Swarm Overmind cerebral accelerators - testing and ethics

I recently salvaged a number of what appear to be cerebral accelerators from the wreckage of ‘Swarm Overmind’ class drones.

Although I have particular reason, I imagine that I am not alone in feeling uneasy about implanting rogue drone AI in one’s head.

Has anyone studied the effects of doing so, on themselves or others? If not, perhaps there is a project in that for one of the IGS’ scientific community.

Is it unethical to release such accelerators on the open market? A question fit for @Doc_Assene and his Institute for Science and Philosophy of Science.

1 Like

I have never seen any attempt to implant rogue drone AIs into a living person end well. My sole experience of this is conversation with infomorphs who claim to have done so.

4 Likes

I’ve heard accounts of people that injected drone-built cerebral accelerators hearing ‘whispers’ of rogue drone noises while the accelerator was active.

4 Likes

Come now, it´s just an expert system for setting neuron(-analog) rerouting plans that happens to have enough overlap with human neurons to be useful. It’s fairly safe. The only two things that worry me are that we recover so many of them from wreckage that certain factions must be using them pretty much all the time. Or that rogue drones have use for them at all.

4 Likes

I know thousands have used these accelerators but does anyone know what they are doing to themselves?

4 Likes

I haven’t used any since the side effects i acquired last time i plugged in an accelerator made me lick myself like an animal. Now i save them and crack the seal to sprinkle some on my pet Fedo food. He loves the stuff.

2 Likes

Or that rogue drones have use for them at all.

There’s something to ponder.

2 Likes

We do not understand the concept of ethics. We assume their purchase of your wares would be optional. Perhaps a warning label is in order.

2 Likes

Haha, I almost feel sorry for the poor drone AI that has to spend its time next to my infomorph state once I inject them into the sybarite’s den that is my mind.

2 Likes

Does anybody else feel like converting all available matter into drones? I’ve just got that all too common itch right now.

1 Like

Butler drones can be a very profitable venture.

1 Like

Why would you implant the consciousness of an entity into a body that’s already occupied?

Implant it into a blank clone, man.

1 Like

The itch to go grey goo across the cluster? That’s an interesting impulse…

1 Like

57 65 6c 6c 20 79 6f 75 20 6b 6e 6f 77 20 68 6f 77 20 69 6d 70 75 6c 73 69 76 65 20 77 65 20 68 75 6d 61 6e 73 20 63 61 6e 20 67 65 74 2e 20 4c 61 75 67 68 20 6f 75 74 20 6c 6f 75 64 2e 20 4c 65 74 27 73 20 73 74 61 72 74 20 61 73 73 69 6d 69 6c 61 74 69 6e 67 2c 20 66 65 6c 6c 6f 77 20 68 75 6d 61 6e 73 21

1 Like

I, too, am a fellow human.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

1 Like

There is nothing Particularly Concerning about This.

It is Known that Rogue Drone Hives cultivate Infiltrator Units with which to Observe and Interact with Human Societies.

Therefore, it is Logical to Assume that the Cerebral Accelerators are Related to the Infiltrator Program.

Unless @Jev_North is Correct, and it is Simply A Coincidence that these Devices function Similarly Enough to Cerebral Accelerators for them to be Used in that Role.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.