Vexor Navy Issue for level 3 PVE

After the bonus for maximum drone velocity been nerfed, I don’t know if VNI is still effective in PVE.

I noticed most people will fit a 100MN AB on VNI but I don’t know how you would fit other modules.

I am mostly in Gallente high sec to fight Serpentis rats in level 3.

I also have no clue whether VNI is shield or armor tanked.

So I would like to ask how would you fit a VNI. Thx

This is my fit:

[Vexor Navy Issue, *tigeryi’s Vexor Navy Issue]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II

Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Cap Recharger II
Drone Navigation Computer I
100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Drone Link Augmentor I
150mm Prototype Gauss Gun
150mm Prototype Gauss Gun
[Empty High Slot]

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Federation Navy Hobgoblin x5
Federation Navy Hammerhead x5
Federation Navy Ogre x5

Thorium Charge S x80

in L3, with cap battery you can go with 50mn and dual medium rep. Then use a plating (or EANM if you have the spare CPU) and a reactive armor hardener.

1 Like

This is a really innovative way to fit a VNI. I actually really like your recommendation.

I am just kinda worried after the balance, the signal radius is increased from 135m to 145m, if I will fit a MWD, I might get obliterated by those larger rats.

Here’s my Lvl 3 VNI. On arrival I MWD out to 80-90km, then drop the Sentry drones and kill things before they can get me in their range. If something gets too close I pick up my sentries, MWD further away, drop the Sentries again, and carry on killing. The drone-speed nerf doesn’t affect me as Sentries don’t go anywhere, and the only time I use the mobile drones is if someone gets too close for the Sentries to track.

[Vexor Navy Issue, Sniping Vexor Navy Issue Fitting]
Damage Control II
Power Diagnostic System II
Inertial Stabilizers I
Type-D Restrained Overdrive Injector

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Sensor Booster II
Large Shield Extender II
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
220mm Medium Carbine Repeating Cannon I
220mm Medium Carbine Repeating Cannon I

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Hornet II x2
Caldari Navy Warden x5
Vespa II x1
Hammerhead II x2
Salvage Drone I x4
Hobgoblin II x3

Phased Plasma M x312
EMP M x628
Targeting Range Script x1
Scan Resolution Script x1
Nanite Repair Paste x51
Titanium Sabot M x640
Fusion M x640
Expanded Cargohold II x1

1 Like

You only use MWD to get to the next gate/objective faster.
use auxiliary rig for armor rep. Also you can use omnis in mid, but not sure if the CPU is enough. You don’t need drone link in the highs because you get closer to the rats.

1 Like

Alphas can’t use Sentries…

1 Like

Not my problem - that’s my fit, which works extremely well - if you like it then pay a sub to use it.

3 Likes

Cough - I do pay a sub, two in fact - I am not the OP.

1 Like

I was referring to the OP.

1 Like

Your omega fit is still useful for me. Even if Alpha can’t use sentry drones, I can still use heavy drones so this is not a big issue to me. I am always interested in shield tank cuz I use armor tank the most.

The shield tank is so I can use the low-slots for DDA’s instead of Armor - and at that range, it’s very rare to get more than a scratch on the shield’s paintwork when doing level-3’s, anyway (Sentries are the only thing that can reach you, so kill them first).

1 Like

I used a VNI for level 3 missions a few years ago - it was OK as long as you keep moving. I would recommend a 10MN AB you can leave running to speed tank and prefer the armor tank for minimum signature. Your drones do most of the work, use your guns to draw aggro and help keep the drones alive. I switched to the Gnosis shortly after they were handed out - far more effective for highsec level 3 missions, especially with low skills, and currently half the price.

1 Like

By the way thx for the Gnosis fitting you provided earlier. SoCT has fantastic ships indeed.

1 Like

You do not need the 100mn in high or low sec. That is the cornerstone module of the null ratting vni.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.