Simple Carrier Ratting Balance

A typical marauder is half the price of a typical carrier. If carriers started self-tackling the same as marauders you’d probably see more people mitigate their exposure to risk by flying in a cheaper ship. By increasing the risk of carriers, you make marauders look more attractive, which puts more people in them. Honestly, if I have a choice I’d rather drop on a solo carrier over a marauder anyways - waaay easier to defang a carrier than a golem lol. Problem is, you can’t catch the damn things without some kind of shenanigans (logoff tricks etc).

Do you have statistics for this? Genuine ask, I was always of the belief that it was super carriers which were the “problem”. While regular carriers are indeed a significant isk faucet, I always thought supers were the firehose of isk faucets. Other than heavy fighters, what other skills are needed to get into a super after a carrier?

I acknowledge this as a problem, though view it as a separate problem from carriers themselves (people can and do rat in titans for example). While I believe teamwork should result in collective gain, there should be upper limits to the inherent safety of a dozen supers and 50 faxes within a jump of you… and that the current level of safety exceeds those limits. I posted a separate thread on something which would all but eliminate that as a problem when hunting those bigger groups.

EDIT: