100MN Shield Vexor Navy Issue, the workhorse of 0.0 ratting

Actually really enjoyed reading this guide, keep up the good work!

Great post! - Bookmarked for future reference on people who want to know about a reliable way to make money in nullsec.

1 Like

Nicely written. I am curious about the above statement though. If this is related to drones being attracted to EWAR targets, I believe this was changed in early 2015 and is no longer applicable. Or is this some other mechanic that I’m not aware of?

1 Like

Drone Agro is a funny thing.

I have 2 Snakes that I run in C3s. 1 has been getting drone aggro constantly for the past 3-4 days, the other non at all. Both in there own site and both with the same fit . Only difference is that 1 has Meta 2 RHML and Drone spec 4 while the other has T2 and Spec 5.

Who knows how it works.

1 Like

I agree that drone aggro is completely mysterious. But that unpredictable behavior sometimes leads to questionable correlations and conclusions. Correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is that the only thing that has been confirmed to influence drone aggro is the class of the NPC ship and drone size. Everything else seems to be highly speculative and lacking community consensus (which doesn’t make it wrong, but does make it unproven).

On the other hand, I’m totally convinced that the shirt I wear impacts whether my sports team wins or not, so who am I to say?

4 Likes

Very true, big old bag of mystery.

I have found that a Medium Capacitor Battery is superior to cap rechargers, and you get the added benefit of having neut resistance.

Replace the Acolytes with Warrior IIs for pvp defense if the opportunity presents itself. Mine have worked wonders on taking out an overly aggressive interceptor with no backup (or backup that was too distant).

Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancers are completely unneeded, add more Drone Damage Amplifiers (even with stacking penalty). Don’t be afraid to add faction versions if you get them as loot.

As you are speed tanking, fitting shield resist rigs is unneeded, and wasteful. Use the rigs to make yourself cap stable. Throw on a Medium Polycarbon engine housing for more speed and agility if you wish.

3 Likes

Nice guide, but I can’t endorse the use of MTUs and salvaging wrecks.

Lookit, if you want salvage, go do ONE relic site. You will get more salvage from ONE can in a relic site than you will get from five minutes of managing wrecks in a combat anom.

Salvage if you like it, but not for the loot. It’s a broken mechanic and huge waste of time. Bounties are what you do missions for, and loot if they are DED.

2 Likes

If I wanted to adapt this for WH I’m guessing I’d want mainly passive resist boosts due to the neuting pressure?

Note I’m a Gila fan but like the look of the cheap VNI so would like to try a variant.

The whole point of this ship is speed tanking. If you are speed tanking you are not being hit so you don’t need any passive resist boosts.

1 Like

Lots of good information thanks everyone.

How well would this work for high sec lvl 4 missions? Seems like it’d do well.

Thanks for this guide!

I made few modifications to the build, mainly adding a scanner so i can scan down combat sites.

But alas! I have a problem, when orbiting something at 30KM while AB is on i still get hit !

Its not just missiles and i know missiles will hit me always since they work like that, but i get hits from other weapons too (rails). It brings my shield down sometimes complitely and i certainly cant AFK or go grab a water glass or anything while ratting in this.

This happened at DED 3 site in Highsec.

Is this happening to others too and the talks of AFK VNI are exaterated ?

Is my probe scanner making my signature too big so i get hit because of it ?

This is my fit:

[Vexor Navy Issue, Vireys Karlissian’s Vexor Navy Issue]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II
Capacitor Power Relay II

Large Shield Extender II
Drone Navigation Computer I
100MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Extender II

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
Drone Link Augmentor I
Core Probe Launcher I

Medium Anti-Thermal Pump I
Medium Anti-Kinetic Pump I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Ogre I x2
Praetor I x3
Salvage Drone I x4
Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x2
Acolyte II x3

ded3 opnly appear in HS.
So maybe you could read the first line of the first post : The bold part is the important one.

Vexor Navy Issue is the workhorse of money-making in null-security space

DED complexes are different from nullsec anomalies and smaller guns will hit you much better than large ones. That Vexor Navy Issue is better at doing Hidden, Forlon or Forsaken, Hubs, Havens and Sanctums.

Thanks alot, this explains it! I hope this helps someone other if they have the same question in mind :).

Whats the average Isk from null ratting?

I’ve returned after a long break, is there much point as I don’t have a base in null sec?

Last time I tried to get in I didnt last long

I usually select an object in space like the rock in the rock haven or the first wreck and orbit that.

This post is bad advice from beginning to end.

Still better than yours

1 Like