What's your golden rule for EvE

We have the 8 golden rules of EvE stickied, here : 8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

What I want to know is what are your golden rules?

Looking forward to hearing them :slight_smile:

Keep my wallet “empty” to motivate me to play the game

Fly in tanked haulers and watch the silly ganker in a cruiser trying to kill the hauler

Never, Ever, Get distracted by a kitten when doing missions.

4 Likes

If it’s not fun, don’t do it.

Whatever you are doing, be excellent at it. Learn all you can about it.

Don’t fly bigger things just because they are ‘better’ when you don’t have the skills or the experience. A Battleship in the hands of an idiot is a bigger danger to the pilot than to anyone else.

Shop around.

Play EVE your way. Don’t be told how to play, be a pioneer, once upon a time, everyone was.

4 Likes

Aaaahhh you would have made my day with your first rule if it was just the same as Reggie from Nintendo

Pretty solid rule tho!
2 Likes

Pod Amarr.

3 Likes

Corallary: Shoot another player only in self defense.

• Codicil: If you do, make for damn sure you win the fite.

Enjoy yourself, Eve is a game. If it gets to the point where Eve starts to feel like a job, sit down and ask “Is this what I want to do?” – as it may be time for a change.

8 Likes

Always align to something, no matter what you are doing. Even if you are at a dead stop, be aligned to something.

3 Likes

That’s why I try to have my cats away from my laptop loool

1 Like

Live. Die. Repeat.

(Thx Tom Cruise :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Remember: it’s only a game. So, do what You enjoy!

3 Likes

Sometimes you need to do something not entirely fun (i.e., PI with 3 characters) so you can get ISK to spend on nice ships and modules. The key is to balance them I guess.

Edit: My golden rule: Don’t take it personal.

1 Like

First post here.

As an explorer, I have two maxims:

1. Greed is good.

2. Curiosity Cannot Kill The Clone.

Nah man, if you are not having fun with the pace you’re going for, then don’t bother at all, not everyone enjoys getting hardcore income, because fun is about doing what we enjoy, so let people do PI if they feel like it, its not forced or anything and it does not hinder anything, people that start the game and instantly think “I need maximum income” they will soon find themselves quitting the game because they are doing what they are told to, not because its fun.

1 Like

PI is not hardcore income, and was just an example. For 15min per day you can afford really nice frigs and cruiser fits. That’s why I said it’s a balance.

What I mean with Hardcore income is making sure their time is spent as effectively as possible to earn hardcore income, PI will never be hardcore income because it is a passive thing. Some people enjoy taking their time with things, its all I was saying, if they don’t like PI then by all means Don’t.

1 Like

Set your d-scan to 360 and spam that scan button. Also know that you can use the little up and down arrows by the distance setting to make small adjustments to the scan distance.

And like Durhur says…

My golden rule of EVE:
If you can afford to lose your ship, shoot everything!

That said, I always abide by the first rule of EVE, I can always afford to lose my ship.

2 Likes

My overall rule in any game I play:

It’s meant to be fun. If it is not, there is need for change.

In EVE that might mean to move into other space or try something completely different.
In other games that might mean to install mods, to “get gud” myself, take a longer break, wait for an update or sometimes just quit. Depends mostly on the game.

Make more than I spend that day.

I have been failing at that recently.