you can only get 4.218 levels per day (This is accounting for the double XP you get on the first 10 slides every day)… This means if you want to nab that sweet sweet marshal skin you will have to max out every day for 158 days.

Which for reference means we MIGHT see one on the server by Thanksgiving.

Personally I think the 100 slide per day limit needs to go up to at LEAST 500 for Omega accounts. 1000 is preferable. I’m also all for limiting alpha’s down to 50 or 100 a day because I know botting is a thing.

7 Likes

Well you’re too late for that. It only solved it for Exoplanets. Sorry, kind of funny…

1 Like

Because it’s not the number of ranks/levels completed, but a number of samples analyzed that is limited. And as you progress up the levels, higher levels have a higher number of samples to get through. Like with the Exoplanets.

1 Like

true but would be nice if we could get more people to do it if it helps with the COVID-19 I mean it is a problem that effect us all. I know it´s a bad idea but just during this time maybe make the isk reward you get each time a bit bigger or something to get people to be like okey I will do it just this time.

Replace the gift clicker with one single slide and a gift dispenser and voila, cured within days.

Wierdly I never noticed that when burning through planets. once I broke 100 it felt like roughly the same amount each time.
Thanks for the info!

Bet y’all wished you didn’t donate all your Plex For Good when you could have just bought the skins after the PD reset.

After a certain level – I think it was 50, after Pacifier BPC, the levels had the same amount of samples. We are not at 50 yet, because we can’t analyze an unlimited number of samples this time. So, it’s probably the same with this one, after 50 it will be constant.

1 Like

It’s 3,000 exp per slide after level 27

3 Likes

Yeah, I remember now, that happened at level 25 with the Exoplanets, when you started getting the superior crates. Been so long since I was back there…