Project Discovery

What do you think about the current phase of Project Discovery?? It find it interesting and I wanna help Science, but I liked the previous phase from 2017 better. It was just more interesting; you could analyze data from exoplanets and help discovering new ones. I hope that CCP re-introduces the one with exoplanets (or something similar at least) once the Covid19 pandemic is over.

Fly save and discuss

Same as the last phase, very grindy and easily gamed to get maximum rewards, no effort required once you can recognise the “check” slides

While its no doubt helped science it is, for the most part not engaging or something i really cared about much, spamming triangles for 500 levels to get a marshal BPC is a bit meh

1 Like

It’s bad.

Not the PD Project itself, but the execution.

I liked the previous two PD versions. If I remember correctly I got to around level 260 last time, until they added all the strict anti-spam and bot measures.

I’ve disliked PD ever since: each time I try it and get in a flow, I get thrown out, get time outs, and remember why I stopped doing PD again. It just frustrates me. Just let me help science and solve these puzzles please!

I got the mask this time (level 5?), and noticed the same timeouts and closing windows are still present. Until these time outs and closing windows are removed, I probably won’t touch it again. I understand that anti-botting measures are necessary, but this just broke PD for me. Either you get my attention or you don’t, I’m not going to slow down because of some invisible timer; I’d rather pay attention to something else then.

I don’t have big hopes that CCP reverts that change, so I guess none of the future PD will be enjoyable for me, no matter how interesting I find them.

2 Likes

Removed inappropriate posts.

Thanks

ISD Bahamut

1 Like

Never touched pd. Is it worth the effort?

It’s interesting and pays decently. You get some nice skins out of it too, if you care about that, and special rewards at certain milestones that can pay really well (Marshall blueprint!)

Try it and see for yourself if you like doing it. It’s a nice activity to keep you busy while camping gates, waiting for a fleet or while ratting or mining.

If only the timeouts weren’t here I’d still do it.

I like this one better than the exo planet.

That one took more effort for me to feel like I was giving it due diligence, but it was very confusing as to what consituted a well or not. In that case, I neither spammed them quickly enough for the rewards to be worth it, nor did I get the satisfaction of feeling I was doing it right.

With this one, while it’s still somewhat confusing, I don’t have to bother with all the zooming in and graph superimposition that the exo planet required. It’s pretty easy to complete them quickly, so I get decent rewards AND I feel like I’m doing a good enough job to actually contribute.

Removed some off topic posts.

If you do it for a while you can get the reward up to max which is 99k per submission. You can only do a limited nuimber of submissions a day and only 5 per minute but if you dont have omega and an passive income like PI or Research alts, it is DEFENITELY worth it!!! you cam make like 20 mil in 20-40 mins, which is good if you dont have another really good ISK source.

It’s not only about the rewards. You actually help science, so try to do it fast but still good!

Do what exactly and how?

1 Like

At this point we already have multiple COVID vaccines so i’m not sure how much we are actually contributing to anything at this point, that being said i don’t think any of my submissions helped science because they were mostly triangles to just tick over a payment lol

2 Likes

"The newest iteration of Project Discovery allows you to analyze data produced by flow cytometers. Using a tracing tool, you will draw polygons around clusters of cells. In doing so, you will participate in analyzing COVID-19 data, as well as other related flow cytometry charts, which will help scientists understand better how our immune systems are impacted by this novel coronavirus. " found at Project Discovery - Citizen science begins with you | EVE Online

2 Likes

That explains very little, and doesnt explain exactly how this helps.

But thanks

1 Like

It’s about BDSM.

I started mid January and I’ve been told to submit so many times I now wear a leather hood and ball gag when playing PD.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Reprehensible.

It’s going to take me weeks to get this image out of my head now. Bah! . . . :rofl:

:mouse:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.